Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Irvine Spectrum got pretty crazy. I arrived at 12 for my 12:15 pick-up. I was the 6th person in line for pick-up orders. I got checked in for my 12:15 order but was told I'd have to go back out and wait for my 1pm pick-up (my wife's phone). When I was the 3rd person in line, the line wrapped around the building and had to have had at least 100 people. When I got in I was again told I'd have to wait in the long line for my second order. When the Apple rep brought my phone out, he asked for the order number from my second phone and helped me get that taken care of (he heard the line got even longer...). SO glad he helped me out!

Took the train into NYC for a concert tonight and visited the Grand Central store to grab a fine woven wallet… holy $h!t. An absolute zoo.

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
IMG_4201.jpeg

Getting my phone from the Apple Store in person for the fun time was a unique experience, but I think I’ll just do UPS pickup next year.

Bonus: here is the mister’s 15 Plus:

IMG_0006.jpeg

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
OK, all set up now! Setting up cards later was definitely key. Do note that if you're using something like Microsoft Authenticator or RSA Authenticate, that some accounts will need new QR code setups. My eSIM transfer problem appears to have been what I speculated before - it was already transferred.

On to some pics! I have a Spigen protector on, installed easily.

View attachment 2277238 View attachment 2277239 View attachment 2277244

My only criticism thus far is the cutouts - they are trying to preserve space for the USB cutout, and the edge hugs a speaker grille hole on each side. Still works well though:

View attachment 2277249

Cheers for now, all!
You need more cutout space for accessories. Imagine if you plugged a USB-C flash drive in, that can be pretty wide around the connector.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I hope everyone is enjoying their new iPhones! I adore mine! 🥰 This has been an interesting year with Apple not allowing hold for pickup, but otherwise shipments moved quickly. Maybe next year in-store will be the option to select instead.

Yay, I hope you received your delivery of your iPhones and other Apple goodies. Thanks again for hosting this thread.

For those who have deliveries in the next week, I hope they travel safely and reach you soon!

For those who have some weeks ahead, keep checking store inventory. Devices will start showing in stock early mornings. This weekend will be difficult for the most popular models, but stock refresh will happen after the weekend. Just keep checking. That’s how I got the 6+ in a week when it was back ordered for 2 months. Don’t give up. ✨💖✨

Last edited:

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
The only way it could’ve ended. You put in an all day effort lol! Congrats!!
Thank you! 😭

Yes, woke up an hour earlier, spent 109 minutes on the phone with Apple, visited 2 stores, placed an order and cancelled two others, got gaslighted by multiple Apple staff, and spent an hour and 40 minutes driving to and from the Apple stores, but I now have my first Max phone in hand. There were mistakes made by me, Apple, and most consequently T-Mobile and hopefully all parties will learn something from this. 😜

Going to the store a day early was definitely risky, but I didn't want to spend another night thinking/fretting about my new phone. It's crazy what lengths we will go to for a free phone. But we use our phones all day, every day, and it's important to me to have the best experience with mine 😊

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
It over all was a good day for me, one little glitch with set up but fixed quickly. I had to laugh I have two Apple Watches first my Gold Stainless on the charger started to ring then had a message stating would you like to pair with your new iPhone. Then after that finished and about 5 minutes later my other watch rang while on my wrist asking the same thing. 😂
We were to an early dinner and afterwards decided to brave the crowds and go to the Apple store at Town Square here in Vegas and to my shock no one in line and while it was busy was not nearly as busy as I have seen in past years. They were telling everyone they were out of all the 14 phones but had plenty of watches and other Apple products. I did want to check out the new watch bands, the FineWoven products and the colors of the phones.
My take away, I am thrilled I got the White PM love the color, I had considered the Blue but in seeing it I told my husband it would have been the purple all over again from last year. I truthfully was very disappointed in last years purple pm. I was not the least bit impressed with any of the new watch bands nor was I impressed with the FineWoven cases. I did like the color of the 15 pink phone and they really should have offered that in the Pro but maybe a shade or two darker pink. I like the new pink watch as well but would not wear it that much so not worth spending the money.

I want to thank everyone for the FUN participation and lots of great information.
And as Always Thanks so much to @TheYayAreaLiving. I believe this is my 3rd or 4th year participating and love all the fun we have for 11 days in September. 🥰🥰🥰

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Sorry but no not really. Apple paid for the shipping so their agreement with UPS overrides your request.

Dav

Sorry but yes. If they didn’t want us to authorize the release, then the option shouldn’t be there, just like the option for CC or UPS store pickup was not there.

dolphin2421

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2015
Carmel, CA
I was really on the fence between the 15 Pro and Pro Max - and went with the Max. SO GLAD. For me, this phone finally hits the sweet spot between feel in the hand, weight and screen size. I love it! Still waiting for everything to download so I can’t determine overall performance, but from an initial perspective, I am delighted. And the setup process is even better this year because I didn’t have to unpair - repair my watch! YAY!

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Your phone will be fine. Your guard dog is on the case!
Yeah-he’s such a guard dog.🙄 He’d protect it by trying to get the thief to play.

Just wiped my 14PM. Good bye deep purple! Can't say I'm bummed. The 15PM feels and looks so much better! Very glad I went with White this year.
Co-sign this 100%-ok 99% because I went with blue 💙

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.