Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
I had (still having) a weird experience with my pick-up. I picked up both orders, traded in the phone linked to my phone, and attempted to activate new phone. New iPhone won't activate. Apple rep called in and the T-Mobile rep on the phone (after numerous loops) said it was activated. Phone still wont activate. Waited in store and kept power cycling to see if it would active and tried going through cellular connection, but it wouldn't activate. Still won't activate. I've been on hold with T-Mobile now for 30+ minutes waiting to get this phone activated...

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I had (still having) a weird experience with my pick-up. I picked up both orders, traded in the phone linked to my phone, and attempted to activate new phone. New iPhone won't activate. Apple rep called in and the T-Mobile rep on the phone (after numerous loops) said it was activated. Phone still wont activate. Waited in store and kept power cycling to see if it would active and tried going through cellular connection, but it wouldn't activate. Still won't activate. I've been on hold with T-Mobile now for 30+ minutes waiting to get this phone activated...
Did you have some kind of SIM block or account takeover protection installed on your account?

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Waiting for UPS.

IMG_8112.jpeg

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014

Oh the convenience of eSIM! Who needs to fiddle with the 10 seconds it takes to move a small piece of plastic from one device to another when we have the fantastical experience and convenience of eSIM activation?

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
Did you have some kind of SIM block or account takeover protection installed on your account?
Not that I know of. T-Mo says it's activated and don't see any issues on their side (what the Apple rep on the phone with T-Mo told me). Apple says it's not the phone and is an issue with T-Mo.

Reactions: killawat

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022

Cavefishes

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2021
Damn I nearly had a heart attack - I authorized signature release on the UPS site and was out for a walk for 30 minutes, and UPS decided to deliver literally 5 minutes before I got home. They wouldn't leave it without a signature or somebody to sign for it, so they left it with one of my neighbors! I thought it got stolen before I properly read the "sorry we missed you" note on my door telling me Tom at unit 126 had my phone 😭

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Damn I nearly had a heart attack - I authorized signature release on the UPS site and was out for a walk for 30 minutes, and UPS decided to deliver literally 5 minutes before I got home. They wouldn't leave it without a signature or somebody to sign for it, so they left it with one of my neighbors! I thought it got stolen before I properly read the "sorry we missed you" note on my door telling me Tom at unit 126 had my phone 😭
They won't leave it but will give it to a stranger as long as they sign ?

JeffnotGeoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
Wow, this thread has really slowed down now that most have their phones and have peaced out. Who's still waiting for their UPS man to show up besides me?
🙋🏻‍♂️ mine has been rescheduled for 9/25 because it never left the last city it got scanned in 🙄 Not surprised, UPS has horrible service in my area. Always has. I wish they would give me the choice to have it shipped to me via FedEx. I would’ve had it today for sure

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
Original estimated delivery was 4:30PM. Now it’s 7Pm. The UPS was just driving around my neighborhood for the past few hours. It got as close as a few houses down.

• Wow
Reactions: ATX_wapiti

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
My iPhone, watch, and Airpods have been delivered! I get off work in 20 minutes and I get to go home and play with them. I'm so excited!
I got it all too! Left at front door. No knock. No doorbell. I put on screen protector and then a Case Mate case before touching my clean White Tiitanium with bare hands! Downloading software update now. Then I will transfer data from iCloud. Yippee! I like the braided cord too

Attachments

• IMG_2170.jpeg
    IMG_2170.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2171.jpeg
    IMG_2171.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2172.jpeg
    IMG_2172.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 50

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
So happy for you getting your phone today. The real ones are @FlightLevel310, @tdar @Bananasaurus And especially @Theyayarealiving for creating this thread, getting all the logistics and flight info together, providing technical support and providing comic relief to keep the conversation going.

Enjoy the new iPhone!
Have you received yours yet? Mine is somewhere in the neighborhood, but they're definitely gonna blow my 1-4PM window.

Reactions: ATX_wapiti
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.