Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
Initial set up seemed fine , phone number transferred fine and was starting to finish setting up and it asked me to scan a second time the blue fuzzy thing. I did and it is now stuck this way for almost 30 minutes My old phone is on the right and that screen has not changed like it froze??
I take it I should continue to wait.
c26ad7413c6fffadc42686cb05b5d28a.jpg
I would but in the interim can you verify if the screen is frozen?

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
The "follow my delivery" driver stalker option finally showed up, but I get an error every time I try to view it, so I guess my driver is un-stalkable this year. I guess it saves me the frustration of watching him make loopdees around and around my neighborhood all day without actually coming to my house.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
From what I have been reading, there has been a slewful of failed setups due to a setup bug in iOS 17. What ended up being required is the update to 17.0.2 first, then transfer everything over.

BL.
When I did the Quick Start procedure, I did things like bring over the wifi and phone number and stuff and then the procedure gave me the option to update the new iPhone to iOS 17.0.2 and then after it updated, the Quick Start procedure started over again and I was able to restore from an iCloud backup.

BabyFu18

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Georgia
thats actually good, people will be upset but better safe the sorry,my driver said the same thing about making people sign for the item, plus he said he had about 40 plus boxes of iphones in his truck to deliver ha.. all the same size
My guy dropped the boxes, knocked and was walking away as I opened my door. Never asked for a signature even as I said 'thanks!'. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My doorbell picked up my UPS driver putting my package on the table next to the door, by the time I got to the door he was already back in his truck, I haven’t been asked for sign for a UPS of FedEx package in years.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Let us know you’re able to do the transfer later. I’m holding off for now.
It worked. ATT just needed to have a verification code texted to my number. The first time through setup it didn’t ask for that. The second time it did. Now it’s spending about an hour of data transfer from the 14 to the 15. I usually do this over iCloud but I decided to do it phone to phone this time.

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
Just wanted to share a few photos of my beautiful new NaTi boy. Set up was relatively painless and my AW Ultra transferred over quickly. E-Sim for Verizon activated quickly and there were no issues there either.

Hope everyone who is still waiting gets their devices soon! Love you all and thank you so much for making this iPhone season so much fun ❤️❤️

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    522.3 KB · Views: 70

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Just wanted to take a moment and appreciate everyone here for the journey. Thank you for all the support and help. Until next time, adios ❤️ Shout out to @Wolfs and @whattodo11 ! You guys are the real MVPs!
View attachment 2276752
So happy for you getting your phone today. The real ones are @FlightLevel310, @tdar @Bananasaurus And especially @Theyayarealiving for creating this thread, getting all the logistics and flight info together, providing technical support and providing comic relief to keep the conversation going.

Enjoy the new iPhone!

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Hello - Just got home from a 2 hour drive from Santa Barbara. 15PM did arrive! I'll unbox and report back later - but I most likely will have the same result was you.

I do feel bad about how bad it seemed to blow up on the 15 case forum. The case quality, craftsmanship and their customer service has been 5 out of 5 for me...it's just that cutout.

Let me know what Leather case you find, please. I have a friend getting the Nomad Horween leather case, so we'll see how that works out. Hey though, you and your partner - Enjoy those new 15P/PMs!! Cheers!
I hope you enjoy your iPhone! You’ll love it being naked!! It is so stunning. I don’t think I would like to go caseless though.

I have totallee case coming today, so I will have that for the mean time to protect my iPhone. If I like it, I may keep it. We’ll see.
i’d love to hear your thoughts on Nomad leather case.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I am definitely good now,
I backed out of what was on my 14PM and suddenly the new phone started to update, now have a new screen with my name on it saying signing me into Apple. So I think it may now be working. We shall see.
Thanks Everyone!!
It is now transferring data, with 32 minutes remaining :) I knew it had done the update first but of course just had to be some strange thing to happen.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
UPS delivered my USB-C to 3.5mm adapter! The wait until 1:30p tomorrow for my next in-store pickup appointment is unbearable, I can't believe they opened several same-day appointments just after I placed my order.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: JBinPDX and Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Of course got closer less than mile now all over place to MY NE several miles and now promised by 7 PM which I am starting to doubt

View attachment 2276771
At least you have beer and brisket to console you. All I have is a Coke Zero and a single serving bag of Skinny Pop.
I need to be your neighbor!

I am surprised you haven't chased the truck down to get your phone off of it!
I’m old and tired 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.