Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Got everything all set up and running on my 15 PM. I got the Black Titanium 512 GB model. I love how light it is. I was able to activate the phone without problem, updated the phone, then transferred everything from the old phone via QuickStart. That took about 45 min. Will definitely be using the action button for mute/ringer. Haven't really played around with the camera or anything yet. Hope everyone is enjoying their phones! What do y'all think so far?

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
All done...both my wife's and my new 15 Pro Maxes are setup. Hers is White, mine Blue. Loving them...setup was the easiest yet. Now to just enjoy them. Do not have my return kits as of yet...anyone get theirs, and what's the expected turnaround time to get the kits?

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
The store was crazy tonight for pick up - but live from Apple Century City in Los Angeles, the 15 Pro Max natural titanium is mine!

IMG_7954.jpeg

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Got it! I love the blue one I got, usually a black Pro Max buyer. My wife got the white one. Setup took about 3 hours, just got done and a good back up done. Did you receive yours?
I love my blue also! So glad I got it. Mr Wolfs got black. The colors are all great. Hopefully you all were able to find a 5w green dot charger in your junk drawer to charge them with, or at least a rogue hamster.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Now all you need is a hamster 🐹 😉

Which cable are you using out of curiosity

Lol I had an old Anker cable laying around USB A to USB C.... I forgot what I bought it for originally. all i know is that it was a loooong time ago, the design even looks different now.

Reactions: SpecB

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I love my blue also! So glad I got it. Mr Wolfs got black. The colors are all great. Hopefully you all were able to find a 5w green dot charger in your junk drawer to charge them with, or at least a rogue hamster.
I got black too, first time I’ve ever had a black iPhone. I do wish I got blue I think but the black still looks really nice!

Reactions: 5105973 and CarolG

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Mine was crazy too but the line moved pretty fast.
The line did not move fast at all, they were letting batches of maybe 5 people into the store at a time, and I had no visibility inside the store so I really thought once we got in, that was it. I think I did mention the other Apple Store I went to this afternoon, that one had one line for pickup and one line for walk-ins. And that store had much shorter lines, there were about 40-50 people standing in front of me when I suddenly got called and I had to duck under the tape and run to the front of the store because the Apple Store employees were getting annoyed

• Wow
Reactions: caoimhe and CarolG

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Okay unfortunately I have to get to bed. I’ve got to get up early and make breakfast for everyone. We’ve got some kids staying over.

I’m really upset that I wasn’t able to monitor all the incoming phones in real time. Unfortunately there’s a storm front coming in that was giving me a headache. I’ll catch up the rest of this weekend after it passes. lol I will test my compatibility with my new phone display that way.

Much gratitude to all who gave cheer and support on this thread.

A special shout out to “Yay and the Yeeted.” I am giving y’all a cute garage band name so I won’t be so blasted emotional. This journey would not have been the same without you guys and gals of all the Waves from China.

I’ll be back to catch up on the posts I missed.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
Here's my experience about today's delivery.

I'll try to be short but let me be frank with you, everything that follows is 100% accurate, I'm not adding any fantasy details to the story.

I came back from work around 2pm today, UPS delivers late afternoon in my area so I knew that it would be ok to be home around that time.
I waited around one hour minding my own business at home, checking every now and then the UPS app to make sure the truck was in my area. It was, but still not "almost there" so I decided to have a much deserved quick shower after today's struggling at work.

I headed towards the bathroom upstairs, prepped and started showering, everything was great. While I was performing my daily watering routine I didn't pay attention to what sounded like my doorbell. Can't be. It was....
I heard it again and I basically woke up from relaxation. I turned off the water and after 5 seconds I clearly heard a knocking on the door.
"S***, I'm coooooooooming", rushing out of the shower, making a mess with water and grabbing a towel, actually a very small towel, and running out of the bathroom to the door.
When I finally reached the door, there was the infamous "UPS Notice of Sudden Death" sticked on my door. "Sorry we missed you..." ARGHHHHH

I was in disbelief...

"WHAT?!?!"

(I said that like the famous "KEVIN" from Home Alone)

Anyway, without thinking too much about it, I grabbed that notice, rushed out the door with this small towel covering me partially, the truck was still there, but a couple houses ahead. I started running like crazy yelling "WAIIIIIIT" and eventually made it to the truck with the delivery guy coming back from another house.

He looked shocked, I know I was too but I couldn't care less, trying to cover myself as best as I could.

He knew what was supposed to be delivered today, without saying a word he presented the device, I signed, thanked him and returned to my house pretending nothing happened.

And also police didn't come visit me so no harm done I think (and I know the delivery guy will go to bed happy tonight!)

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Here's my experience about today's delivery.

I'll try to be short but let me be frank with you, everything that follows is 100% accurate, I'm not adding any fantasy details to the story.

I came back from work around 2pm today, UPS delivers late afternoon in my area so I knew that it would be ok to be home around that time.
I waited around one hour minding my own business at home, checking every now and then the UPS app to make sure the truck was in my area. It was, but still not "almost there" so I decided to have a much deserved quick shower after today's struggling at work.

I headed towards the bathroom upstairs, prepped and started showering, everything was great. While I was performing my daily watering routine I didn't pay attention to what sounded like my doorbell. Can't be. It was....
I heard it again and I basically woke up from relaxation. I turned off the water and after 5 seconds I clearly heard a knocking on the door.
"S***, I'm coooooooooming", rushing out of the shower, making a mess with water and grabbing a towel, actually a very small towel, and running out of the bathroom to the door.
When I finally reached the door, there was the infamous "UPS Notice of Sudden Death" sticked on my door. "Sorry we missed you..." ARGHHHHH

I was in disbelief...

"WHAT?!?!"

(I said that like the famous "KEVIN" from Home Alone)

Anyway, without thinking too much about it, I grabbed that notice, rushed out the door with this small towel covering me partially, the truck was still there, but a couple houses ahead. I started running like crazy yelling "WAIIIIIIT" and eventually made it to the truck with the delivery guy coming back from another house.

He looked shocked, I know I was too but I couldn't care less, trying to cover myself as best as I could.

He knew what was supposed to be delivered today, without saying a word he presented the device, I signed, thanked him and returned to my house pretending nothing happened.

And also, police didn't come visit me so no harm done I think (and I know the delivery guy will go to be happy tonight!)
I got a kick out of that story! Glad you got your phone! I'm sure the UPS driver was stunned 😂

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Oh thank goodness. I’m actually pages and pages behind, but I decided to click on your name to see if your pink phone ever got here! Congratulations!

If this blue phone doesn’t work out for me, that there pink phone is my next purchase! I’m dreading having to turn the one sitting here in front of me over to my daughter! It’s so gorgeous. It’s definitely up there with the 12 mini’s purple and the 11 Mint green for my favorite light colors.

Yes it’s seriously beautiful and my favorite phone since my rose gold 7 plus I think it was. I haven’t been able to take a good picture of it yet because it’s dark lol going to grab one tomorrow.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
@hungryteresa Did you get your order delivered yet?
Yes! It actually arrived hours earlier (1:40pm ET) so after my last meeting I went home to set it up. I ran into the AT&T transfer phone number issue. I guess this was happening to other people too. I forgot to check Macrumors. There was already a workaround. Finally got my iPhone to work when I got back from dinner with friends. What a crazy night not having any service on two iPhones. 🤣

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Yes! It actually arrived hours earlier (1:40pm ET) so after my last meeting I went home to set it up. I ran into the AT&T transfer phone number issue. I guess this was happening to other people too. I forgot to check Macrumors. There was already a workaround. Finally got my iPhone to work when I got back from dinner with friends. What a crazy night not having any service on two iPhones. 🤣

Glad to hear it, I was wondering why I didn't see you on the thread for most of the day. I was worried about potential activation issues but mine activated just fine.

dadkins

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2023
Just wiped my 14PM. Good bye deep purple! Can't say I'm bummed. The 15PM feels and looks so much better! Very glad I went with White this year.
I did the same thing. Went from the 14PM deep purple to a 15PM in White. The deep purple to me was always TOO deep where it almost looked grey/black. I was going to go white last year and went deep purple at the last minute. Glad I went with white this year! I think it looks so much better.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Ah 🤬

Am I the first one here to try and plug the 🤬 cable into the USB-C port to charge?

Worse, I tried that with my daughter’s phone. Fortunately no harm done. I wasn’t trying to force it in there. I have Android phones I know not to jam the plugs into the ports in case I grabbed the wrong wire in the dark.

But yeah, I have become the joke that someone on MR predicted. 🙄 I forgot to replace the lightning cables with the new ones on my charging bricks.

I better get some sleep!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.