Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Lihkin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Got my 15 PM and had some issues transferring my number to the new device (I opted to get a device for any carrier). AT&T kept saying this could not be done online and I needed to call the carrier (which of course has tremendous wait times). I then thought that maybe my pending bill (on autopay) was the reason as there was the last month's outstanding balance. So I paid it off and voila - the number transferred. AT&T is so crazy to not just show a blurb saying pay the balance off (in any event, why does that even matter when I am staying with the same carrier and have auto pay enabled?).

Just an FYI for those that might face this issue. Pay the bill off and then try.

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
Got my 15 PM and had some issues transferring my number to the new device (I opted to get a device for any carrier). AT&T kept saying this could not be done online and I needed to call the carrier (which of course has tremendous wait times). I then thought that maybe my pending bill (on autopay) was the reason as there was the last month's outstanding balance. So I paid it off and voila - the number transferred. AT&T is so crazy to not just show a blurb saying pay the balance off (in any event, why does that even matter when I am staying with the same carrier and have auto pay enabled?).

Just and FYI for those that might face this issue. Pay the bill off and then try.

Verizon was absolutely flawless. Put in my Pin and transfer took 3 mins.

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Got my 15+, 15 pro max and ultra 2 around 11:45 am.

Driver was super helpful.

Then went to Apple Store to pick my wifeā€™s 15 pro max..

Was crowded but management was good.. in and out in 40 minutes after setting up new and trading in 14..
IMG_0744.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0735.jpeg
    IMG_0735.jpeg
    616.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 72

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
Everything good, just loading apps now.
Here it is in her new case.
I really like the white. Tomorrow husband and I will get gutsy and fight the crowds to go to the Apple Store to get a good look at the other colors as well as the other new products like FineWoven. I want to see in person.
80bb0f5114f0c5d1da82f311d3c9dd46.jpg

c189e17c0709f19c5505ce79cff1f25a.jpg
I love my Case-Mate cases with bling but Ilove your floral one too! What brand of case is that? Beautiful!!! So glad I got the White Titanium also!

• Love
Reactions: laffnvegas

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Got my 15+, 15 pro max and ultra 2 around 11:45 am.

Driver was super helpful.

Then went to Apple Store to pick my wifeā€™s 15 pro max..

Was crowded but management was good.. in and out in 40 minutes after setting up new and trading in 14.. View attachment 2277224
Okay people in shorts and then a guy with a hooded parka? Iā€˜d be worried about a take over! :eek:

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I love my Case-Mate cases with bling but Ilove your floral one too! What brand of case is that? Beautiful!!! So glad I got the White Titanium also!
My wife got the white titanium 15 Pro. It looks cool, but not as cool as my Natty Ti šŸ˜‰

She only uses clear cases, so I got her this one from Amazon. It appears to be a Tech21 knockoff, but itā€™s very solid and fits perfectly.

Limited-time deal: TORRAS Shockproof Magnetic for iPhone 15 Pro Case Clear, Compatible with MagSafe, 12FT MIL-Grade Drop Protection, Non Yellowing, Anti-Slip Cover for iPhone 15 Pro Phone Case 6.1 2023, Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBCR4ZS1?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_7A2PD80PV7N2VAVV07XT

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
View attachment 2276744 Blue 15PM in hand. Impressions: itā€™s notably lighter for sure. Additionally, the curved edges make it feel way better in hand. The blue is excellent looking. It shifts color a little bit depending on the light itā€™s in.

Phone is currently downloading the 17.0.2 update. It failed to move my number over (ATT) but Iā€™m sure itā€™s just heavy network traffic and will work later today.

Thatā€™s it for nowā€¦
I gotta say that phone looks a bit big for your trusted side kick to be using. I would have gotten him the 13 mini.

Woodstockie

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2015
NY
Received my Pro Max Blue today via UPS. Luckily I read on MR to update to 17.0.2 before transferring from ā€™oldā€™ phone to the 15. Everything went flawless. Only minor thing is that I used an app that I canā€™t download anymore from the store. Makes you miss the old iTunes option to load apps from there. So far, happy to make the upgrade from a Xs Max.

dsteve

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
Nah itā€™s like voting, I made it inside the store before 8 so it was all good
Good to hear, I knew once youā€™re in line youā€™re good becauseā€¦

I remember when the 3G came out, I happened to be at the mall that day and saw the line went all the way outside. So I went to see how far it wentā€¦pretty far!

I said something to the Apple guy at the end of the line, and he just said, ā€œlines closedā€ and I walked away since I wasn't planning to get it.

Some guy leaving the mall with a new iPhone saw me and said, ā€œhe kick you out? Here, take this, just walk right in, skip the lineā€œ and handed me some kind of AT&T VIP ticket.

Iā€™m like, seriously? Do I actually want to buy one today?

So anyway, thatā€™s how I ended up with my first iPhone. :)

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
OK, all set up now! Setting up cards later was definitely key. Do note that if you're using something like Microsoft Authenticator or RSA Authenticate, that some accounts will need new QR code setups. My eSIM transfer problem appears to have been what I speculated before - it was already transferred.

On to some pics! I have a Spigen protector on, installed easily.

IMG_1423.png
IMG_1425.png
IMG_1422.png

My only criticism thus far is the cutouts - they are trying to preserve space for the USB cutout, and the edge hugs a speaker grille hole on each side. Still works well though:

IMG_1424.png

Cheers for now, all!

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
The Aoole employee who helped trade in old device said that all pro maxes for the day were gone around 1:30 pm and there was a long line for walk-in folks ! Pro max is huge hit this year

I am yet to set my Uw2 and 15 pm

Reactions: CarolG

rolandkoller90

macrumors member
May 2, 2017

Just an FYI for those that might face this issue. Pay the bill off and then try.
So I ran into this as well. Iā€™m still paying off a 13 pro. Bought my 14 pro last year unlocked and had zero issues activating. Today with the 15PM the att guy is telling me I need to pay the balance of my 13 pro. I refused. I paid for my 15PM in full. Needless to say they activated my phone. Att trying to be sneaky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.