Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ScoutTactics8

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2021
Just delivered a minute ago! Gonna grab some food and then set it up. 👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    607.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 59

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
After the flawless eSIM transfer experience of last year, my AT&T eSIM just wouldn't transfer, I tried it at least 20 times. The first time and then the occasionally later, it would show "activating..." for a minute or so and eventually fail. After that, it "knew" immediately that it's gonna fail.
Mine failed the first time, also. I skipped past that and the phone asked to update. After the update to 7.0.2, the transfer asked for my phone number and zip code, and the transfer completed first time with no problem.

Agreed it was not as easy as last year.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Mine failed the first time, also. I skipped past that and the phone asked to update. After the update to 7.0.2, the transfer asked for my phone number and zip code, and the transfer completed first time with no problem.

Exactly. Same experience with mine. I guess it must have been the update that added the correct screen in setup.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona

I had the exact same experience, also with AT&T. Second time was a charm.

Csp528

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, USA
I’m beginning to think my phone was either lost or stolen at the hub. It hasn’t been updated since the arrival scan at the hub at 1:27am. Tracking still shows “on the way” and that the delivery window shows 11:15am-3:15pm. I tried calling UPS customer service but they gave me the run around and basically said I needed to wait until it updated in the system.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

I had to call AT&T.

Reactions: JBinPDX

SuburbanPauper

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
IMG_5983.jpeg

My iPhone 15 Pro (Titanium Blue - 256 GB) arrived this afternoon around 1:30 PM! I’m so lucky that the UPS driver came back to attempt delivery a second time or else I would have had to wait until Monday. I’ve got everything all set up and finished on it - if there’s a case thread I’ll have to share a case picture later.

I also highly recommend the ESR and Torras screen protectors by the way. ESR has proven to be very reliable in terms of quality over the years, and Torras’ protector installation process is so easy that I have literally never had such a flawless install before on the first try.

Last edited:

A1423

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2023
The weigh of this thing is throwing me off.

Yeah. I have a bulkier case this time(UAG Monarch Pro vs Civilian) and it still feels lighter than my iPhone 13 Pro Max in the case. Not only that, without the case it feels like I got the wrong phone. I don’t understand how it was only a gram difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.