Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

zfletch74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2020
FYI for anyone using a Zagg tempered glass protecter: This year's version does not cover any of the bezel, so has to be perfectly aligned to cover the entire screen. Kind of creates a weird distortion at the edge, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

Reactions: bchapxtc

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
IMG_9558.jpeg

It’s here!

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
IMG_0761.jpeg
Blue 15PM in hand. Impressions: it’s notably lighter for sure. Additionally, the curved edges make it feel way better in hand. The blue is excellent looking. It shifts color a little bit depending on the light it’s in.

Phone is currently downloading the 17.0.2 update. It failed to move my number over (ATT) but I’m sure it’s just heavy network traffic and will work later today.

That’s it for now…

BellaPink112

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
iPhone 15 Pro, 512gb, Titanium Blue delivered and setup! This has been the easiest setup I have ever had. The transfer from my iPhone 13 Pro's SIM card to the eSim in the 15 Pro was seamless. It was done in a couple of minutes right at home and I even got an email from T-mobile letting me know of the transfer incase there was an issue. Considering in the past I had to go to the store to get setup I am amazed and very happy!
Agreed! It was indeed super easy for me, too!

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Hammer God

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
Mission accomplished. Picked up Titanium Blue Pro Max at my local Apple Store (only 3 miles away) this morning.

My original order went through at 5:05am on order day so I was able to pick the 8:15am-8:30am window. Store traffic was very manageable, surprisingly so. Not at all the crush and hordes I recall from pre-pandemic. I was out of there by 9:15am. (I did the setup in-store so I could be 100% sure when I let them erase my trade-in 13PM.)

First impressions (coming from 13PM):
- Yes, this phone is really light.
- Also feels, how should I say this... small. Several times today I've picked it up and thought, OMG, did I accidentally order the Pro and not the Max?
- I like the blue well enough. I knew I was going to keep it in a case for most part, so outer color didn't matter as much.
- Still not used to the screen being on all the time. That will take getting used to.

I returned the FW case and FW wallet I'd ordered. They made that easy. I had previously picked them up on Wednesday and looked at them off on and over the last two days. I tried to imagine how I'd feel if I'd kept them. I think if they'd been like $30 I would've kept them. $60 each? No. I ended up getting one of the silicon cases in the darker blue color. I'm happy with that.

For a wallet, I bought a brown leather one on eBay. New and never used. Includes "find my" feature. Got it for $22, so I'm happy with that. It arrives Monday-ish.

Hope everyone else who ordered and received their phone has a good and lucky experience today, especially if you live in lucky places like Las Vegas. Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this an interesting experience.

I leave this week feeling like I know waaaaay more about international shipping logistics than grads of 4-year supply chain programs. Haha.

Best to all.

NeoSe7en

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2017
View attachment 2276744 Blue 15PM in hand. Impressions: it’s notably lighter for sure. Additionally, the curved edges make it feel way better in hand. The blue is excellent looking. It shifts color a little bit depending on the light it’s in.

Phone is currently downloading the 17.0.2 update. It failed to move my number over (ATT) but I’m sure it’s just heavy network traffic and will work later today.

That’s it for now…
Let us know you’re able to do the transfer later. I’m holding off for now.

Reactions: DocG1914

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
I'm updating my iPhone 14 now to see if that will work. 17.0.1
This seemed to have worked. After updating my old iPhone 14 to 17.0.1, I ran the setup/transfer process again and about midway through on the iPhone 15 it asked to input the phone number and zip code to activate the eSIM.

Reactions: DocG1914

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Initial set up seemed fine , phone number transferred fine and was starting to finish setting up and it asked me to scan a second time the blue fuzzy thing. I did and it is now stuck this way for almost 30 minutes My old phone is on the right and that screen has not changed like it froze??
I take it I should continue to wait.
c26ad7413c6fffadc42686cb05b5d28a.jpg

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
UPS finally dropped mine off. 2-4 Window and of course he comes at 4😂
Now I can go get something to eat and look at getting this phone setup

Gotta say this shipping box is pretty cool..It pushes the iphone box out

• Love
Reactions: tunastink

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
still no iPhone due to not being able to activate on ATT in store. Another guy had the same issue. We were both pretty frustrated. Not sure what to do at this point. I put in the work to preorder last week but no phone.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Initial set up seemed fine , phone number transferred fine and was starting to finish setting up and it asked me to scan a second time the blue fuzzy thing. I did and it is now stuck this way for almost 30 minutes My old phone is on the right and that screen has not changed like it froze??

From what I have been reading, there has been a slewful of failed setups due to a setup bug in iOS 17. What ended up being required is the update to 17.0.2 first, then transfer everything over.

BL.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Did the new iPhone update to iOS 17.0.2 and then did the Quick Start procedure start over again?

Reactions: iPhoneuser2014

slojave

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
Apparently, UPS can’t find 1 of my 3 iPhone deliveries today. So it’s been a frustrating day for me so far. I’m still hoping they can find it. :)

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Then why would the new phone say Continue on Your Other iPhone???? That makes no sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.