Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
So I'm wondering, how accurate are the Apple delivery estimate dates for people who ordered late?

I ordered yesterday (yeah, I know. Changed my mind about the color and decided not to order from AT&T) and my 15PM natural titanium is estimated to deliver Nov 13 - Nov 20. Just wondering if it's typical for the date to be bumped up when it's this far out.

At this rate I may just start checking to see if any Apple stores have them in stock every day; I don't want to wait that long. :/
quite often as they get more batches produced the dates do move up several weeks in my past experience and what I have read from others on here they typically underpromise on the dates and over deliver on times of moving up.

Reactions: 5105973

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Curious if anyone else was not home for the delivery yesterday… 😢
I had an appointment that I had to leave for yesterday, for about an hour. Knowing this in advance, I spoke to my UPS driver on Thursday who said a signed note will work to have the package left. Through chat I was also told by a UPS rep that a signed note would be fine. As luck would have it, my delivery came during that hour that I was gone. I spoke to the UPS driver via my Ring Doorbell. He said he absolutely could not leave the package, even with the signed note that he saw on my door, saying that they were told they would be terminated if they left a package without a live person signing. I certainly don’t want him losing his job, so I just told him I hope it can be delivered next day (today, Saturday).

Just curious if anyone else was able to leave a signed note or not had a note/form accepted. Not sure if this varies by area, but it is an extremely safe area with no history of issues.

Thanks!
In the past, I had always left a signed note on the door and the driver (UPS/FedEx, doesn't matter) would always leave the package at the door. This was a weird launch cycle in several different ways.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
The right side of my screen seems to be a little darker than the rest of the screen, is anyone experiencing this? Like the colors are a little reddish compared to the rest of the screen

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I got my phone yesterday and I absolutely love it. Hanging out here for a little bit to watch others have fun. I have my 14 Pro to do something with. I am thinking of just trading it in at Apple but right now there is nothing I need from them lol.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Someone remind me, do we get an email from citizens one that our loans are closed once we trade in? I don't recall.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I think you don’t even need to turn the old iPhone off? Definitely back up the old iPhone with iOS 17. I upgraded from an eSIM 14 Pro to the 15 pro so I was surprised about the issue I was having with transferring my phone number (eSIM to eSIM). Seems like the is was a specific AT&T issue. My fiancé converted from an iPhone 12 Pro (physical sim) to the 15 Pro after me and had no issues with AT&T. I just remembered he also used the Quick Start. All I had him do was an iCloud backup. I think you should try and see what happens! Sending you good vibes.

So, it sounds like your fiance was able to transfer from the 12 to the 15 using QuickStart and that process converted the 12's physical SIM to an eSIM and then o the 15 automatically without him having to manually convert the physical SIM to eSIM? Is that how I am understanding this article and what you're saying?

• Love
Reactions: hungryteresa

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Here's my experience about today's delivery.

I'll try to be short but let me be frank with you, everything that follows is 100% accurate, I'm not adding any fantasy details to the story.

I came back from work around 2pm today, UPS delivers late afternoon in my area so I knew that it would be ok to be home around that time.
I waited around one hour minding my own business at home, checking every now and then the UPS app to make sure the truck was in my area. It was, but still not "almost there" so I decided to have a much deserved quick shower after today's struggling at work.

I headed towards the bathroom upstairs, prepped and started showering, everything was great. While I was performing my daily watering routine I didn't pay attention to what sounded like my doorbell. Can't be. It was....
I heard it again and I basically woke up from relaxation. I turned off the water and after 5 seconds I clearly heard a knocking on the door.
"S***, I'm coooooooooming", rushing out of the shower, making a mess with water and grabbing a towel, actually a very small towel, and running out of the bathroom to the door.
When I finally reached the door, there was the infamous "UPS Notice of Sudden Death" sticked on my door. "Sorry we missed you..." ARGHHHHH

I was in disbelief...

"WHAT?!?!"

(I said that like the famous "KEVIN" from Home Alone)

Anyway, without thinking too much about it, I grabbed that notice, rushed out the door with this small towel covering me partially, the truck was still there, but a couple houses ahead. I started running like crazy yelling "WAIIIIIIT" and eventually made it to the truck with the delivery guy coming back from another house.

He looked shocked, I know I was too but I couldn't care less, trying to cover myself as best as I could.

He knew what was supposed to be delivered today, without saying a word he presented the device, I signed, thanked him and returned to my house pretending nothing happened.

And also police didn't come visit me so no harm done I think (and I know the delivery guy will go to bed happy tonight!)
I am so sorry I missed this post yesterday. Omg, that’s true dedication to getting your phone on launch day! 😲

That’s one of those events the cinematic mode on the iPhone was made for! 🤣 Edit in some dramatic music and we’ve got ourselves an iPhone commercial!

jeremz1ne

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
I had an appointment that I had to leave for yesterday, for about an hour. Knowing this in advance, I spoke to my UPS driver on Thursday who said a signed note will work to have the package left. Through chat I was also told by a UPS rep that a signed note would be fine. As luck would have it, my delivery came during that hour that I was gone. I spoke to the UPS driver via my Ring Doorbell. He said he absolutely could not leave the package, even with the signed note that he saw on my door, saying that they were told they would be terminated if they left a package without a live person signing. I certainly don’t want him losing his job, so I just told him I hope it can be delivered next day (today, Saturday).

Just curious if anyone else was able to leave a signed note or not had a note/form accepted. Not sure if this varies by area, but it is an extremely safe area with no history of issues.

Thanks!
in all honestly with all the *******s who steal packages, it's a good thing i guess because everyone knew the phone was being delivered today, and im sure people were out trying to steal some etc why. couldnt you just pick it up at the local UPS hub after delivery hours?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I got an ESR case and ESR screen protector, but I had a lot of trouble installing the screen protector. Too many bubbles, and they didn't give a card to smooth them out. I had to do it manually and it took forever. Plugged the phone in, it had 83% battery life to start with, and the charging speed is 7W at the moment according to my power meter. Right now I'm waiting for iOS 17.0.2 to install.
If you ever end up needing to replace the screen protector for whatever reasons, the Spigen GlasTR EZ fit was super easy to install and I didn’t have any trouble getting out the few bubbles that I had and it all worked so well and so fast. I did 3 iPhone installations faster than I’ve ever done before. They adhere very well so far. One installation had no bubbles at all to smooth out.

For clear cases I got a Casekoo because at the time Torras didn’t have their clear case out. A day or two later they did and I got the Torras for my daughter’s regular 15. The Torras appears to have more protective TPU layers on the sides. My year old Torras case on my 14 Pro Max never yellowed. So I will probably swap this Casekoo out for a Torras when the yellow starts setting in.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
in all honestly with all the *******s who steal packages, it's a good thing i guess because everyone knew the phone was being delivered today, and im sure people were out trying to steal some etc why. couldnt you just pick it up at the local UPS hub after delivery hours?
Porch Pirating is absolutely rampant. I was nervous asf to leave the signed release from apple on my door but thankfully my mom stayed at my place while I worked to grab both iPhones when UPS knocked.

Maybe next year I'll request the day off and do in-store pick-up.

steve217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2011
NC
Your iPhone and case appear to match your cat!
Ha! I never thought of that but it does.

I’ve got thousands of almost, but not quite focused cat photos. One thing recent Google Pixel phones can do is unblur such photos. But there are limits to what the software can do about these darn cats!
What can the software do when the cat whacks the camera in mid-photo?

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 10.31.57 AM.png

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX

Thanks!
It’s at the drivers discretion. Some will do it some are told not to do it. I had this issue last year with secured parcel lockers at an apartment. They were told not to leave them there either.

FlyingScot

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
South Florida
Phone arrived yesterday late afternoon - very late afternoon thank you UPS. Regardless, perfect upgrade though a number of hiccups on the transfer from my iPhone 13. Compared in hand to my wife’s iPhone 14 Pro the weight is effectively identical - her case likely ads a little bit and I just have the Speigen clear case on the iPhone 15. I did put on Speigen tempered glass protector (all our phones) and cannot even tell it is there, great fit. Phone itself is awesome, getting A Pro Max was right call. Good luck alll

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Your iPhone and case appear to match your cat! And cats rarely do hold still for photos. I’ve got thousands of almost, but not quite focused cat photos. :rolleyes: One thing recent Google Pixel phones can do is unblur such photos. But there are limits to what the software can do about these darn cats!

From what I’m seeing of everyone’s posts, all the Pro colors look nice in real life. So much for the idea of them being boring! lol I kind of want them all!
Honestly I'd prefer no unblurring. That's basically creating information where none existed before, so it doesn't reflect reality.

Just take more photos until you have sharp ones. :)

• Haha

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
The phones don’t look that much different, but they feel so much better in the hand than the last few. Hopefully they keep this model for years! I was really surprised by how much better they feel when holding them without a case.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Honestly I'd prefer no unblurring. That's basically creating information where none existed before, so it doesn't reflect reality.

Well the results on one of my cats was actually pretty good. It took an unusable photo of a very unique pose and made it look normal. I otherwise would have lost that photo. I never tried this with a person though. Ooh maybe it will put a nose where one doesn’t belong! 😯

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013

I feel the same about the low light or night feature. If I take a photo at night I expect it to look like night, not an artifically lit scene. I do not have an 15 phone so perhaps there is an option for real or fake night shots. I would hope so.

Reactions: 5105973 and xgman

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
taking the case off the 14 pro's show really bad chipping and wear around the top edges of the painmted metal drame wgher it meets the front screen. More so than any of the many versions prior. I really hope the titanium's faor better.

• Sad

Panku

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
I had a spare 14 pro screen protector which I put on 15 pro and it fit perfectly and no bubbles. As soon as I put the spigen clear case it pushed the protector causing bubbles at all edges. Have ordered a new protector maybe due to curved edges it's causing it. Will see how it goes!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.