Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I was totally doing the same thing.

i wish you did too. 😕

I bet the delivery notice was generated in KY, but the iPhone is in MN

How are you feeling?
I feel really normal actually! Only one polyp and some diverticulosis which sounds pretty normal. Nothing to tell me what this pain under my rib is but I think we’ve come to the conclusion it’s a muscle tear of some sort.
Thank you all for caring <3

Looking forward to stalking my UPS truck tomorrow!

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Okay unfortunately I have to get to bed. I’ve got to get up early and make breakfast for everyone. We’ve got some kids staying over.

I’m really upset that I wasn’t able to monitor all the incoming phones in real time. Unfortunately there’s a storm front coming in that was giving me a headache. I’ll catch up the rest of this weekend after it passes. lol I will test my compatibility with my new phone display that way.

Much gratitude to all who gave cheer and support on this thread.

A special shout out to “Yay and the Yeeted.” I am giving y’all a cute garage band name so I won’t be so blasted emotional. This journey would not have been the same without you guys and gals of all the Waves from China.

I’ll be back to catch up on the posts I missed.
OMG the best moniker ever 😂😂😂 I’m hopeful the new iPhone will work for you. Keep us posted!

Used to have a Collie. He was the sweetest dude. Gorgeous baby you got there.
Thank you so much. He is our 3rd collie. Just a super sweet Velcro dog. He picked us and from day one he has just been a lover.

Other things from today-iPhone Santa made me sign for the iPhones. We have iUP with T-Mobile. Set up-had some issues getting the 2 phones to acknowledge each other. Multiple restarts, same with the camera scan, but once the data transfer started it was quick and painless. No issues with eSIM transfer at all, and got my CO license back in my wallet super fast.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I feel really normal actually! Only one polyp and some diverticulosis which sounds pretty normal. Nothing to tell me what this pain under my rib is but I think we’ve come to the conclusion it’s a muscle tear of some sort.

Great news. I remember after mine feeling so light and healthy. Starving, but didn’t want to eat 😂 So glad you are doing well and hopefully your rib pain dissipates soon.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
Got home from work at 6:30. When I got there and out of my work uniform, I immediately got to installing the screen protector (Spigen Glass TR) and getting my data transferred over from the SE 3. After the 17.0.2 update, the Verizon eSIM transferred immediately and it was good to go in about 30 minutes!

For the Action Button, John Gruber posted a shortcut called “Action Jackson” and it’s perfect for what I think I want.

All in all, I’m having a great time with the 15 Pro!

52bed1569acaf2116f16d9842dcef9d8.jpg
where did he post it?

• Wow
Reactions: sawah and AndrewR23

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Great news. I remember after mine feeling so light and healthy. Starving, but didn’t want to eat 😂 So glad you are doing well and hopefully your rib pain dissipates soon.
I’ll admit feeling that way for a minute before shoving a blt sub in my face and entirely too much food today! Back to eating better tomorrow but man was it like the best food I ever ate!!

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
I've got the blue too, and it looks nice...we'll see how it goes over time
Indeed.
I’m sure the velvety feel will probably wear down, and I may not get the worn mag-ring look cause I hardly ever use that, unless i need a full charge quicker.
I tend to mostly charge overnight slowly.

But I’ll give this case a fair shot. I tend to not put it in the same pocket as keys, 🔑, so as you’ve said, we’ll see.
I got a good chuckle over your delivery story. :)

Reactions: CarolG

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
As I headed out after mine, their last word of advice was - don't sign any contracts. Of course I completely disregarded that; I'd never felt better in my life. Decided to connect with a few associates on business calls that afternoon. They later told me they'd never had such strange conversations with anyone. Good thing I didn't handle any contracts for a few days. Take care!

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I’m reading that the Quick Start setup will allow someone to convert a SIM to eSIM.

View attachment 2277623
So, we shouldn't have to convert her physical SIM to an eSIM on her old phone? Is that how I'm understanding it? My plan was to create an iCloud backup of her old iPhone, make sure it's at least updated to iOS 17.0. Turn that iPhone off, turn on the new one, get it activated and updated to iOS 17.0.2. Then, hopefully, be able to use QuickStart to get everything moved over. Did I miss anything?

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
After the flawless eSIM transfer experience of last year, my AT&T eSIM just wouldn't transfer, I tried it at least 20 times. The first time and then the occasionally later, it would show "activating..." for a minute or so and eventually fail. After that, it "knew" immediately that it's gonna fail.

The prospect of having to deal with AT&T support muted my excitement for a while.

Fortunately, it turned out that AT&T's website has a working eSIM transfer page. Still, this is inexcusable. Wonder who messed up. My guess would be that some AT&T website got overwhelmed with requests.
I had the same issues with AT&T and ended up going to the carrier store. They manually deactivated my 12 Pro and then activated my 15 Pro.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
So, we shouldn't have to convert her physical SIM to an eSIM on her old phone? Is that how I'm understanding it? My plan was to create an iCloud backup of her old iPhone, make sure it's at least updated to iOS 17.0. Turn that iPhone off, turn on the new one, get it activated and updated to iOS 17.0.2. Then, hopefully, be able to use QuickStart to get everything moved over. Did I miss anything?
I think you don’t even need to turn the old iPhone off? Definitely back up the old iPhone with iOS 17. I upgraded from an eSIM 14 Pro to the 15 pro so I was surprised about the issue I was having with transferring my phone number (eSIM to eSIM). Seems like the is was a specific AT&T issue. My fiancé converted from an iPhone 12 Pro (physical sim) to the 15 Pro after me and had no issues with AT&T. I just remembered he also used the Quick Start. All I had him do was an iCloud backup. I think you should try and see what happens! Sending you good vibes.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Glad to hear it, I was wondering why I didn't see you on the thread for most of the day. I was worried about potential activation issues but mine activated just fine.
I know! My friends felt so bad for me because I’m the apple fan girl of the group. 😅 Glad everything is sorted out now. I was going to go to the AT&T store tomorrow if I couldn’t get it fixed myself! 😩

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
It does, but what baffles me is if it's vital, why is it an option and not a requirement?

Curious - did you just have a colonoscopy?

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
My phone just bumped up from October 4-9 this morning. Email from apple says September 29th - Friday. But, when I check the shipping info on UPS, it says September 25th, Monday. The shipping info says it was “released by the local governemnt” this morning and “on its way”, now.

Seeing how I need to be here to sign for the package, what am I supposed to expect? Monday? Friday? Something in between?

Monday seems fast from China this morning. But Friday seems a bit long. Any experience on this?

Happy it moved up, but interestingly my wife’s phone was set for October 2-4th hasn’t budged. Wierd.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
View attachment 2277518
This was the pick-up line outside the Apple Store, I wasn't able to post the picture when I was in that line earlier.
This was at 7pm, 1 hour before closing. The line situation here was definitely much worse than at the store I went to early in the afternoon, but this is the flagship store for the area. Not sure how other stores in the city fared.

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I got an ESR case and ESR screen protector, but I had a lot of trouble installing the screen protector. Too many bubbles, and they didn't give a card to smooth them out. I had to do it manually and it took forever. Plugged the phone in, it had 83% battery life to start with, and the charging speed is 7W at the moment according to my power meter. Right now I'm waiting for iOS 17.0.2 to install.
7W ?! That's 2 too many!!

giphy.gif

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I wasn’t part of the thread this year because I couldn’t cave to the temptation to get a new phone. Everything I bought in 2021/2022 did me in 🤪. But, I had to read today’s postings…there is nothing like launch day. I want to tell you Yay that every time I pick up my Apple Cloth, I think of you and remember those fun days filled with laughter. Glad to see you are still doing this so brilliantly.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
well....I picked up my new iPhone 15 PM @ 2:45pm on Friday from the Main Street Naperville, IL store (took 6 minutes). I updated my iPhone 15 PM to 17.0.2 (to avoid the iPhone to iPhone transfer issue) The phone to phone transfer & transferred my T-mobile eSIM took about 30 minutes 256 to 256. I have 2 Apple Watches Series 3 Cellular (I unpaired that one but left the eSIM intact) (having both phones running I was able 2 just transfer my Series 7 Cellular directly to the 15) (looking back I think I could have just transferred the Series 3 as well...

now I'm learning the new device

Ps. I AM so happy to finally be able to use 5G the way it is supposed to be used (in stand alone mode) The x70 modem allows (for the first time on a iPhone I believe) for Voice over New Radio VoNR using the 5G core! I am VERY lucky to be on T-mobile as it I believe is the only one running full stand alone 5G (does not need both (LTE core & 5G) radios running as with Non Stand Alone (Non Stand alone is how most carriers are running 5G, Non stand alone is one of the reasons why 5G is such a hit on battery life)

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
@anjo10 -
It's a totally beautiful case. But yes, the action button hole is "NO GO". I press my thumb flat on that hole and there's no pressure or feeling of the button. I don't want to have to poke it with a fingernail tip just to get it to work - which is what's required right now. The case is too thick (which is a great quality in and of itself for a leather case), but I can't use the button in its current design. I saw a link/post about a possible discount on a future case with the Action Button from Andar. If it comes down to me keeping this case just to get the 20-30% off on a future case, nope - returning it. If they send me a free replacement case, ok, I'll keep it.

If anyone can get past it or deal with the hole, it's a damn nice case. Quality leather, craftsmanship, buttons and more protective than Apple's leather cases ever were.
View attachment 2277428 View attachment 2277432
View attachment 2277440
Buttons on Nomad case. Leather back, sides protective against drops. Has a good feel.

1695459493801.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.