Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Cavefishes

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2021
Out with the old, in with the new! Phone-phone transfer says it's going to take an hour (the 25 minute estimate was a LIE) so guess it's time to chill out and have some dinner. Good luck to all the peeps still waiting!
IMG_5193.JPEG

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I am surprised you haven't chased the truck down to get your phone off of it!
One other time I chased down a UPS truck, but it wasnā€™t for an iPhone. The truck was about a mile from my house, so I went to where the UPS app located the driver. The driver had gone, but the app still said the driver was in the same location. Shortly after, I got a message saying the package had been delivered. I ran back home, and there it was! šŸ˜‚

iLOLWUT

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Where is the AT&T working eSIM transfer page? I have spent hours trying to get this damn eSIM to transfer from my 14 Pro Max to the 15 Pro Max but it's failed over 20 times. I have issued new eSIMs through ATT and none would transfer from the 14 to the 15 :( Would really really appreciate any help here
It took me a good dozen attempts before it worked, so just keep trying. Maybe do a power cycle, but just keep trying and it'll activate eventually

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
One other time I chased down a UPS truck, but it wasnā€™t for an iPhone. The truck was about a mile from my house, so I went to where the UPS app located the driver. The driver had gone, but the app still said the driver was in the same location. Shortly after, I got a message saying the package had been delivered. I ran back home, and there it was! šŸ˜‚
Yeah, that map is pretty slow to update sometimes.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Where is the AT&T working eSIM transfer page? I have spent hours trying to get this damn eSIM to transfer from my 14 Pro Max to the 15 Pro Max but it's failed over 20 times. I have issued new eSIMs through ATT and none would transfer from the 14 to the 15 :( Would really really appreciate any help here
On support page go to BYOD ..

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Angry
Reactions: CarolG and Farfooz

Smartuser

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
I don't want to touch the AT&T site right now if I can avoid it, but if memory serves it worked by:

1. Signing in to my account.
2. Selecting the device that currently had the eSIM.
3. Selecting something along the lines of "transfer eSIM".
4. Then it showed several options, among them a link to a page where it could be done.
5. You need the IMEI of the new iPhone, and it'll take you through a few steps, including sending you a text with a code on the current phone.

Took like 90 seconds including waiting a few seconds for the activation of the new one.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
The website didnā€™t work so I had to call Att. It took 5 mins once I got an agent. All set up now!

• Angry
Reactions: CarolG

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I canā€™t believe how much lighter the 15 pro max feels than my 14 pro max. My favorite part so far!
I was going to maybe switch to pro after my heavy 14 pro max, but the 15 pro max feels so much lighterā€¦even just picking up from table no longer feels annoyingā€¦really is my fav part of the phone so far tooā€¦.I also have a pro unopened but contemplating just sticking with the max and returning the pro its that big of a difference.

Reactions: Wolfs and shr631

cybermistt

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø mine has been rescheduled for 9/25 because it never left the last city it got scanned in šŸ™„ Not surprised, UPS has horrible service in my area. Always has. I wish they would give me the choice to have it shipped to me via FedEx. I wouldā€™ve had it today for sure
The opposite for me.. fedex hasnā€™t been good here but ups, I can meet my driver and have his phone number

Reactions: JeffnotGeoff

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
After
Yes I am having the same problem. Iā€™m just doing everything else on Wi-Fi for now.
On your old iPhone, update to the latest update first, then setup/transfer. That seemed to have worked for me. During the process on the iPhone 15 it asked for my phone number and zip code. That seemed to have worked for me.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
And my phone and watch are here! Yay! It's more gray than I expected. But I like it a lot.

The UPS driver was smiling as he brought my packages to the door where I was waiting outside. I asked him if he was delivering to a lot of happy people today. He laughed and said it sure seemed so!

Attachments

• IMG_8116.jpeg
    IMG_8116.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 71

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
Re: Verizon activation:

To be honest I'm actually a little concerned with how easy it was for me on Verizon, eSIM to eSIM...

I ordered my 15PM unlocked, with no linkage to my Verizon account. So before I started the setup assistant just now, Verizon had no idea I'd be switching phones today.

Setup assistant got the new phone activated and the old phone deactivated with no issue, no phone calls, no texts, etc.

If I were an attacker, would it have been this easy? I think I have all the security options turned on in my Verizon account. Confused how Verizon verified the new phone was me.

Anyone else here have a similar experience? I mean, simple & seamless is great... I'm just like wait why can't anyone activate any phone to my number then, lol.

Maybe they integrate closely with Apple & can tell both phones are signed in to the same iCloud account & are in close physical proximity to each other? No idea.

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Re: Verizon activation:

To be honest I'm actually a little concerned with how easy it was for me on Verizon, eSIM to eSIM...

I ordered my 15PM unlocked, with no linkage to my Verizon account. So before I started the setup assistant just now, Verizon had no idea I'd be switching phones today.

Setup assistant got the new phone activated and the old phone deactivated with no issue, no phone calls, no texts, etc.

If I were an attacker, would it have been this easy? I think I have all the security options turned on in my Verizon account. Confused how Verizon verified the new phone was me.

Anyone else here have a similar experience? I mean, simple & seamless is great... I'm just like wait why can't anyone activate any phone to my number then, lol.

Maybe they integrate closely with Apple & can tell both phones are signed in to the same iCloud account & are in close physical proximity to each other? No idea.
0 issues as well activating and transferring eSim on Verizon as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.