Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Is it possible that, if one selected a carrier and validated their line during preorder, that the eSIM was applied before shipping (a new one) and that transferring would result in an error because there is one already there? I ask because I feel like activation was one of the first things I did?
Yeah normally itā€™s pretty seamless. This is the first year Iā€™ve ever had any issues with the eSIM. I did the pre-approval too. When I called AT&T at around 10:15pm ET they quoted an hour+ wait. I think since I tried during ā€œprimeā€ time there were issues for me? Maybe if I just waited until I got home from my dinner and setup my new iPhone 15 Pro, then I wouldnā€™t have any eSIM issue.

pyong

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2023
Anyone else in a similar boat? My iPhone 15 Pro is stuck in Kentucky; it's already cleared customs but didn't make it far enough to get the "at the warehouse, getting ready for delivery" stage a lot of other folks got stuck on. It was supposed to arrive yesterday.

Oddly, I got a notice that they're attempting a saturday delivery (not my doing) but the package is still in Kentucky, and I'm in NY.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 8.39.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 8.39.33 AM.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_55F0B37A9582-1.jpeg
    IMG_55F0B37A9582-1.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 57
  • Wow
Reactions: 5105973

A1423

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2023
Anyone else in a similar boat? My iPhone 15 Pro is stuck in Kentucky; it's already cleared customs but didn't make it far enough to get the "at the warehouse, getting ready for delivery" stage a lot of other folks got stuck on.

Oddly, I got a notice that they're attempting a saturday delivery but the package is still in Kentucky, and I'm in NY.

Damn yours is coming direct from overseas. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had that. Kinda cool

Itā€™s not a long flight from Kentucky to you. It might be there today.

Reactions: 5105973

steve217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2011
NC
Got my 128 White Pro last night at 5:45pm. Shown with Nomad leather.*

UPS dude scared me by ringing the bell and he was almost out of the driveway before I opened the door.

Set up was a breeze. Mint Mobile flawlessly transferred devices.

Still learning the new phone, but I like it.

*Cat wouldnā€™t hold still for the photo.

Attachments

• 1695473069888.png
    1695473069888.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 79

pyong

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2023
Damn yours is coming direct from overseas. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had that. Kinda cool

Itā€™s not a long flight from Kentucky to you. It might be there today.
Really? That's cool, I somehow always have my iPhone pre-orders come from China; normally goes China -> SK -> Alaska -> Kentucky -> Me :) but it looks like there may have been an issue this year. AFAIK, UPS flights only take off around midnight/early AM so I think I already missed the boat for today's delivery.

A1423

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2023
Really? That's cool, I somehow always have my iPhone pre-orders come from China; normally goes China -> SK -> Alaska -> Kentucky -> Me :) but it looks like there may have been an issue this year. AFAIK, UPS flights only take off around midnight/early AM so I think I already missed the boat for today's delivery.

I now pre order from my carrier, but when I ordered direct from apple. I never had that.

Iā€™ve had things leave around 9:30am(providing the reporting was accurate) get here by end of day. But that was a while ago. So you may be right. In any event, unless the phone was stolen, I have a hard time believing your new phone wonā€™t be in your hands on Monday.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I feel really normal actually! Only one polyp and some diverticulosis which sounds pretty normal. Nothing to tell me what this pain under my rib is but I think weā€™ve come to the conclusion itā€™s a muscle tear of some sort.
Thank you all for caring <3

Looking forward to stalking my UPS truck tomorrow!
Glad to hear youā€™re doing okay! That was exactly my result last month. I hope the muscle tear heals up soon.

I look forward to seeing you get your phone!

I answered my door before the UPS guy even rang the bell and he laughed and waved the packages. I just grinned and said ā€œItā€™s iPhone Day!ā€ and he laughed again and said ā€œOh, so thatā€™s what these are.ā€

• Love
Reactions: tunastink and sawah

ottawa_guy

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2023
Got mine delivered yesterday! 15PM 256GB White Titanium (had to go in and unbox other peoples new phones yesterday, work at a cellphone shop).

The blue is stunning in person, kinda glad I went white, don't like the super grey look of the natural (white is the only colour we don't have available in our store, carriers only get certain colours).

Got the Otterbox unicorn Figura case (it's slim - I like that), and the Belkin Ultraglass 2 screen protector (worth the $50 IMO, feels so much more natural than the amazon garbage)

Watch S9 came with it, 45mm silver, matches it perfectly! Rocking AC+ on that cause I decided to go the naked route.

Now to taunt my manager (he pre-ordered through a carrier, and we got no pre-orders from them yesterday, so he waits as I have mine in all it's glory)...

Gonna feel like a rockstar today :)

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
Curious if anyone else was not home for the delivery yesterdayā€¦ šŸ˜¢
I had an appointment that I had to leave for yesterday, for about an hour. Knowing this in advance, I spoke to my UPS driver on Thursday who said a signed note will work to have the package left. Through chat I was also told by a UPS rep that a signed note would be fine. As luck would have it, my delivery came during that hour that I was gone. I spoke to the UPS driver via my Ring Doorbell. He said he absolutely could not leave the package, even with the signed note that he saw on my door, saying that they were told they would be terminated if they left a package without a live person signing. I certainly donā€™t want him losing his job, so I just told him I hope it can be delivered next day (today, Saturday).

Just curious if anyone else was able to leave a signed note or not had a note/form accepted. Not sure if this varies by area, but it is an extremely safe area with no history of issues.

Thanks!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Got my 128 White Pro last night at 5:45pm. Shown with Nomad leather.*

UPS dude scared me by ringing the bell and he was almost out of the driveway before I opened the door.

Set up was a breeze. Mint Mobile flawlessly transferred devices.

Still learning the new phone, but I like it.

*Cat wouldnā€™t hold still for the photo.
Your iPhone and case appear to match your cat! And cats rarely do hold still for photos. Iā€™ve got thousands of almost, but not quite focused cat photos. :rolleyes: One thing recent Google Pixel phones can do is unblur such photos. But there are limits to what the software can do about these darn cats!

From what Iā€™m seeing of everyoneā€™s posts, all the Pro colors look nice in real life. So much for the idea of them being boring! lol I kind of want them all!

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Curious if anyone else was not home for the delivery yesterdayā€¦ šŸ˜¢
I had an appointment that I had to leave for yesterday, for about an hour. Knowing this in advance, I spoke to my UPS driver on Thursday who said a signed note will work to have the package left. Through chat I was also told by a UPS rep that a signed note would be fine. As luck would have it, my delivery came during that hour that I was gone. I spoke to the UPS driver via my Ring Doorbell. He said he absolutely could not leave the package, even with the signed note that he saw on my door, saying that they were told they would be terminated if they left a package without a live person signing. I certainly donā€™t want him losing his job, so I just told him I hope it can be delivered next day (today, Saturday).

Just curious if anyone else was able to leave a signed note or not had a note/form accepted. Not sure if this varies by area, but it is an extremely safe area with no history of issues.

Thanks!
UPS rang the bell and left it on my doorstep. My delivery didnā€™t have a ā€signature requiredā€ in the shipping information.

• Wow
Reactions: 5105973 and EW800

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
So I'm wondering, how accurate are the Apple delivery estimate dates for people who ordered late?

I ordered yesterday (yeah, I know. Changed my mind about the color and decided not to order from AT&T) and my 15PM natural titanium is estimated to deliver Nov 13 - Nov 20. Just wondering if it's typical for the date to be bumped up when it's this far out.

At this rate I may just start checking to see if any Apple stores have them in stock every day; I don't want to wait that long. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.