Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I'm liking the lighter weight of the iPhone 15 because of the titanium case. I pulled out my wife's food scale just to compare. Although it is just about 20g lighter, it feels much lighter than that.

#iphone15 #titanium #weightcompare

iphone-weight-side-by-side-small.jpg

dsteve

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
Almost 6pm on the west coast, I guess ups thinks it’s ok to not deliver today, never using them again, total garbage.
They’re doing what the can, I’m sure. It happens. Is yours marked as out for delivery? If so, i think you can relax like the other person said.

My eta was before 15min ago and hasn’t been put on a truck yet, so I’m a bit more worried, but who knows, maybe it’ll be here tonight.

Reactions: redbeard331

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I'm home!

Been reading about all the issues people have been experiencing with getting their new iPhone 15 up and running.

I'm currently backing up my iPhone 14 Pro Max to my MacBook and will archive it incase I have any issues.

Here goes nothing!

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Agree about the shipping box! When the inner phone box slid toward me I just cracked up. “Oh, Apple…” this is (one reason) why I love them. Always looking for a better way to do things.
Yeah that totally caught me by surprise. I just upgrade from an X to the 15 PM.
Went pretty smooth other than I had to call FirstNet since it couldn't get it to do a phone number transfer.

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
They’re doing what the can, I’m sure. It happens. Is yours marked as out for delivery? If so, i think you can relax like the other person said.

My eta was before 15min ago and hasn’t been put on a truck yet, so I’m a bit more worried, but who knows, maybe it’ll be here tonight.
My driver said he had 40 more shipments than normal. So, 5 minutes each cause signatures required, over 3 hours longer day. Exactly how much later they usually reach my house.

I gave him a cold bottled water and he was happy and started swigging on the steps.

lexlevi

macrumors member
May 4, 2015
6:30PM here in Tucson. Waited for UPS all day… still nothing. Is it me or did Apple opt/pay for earlier delivery in previous years?

Either way, still happy to be getting my 512 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium at some point. Returning the black FineWoven case & wallet, opting instead for the Bellroy Mod Case + Wallet.

sppunk

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Wife has 9,369 and 1,362 videos and it only took an hour or so for the new 15 pro to download them all plus her apps. Not bad at all! The AT&T transition to esim wasn’t too bad - went to the BYOD page and entered the EMIE # and it was nearly instant.

Last edited:

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
Victoria Garden took 1.25 hour..
Irvine Spectrum got pretty crazy. I arrived at 12 for my 12:15 pick-up. I was the 6th person in line for pick-up orders. I got checked in for my 12:15 order but was told I'd have to go back out and wait for my 1pm pick-up (my wife's phone). When I was the 3rd person in line, the line wrapped around the building and had to have had at least 100 people. When I got in I was again told I'd have to wait in the long line for my second order. When the Apple rep brought my phone out, he asked for the order number from my second phone and helped me get that taken care of (he heard the line got even longer...). SO glad he helped me out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.