Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

triscuitbiscuit

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
Why did Apple not allow to be delivered to Access Points??? Some of us can't be home all day to wait for UPS and the info notice said they cannot leave Apple Products. Like what am I supposed to do??? :mad:

Reactions: 5105973 and Rugburn

stormchasejg

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
East Preston, UK
After the flawless eSIM transfer experience of last year, my AT&T eSIM just wouldn't transfer, I tried it at least 20 times. The first time and then the occasionally later, it would show "activating..." for a minute or so and eventually fail. After that, it "knew" immediately that it's gonna fail.

The prospect of having to deal with AT&T support muted my excitement for a while.

Fortunately, it turned out that AT&T's website has a working eSIM transfer page. Still, this is inexcusable. Wonder who messed up. My guess would be that some AT&T website got overwhelmed with requests.
Strangely my eSim transfer has been easier for the sim that wasn't supposed to work but my T-Mobile Prepaid one won't transfer yet my EE UK one which said it can only activate & complete transfer when connected to its home network transferred flawlessly! Now I just have to wait for my phone to finish the transfer to see if I can sort my T-Mobile sim but that still has "about 1 hour remaining" so not sure how long that'll take!

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
After the flawless eSIM transfer experience of last year, my AT&T eSIM just wouldn't transfer, I tried it at least 20 times. The first time and then the occasionally later, it would show "activating..." for a minute or so and eventually fail. After that, it "knew" immediately that it's gonna fail.

The prospect of having to deal with AT&T support muted my excitement for a while.

Fortunately, it turned out that AT&T's website has a working eSIM transfer page. Still, this is inexcusable. Wonder who messed up. My guess would be that some AT&T website got overwhelmed with requests.

Having been with AT&T since the Cingular days, Iā€™d say the problem is with them, canā€™t wait to get on any other carrier.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Wondering the same. Woke up this morning and she was gone. I guess MacRumors After Dark went too far last night?
I donā€™t think so, because she was here most of the day. Lots of people are yeeted since late afternoon. Just gone. Iā€™m in here sporadically so Iā€™m not sure exactly what happened and weā€™re not allowed to go off topic discussing whatever it was.

Soā€¦anyway I was putting the screen protector on my daughterā€™s pink iPhone 15 and I have to say, itā€™s stunning. Iā€™m envious. The sun has gone down and Iā€™m in a fairly dark room and this pink just glows! If I donā€™t get along with my 15 Pro Max due to pwm sensitivity I may get myself this exact model!

The Titanium Blue is beautiful too. It almost looks black but even in very little light I can see the deep blue hue. Itā€™s exactly the kind of blue Iā€™ve been wanting for years!

repillows

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Houston, TX
d8fbb5ea4c8828161efed9e790372eab.jpg

I GOT IT! 4:54PM! 6 minutes before I leave for my flight! Itā€™s been a pleasure everybody!

lockhara

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2019
Went in store to pick up my iPhone but ran into an issue. When they tried to set up ā€œActivate laterā€ with Verizon it said invalid data and they called them but werenā€™t able to figure it out. Wasted 2 hours and left without my 15 Pro. Going to try again after work to see if the issue is resolved but Iā€™m pessimistic at this point.
Went back for a second time today to attempt to get my phone but same issue. They donā€™t know if it is an Apple iPhone upgrade program or Verizon issue but Iā€™m on the phone with Apple and may have to call Verizon to see if it can be fixed. If I cancel and reorder Iā€™ll have to wait weeks and who is to say the issue wonā€™t reoccur with that order. Definitely not happy wasting a couple hours today and driving back and forth to the Apple Store twice and still not getting my phone.

dadoc04

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
Jax & DMV
Re: Verizon activation:

To be honest I'm actually a little concerned with how easy it was for me on Verizon, eSIM to eSIM...

I ordered my 15PM unlocked, with no linkage to my Verizon account. So before I started the setup assistant just now, Verizon had no idea I'd be switching phones today.

Setup assistant got the new phone activated and the old phone deactivated with no issue, no phone calls, no texts, etc.

If I were an attacker, would it have been this easy? I think I have all the security options turned on in my Verizon account. Confused how Verizon verified the new phone was me.

Anyone else here have a similar experience? I mean, simple & seamless is great... I'm just like wait why can't anyone activate any phone to my number then, lol.

Maybe they integrate closely with Apple & can tell both phones are signed in to the same iCloud account & are in close physical proximity to each other? No idea.

Yup. Same experience. Very painless

but i do understand your concern on verizons end

Reactions: Surf Monkey

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Went back for a second time today to attempt to get my phone but same issue. They donā€™t know if it is an Apple iPhone upgrade program or Verizon issue but Iā€™m on the phone with Apple and may have to call Verizon to see if it can be fixed. If I cancel and reorder Iā€™ll have to wait weeks and who is to say the issue wonā€™t reoccur with that order. Definitely not happy wasting a couple hours today and driving back and forth to the Apple Store twice and still not getting my phone.
exactly this on att. might have to order from att and ship to home.

Reactions: lockhara
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.