Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Csp528

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, USA
IMG_4144.jpeg
So after no movement all day and not receiving my phone today this is the update I get. Itā€™s now rescheduled for delivery tomorrow but we are under a tropical storm warning so I probably wonā€™t get it until Monday or Tuesday. I also donā€™t understand why itā€™s updated as being in Louisville again.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
@sawah and hopefully, most importantly, all went well with the colonoscopy.
You guys are wonderful. Everything went well. Delivery is going to be tomorrow!! I expect apple must not like delays with launch day deliveries. I expected to have to wait until Monday.
I appreciate all that you and @Theyayarealiving do here! And everyone else! Itā€™s my favorite thing to do while waiting for my phone every year.

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
Never ordering a phone for delivery again. View attachment 2277315

they just made some dumb local delivery restriction excuse that doesnā€™t exist and never has. The last time this happened, last year actually, my phone ended up being marked as stolen by the driver.
Last year my phone got lost during delivery. I ended up driving to the UPS CC later in the evening. Learned that they opened for appointments at 7-8pm. I decided to just go even though my tracking had no info about it being ready. They had a small line of people with a line that said "iPhones". I waited in line and they got my info. They searched and looked for about an hour and came out with my phone! Ended up not being in the warehouse (like I was told...) and was on another truck. This new truck helped out the original truck out with some packages and accidentally took mine. He apparently did the same with other packages as well so 3 others got their phones as soon as he pulled into their loading bay. After this headache, I decided to do in-store pick-up this year. Everything went smoothly minus the activation issue I had.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
The only Apple Store near me is 1.5 hrs away.. they have some in stock but thatā€™s a drive I donā€™t want to make at the moment. My ship window is 10/9 to 10/16 šŸ˜©
Sometimes you have to make tough decisions. 1.5 hours in both directions is still faster than 10/9-10/16. How bad do you want that iPhone now vs later?

A1423

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2023
Never ordering a phone for delivery again. View attachment 2277315

they just made some dumb local delivery restriction excuse that doesnā€™t exist and never has. The last time this happened, last year actually, my phone ended up being marked as stolen by the driver.

I never really understood this kind of thing. Whether it was actually stolen, or the driver stole it. The shipper knows the devices info. They just make it an expensive paper weight. I guess they could sell it to a stupid person who doesnā€™t check the phone before purchasing if FTF.

Reactions: cybermistt

cybermistt

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Last year my phone got lost during delivery. I ended up driving to the UPS CC later in the evening. Learned that they opened for appointments at 7-8pm. I decided to just go even though my tracking had no info about it being ready. They had a small line of people with a line that said "iPhones". I waited in line and they got my info. They searched and looked for about an hour and came out with my phone! Ended up not being in the warehouse (like I was told...) and was on another truck. This new truck helped out the original truck out with some packages and accidentally took mine. He apparently did the same with other packages as well so 3 others got their phones as soon as he pulled into their loading bay. After this headache, I decided to do in-store pick-up this year. Everything went smoothly minus the activation issue I had.
Sadly att doesnā€™t allow for pickup or anything.

Reactions: t1m1t

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Wow, didnā€™t realize that there were so many issues activating today. Verizon went smoothly. I transferred data from old to new this year because it took over 2 hours for iCloud restore last year. I didnā€™t have time or the patience for that.

I had a problem signing into my Apple ID from my Apple Watch initially, but once I restarted the 15PM, I was good to go. Paired to the SUV and CarPlay is good. Last task is to upgrade WatchOS which has been delayed since Iā€™m constantly using my phone at the moment.

cybermistt

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Oh well, bad day today but at least I can relax and not worry about missing the delivery driver for a few days.. no weekend attempts but maybe Iā€™ll have better luck next week. :/ gonna watch a movie tonight and relax. Enjoy your phones everyone! Has anyone posted pics of their blue titanium phone? Would love to see them if not.

And at least UPS delivered my watch band, the new Nike blue flame band is so much more comfortable than the silicone band the Apple Watch SE came with. Looks better too.

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
They will deliver up until 8 or 9pm. That's not garbage there is still plenty of time to get your phone.
Agreed not garbage and I'd never blame the drivers but things have deteriorated since Covid. I absolutely don't trust UPS to deliver on the date specified anymore (my launch date iPhone last year is an example). I love following everybody and getting excited with them but I pick up in the store when I want something on launch day. I understand that that is not possible for most. It is now past 7pm here and my watch is still circling the neighborhood and I'm within walking distance of Tim Cook's home (at least his home at one time). I'm fine with watch being delayed but if I really cared I'd not rely on ups/fedex/whomever.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I love my Case-Mate cases with bling but Ilove your floral one too! What brand of case is that? Beautiful!!! So glad I got the White Titanium also!
Thanks, I really like the case with the white. This was it from Amazon. The brand is Keluoas

Clevans

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
I had mine delivered to me at work, a coworker started shouting for me when the UPS driver got there lol the driver said they didnā€™t know they were getting iPhones to deliver today and their boss said they could deliver tomorrow too. So it sounds like UPS sometimes makes their own decisions about delivery

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
I had mine delivered to me at work, a coworker started shouting for me when the UPS driver got there lol the driver said they didnā€™t know they were getting iPhones to deliver today and their boss said they could deliver tomorrow too. So it sounds like UPS sometimes makes their own decisions about delivery
Much of UPS are franchises that are under contract with UPS and they have a bit of leeway in their operations and decisions.

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020
First, congrats on everyone on getting their new phones today, and condolences to those who got delayed.

UPS came to my door, rang my doorbell, did not wait, put a sign on the door and left. As he was walking away my mom answered and he ignored her. Didnā€™t even stop on his way to the truck and just drove off. I called UPS and asked if I could pick up and they said I had to contact Apple, and Apple said they would request the hold within two days. UPS refused to deliver till Tuesday.

So, I pulled up the Apple Store and was able to get the exact color I wanted and picked it up today, and will be returning the other iPhone once it gets delivered, eventually.

The Apple Store representatives were incredibly polite, got me in and out quickly, despite having a line.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I knew better than to try a phone to phone transfer over wireless. 15-20 minutesā€¦yeah, right. Itā€™s estimating 6 hours. Time to do over and choose iCloud.

Reactions: CarolG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.