Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
If you ever end up needing to replace the screen protector for whatever reasons, the Spigen GlasTR EZ fit was super easy to install and I didn’t have any trouble getting out the few bubbles that I had and it all worked so well and so fast. I did 3 iPhone installations faster than I’ve ever done before. They adhere very well so far. One installation had no bubbles at all to smooth out.

For clear cases I got a Casekoo because at the time Torras didn’t have their clear case out. A day or two later they did and I got the Torras for my daughter’s regular 15. The Torras appears to have more protective TPU layers on the sides. My year old Torras case on my 14 Pro Max never yellowed. So I will probably swap this Casekoo out for a Torras when the yellow starts setting in.
+1 for the Spigen protectors. I put two on last night and they were perfect both times…not a bubble to be found.

Reactions: 5105973 and svish

uhslax24

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
Well...Tropical Storm Ophelia seems to have stymied my chances of getting my phone yesterday. Oddly enough, I didnt get a weather related exception, but UPS says I requested delivery at a later date....October 6th!

Called UPS in hopes of getting it Mon/Tues next week if possible....

• Sad
Reactions: 5105973

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
One amazing thing…with the new phones connected to the 6Ge network in my house we’re getting u/l & d/l speeds in the vicinity of 1.2gig. I’m impressed.
I'm disappointed they didn't enable 160MHz support over 5GHz bands. Wi-Fi 6 routers and Windows laptops for years now have been coming with 160MHz support, but Apple has only enabled it in the 6GHz band, which requires a new router. I'm not going to upgrade to Wi-Fi 7 until the routers become much cheaper.

Reactions: AnClar

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
I had no hiccups with my delivery yesterday at my office. He comes daily, and usually goes to the loading dock, but he came through the front yesterday because all he had was, my phone, watch and AirPods Pro 2. I did have to sign. I asked if he would leave it and he said he could not. My UPS driver at home is awesome and knows everyone on the route by first name. He probably would leave it, but I was not going to chance it and I knew I was not going to be home until late.

Daran1977

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
If you ever end up needing to replace the screen protector for whatever reasons, the Spigen GlasTR EZ fit was super easy to install and I didn’t have any trouble getting out the few bubbles that I had and it all worked so well and so fast. I did 3 iPhone installations faster than I’ve ever done before. They adhere very well so far. One installation had no bubbles at all to smooth out.

For clear cases I got a Casekoo because at the time Torras didn’t have their clear case out. A day or two later they did and I got the Torras for my daughter’s regular 15. The Torras appears to have more protective TPU layers on the sides. My year old Torras case on my 14 Pro Max never yellowed. So I will probably swap this Casekoo out for a Torras when the yellow starts setting in.
I had great luck with my Casekoo and ordered for this phone as well, messed up and didn’t buy the MagSafe version 😖

• Sad
Reactions: 5105973

jeremz1ne

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Porch Pirating is absolutely rampant. I was nervous asf to leave the signed release from apple on my door but thankfully my mom stayed at my place while I worked to grab both iPhones when UPS knocked.

Maybe next year I'll request the day off and do in-store pick-up.
very true, its sad when last year when we had really bad snow storms some jerk decided to come to my door to steal my plastic shovel, like really ive also had lots of packages messed with ( thank god for ring ) but yeah its sad, im glad i work graveyard shift so i just stay awake until my packages from UPS/ FEDx arrive

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
hows everybody enjoying the new iphone? im trying to figure out how to get the "live sport scores" to show up, came from an iphone 12 Pro max so its all new too me

You have to use a compatible app. The two I’ve been using would be Sports Alerts or the sports tab under Apple News (it’ll link you to Apple TV to get live activities.

Daino92

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
hows everybody enjoying the new iphone? im trying to figure out how to get the "live sport scores" to show up, came from an iphone 12 Pro max so its all new too me
Definitely my favorite iPhone by far. A little off put by how easily the back glass of the PM seems to shatter. I just won’t drop mine..

Reactions: jeremz1ne

jeremz1ne

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Definitely my favorite iPhone by far. A little off put by how easily the back glass of the PM seems to shatter. I just won’t drop mine..
i just put a cover on mine, gotta get a screen protecter now.. ordered one from apple after pre-orders started, going to look online for a different one or maybe design my own..

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Kinda disappointed already with the battery life on the 15 Pro. Seems just as bad as the 14 Pro. Picked up a regular 15 and noticed much better battery. Might return my 15 Pro and keep the 15.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
We are working on backing up data on our iPhone 12 Pro Maxes today. We want to wait for the network issues we have heard about on these forums clear up before we do our full transfer over to the new phones.

I want my iPhone 15 Pro Max!!! It's so pretty. But not at the expense of losing memories of my stepdad who passed away in July. Those we will never get back if something gets borked during the update with all the issues we are hearing about.

So we wait until tomorrow.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Kinda disappointed already with the battery life on the 15 Pro. Seems just as bad as the 14 Pro. Picked up a regular 15 and noticed much better battery. Might return my 15 Pro and keep the 15.
yeah apple did say the 15 pro has the exact same battery as the 14 pro right?

my 15 pro is showing exactly what the 14 pro did. I really wish I could stand the size of the max for the battery life but oh well

Reactions: Surf Monkey

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Don’t laugh but my first pictures were of food at IHOP last night. I had a tasty salad.
But I do think the pictures are crisper. Going to play with it more today.
961bb6e8fa1279f545fb0133bd5c98a0.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.