Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I think you don’t even need to turn the old iPhone off? Definitely back up the old iPhone with iOS 17. I upgraded from an eSIM 14 Pro to the 15 pro so I was surprised about the issue I was having with transferring my phone number (eSIM to eSIM). Seems like the is was a specific AT&T issue. My fiancé converted from an iPhone 12 Pro (physical sim) to the 15 Pro after me and had no issues with AT&T. I just remembered he also used the Quick Start. All I had him do was an iCloud backup. I think you should try and see what happens! Sending you good vibes.

I have the ATT prepaid plan and my husband has the regular plan. We transferred from 12’s and had to call ATT to transfer the numbers and activate the eSim’s but both calls went quickly.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I think you don’t even need to turn the old iPhone off? Definitely back up the old iPhone with iOS 17. I upgraded from an eSIM 14 Pro to the 15 pro so I was surprised about the issue I was having with transferring my phone number (eSIM to eSIM). Seems like the is was a specific AT&T issue. My fiancé converted from an iPhone 12 Pro (physical sim) to the 15 Pro after me and had no issues with AT&T. I just remembered he also used the Quick Start. All I had him do was an iCloud backup. I think you should try and see what happens! Sending you good vibes.

Is it possible that, if one selected a carrier and validated their line during preorder, that the eSIM was applied before shipping (a new one) and that transferring would result in an error because there is one already there? I ask because I feel like activation was one of the first things I did?

Reactions: hungryteresa

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I feel really normal actually! Only one polyp and some diverticulosis which sounds pretty normal. Nothing to tell me what this pain under my rib is but I think we’ve come to the conclusion it’s a muscle tear of some sort.
Thank you all for caring <3

Looking forward to stalking my UPS truck tomorrow!
You are lying on your side, and if they had to move you while you’re under, I’m wondering if it’s a small muscle pull?

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
My phone just bumped up from October 4-9 this morning. Email from apple says September 29th - Friday. But, when I check the shipping info on UPS, it says September 25th, Monday. The shipping info says it was “released by the local governemnt” this morning and “on its way”, now.

Seeing how I need to be here to sign for the package, what am I supposed to expect? Monday? Friday? Something in between?

Monday seems fast from China this morning. But Friday seems a bit long. Any experience on this?

Happy it moved up, but interestingly my wife’s phone was set for October 2-4th hasn’t budged. Wierd.
Mine moved from 4-9 with an expectation of 9/25. My status has been stuck on Clearance in Progress for over 24 hours. It could definitely get here by Monday, but not holding my breath.

Reactions: bkmike6

rixa001

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Since the Apple polishing cloth seems sold out, how about this?

Attachments

• IMG_3981.jpeg
    IMG_3981.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 39

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Mine moved from 4-9 with an expectation of 9/25. My status has been stuck on Clearance in Progress for over 24 hours. It could definitely get here by Monday, but not holding my breath.
I hope you get your phone Monday!

Watching all of this unfold this year - quirks in the preorder process, the load that preordering puts on UPS to get the maximum number of phones in the maximum number of hands on a single day (instead of letting them trickle out early), AND the fact that this year they had so many phones in stores - I’m wondering if I won’t just skip the preorder next time?

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
I hope you get your phone Monday!

Watching all of this unfold this year - quirks in the preorder process, the load that preordering puts on UPS to get the maximum number of phones in the maximum number of hands on a single day (instead of letting them trickle out early), AND the fact that this year they had so many phones in stores - I’m wondering if I won’t just skip the preorder next time?
The closest Apple Store for me is an hour away and they only had blue in stock. 😢 Wasn’t worth the 3 hour drive to a different store.

Reactions: WaitingForGuacamole

lockhara

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2019
Anyone know when the in store pick up windows open today? Trying to figure out if it is 8-8:30a like yesterday or if the store opens at 10a like normal.

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
What does this mean - no movement since 9/21? Clearance in Progress?

Has it just not been scanned?

clearance.png

Progress.png

lisa4labz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
I went with the Pro Max 15 this time, I've been buying the regular size and so happy I did. The weight feels less than my Iphone 14 Pro and I love the extra real estate. The white looks sharp in this case (but then again I like a little bling: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDPB64FD?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
It may not be for everyone so no negative comments. Come in silver and black too.

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
Reactions: rixa001 and 5105973

cawgijoe

macrumors regular
May 23, 2017
Virginia
Picked up iPhone 15 Pro 256 last night at the Apple Store Fair Oaks, VA. This is a replacement for my wife’s iphone 11. Stood in line for about ten minutes. Had to wait another fifteen or so for help as the staff was handling at least two customers at a time. we were there for two hours total. Part of it was our fault not backing up the trade in to iCloud, and the other part was lack of help. Each associate had multiple people to contend with and they had to flit back and forth between customers which took forever. They looked stressed.
Last time we did this it went much quicker. We were also told multiple times that Verizon was problematic and we may have to call them or visit a corporate store to complete the connection. That thought added to the stress, but luckily we we able to finish the process in store.

mathiasinthe314

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Saint Louis, Missouri
My phone just bumped up from October 4-9 this morning. Email from apple says September 29th - Friday. But, when I check the shipping info on UPS, it says September 25th, Monday. The shipping info says it was “released by the local governemnt” this morning and “on its way”, now.

Seeing how I need to be here to sign for the package, what am I supposed to expect? Monday? Friday? Something in between?

Monday seems fast from China this morning. But Friday seems a bit long. Any experience on this?

Happy it moved up, but interestingly my wife’s phone was set for October 2-4th hasn’t budged. Wierd.
My 15 PM Blue hasn’t budged either. I keep seeing people moving up by days and weeks, I’m still stuck there. I was on my phone at exactly 7:00 CST/5:00 PST and couldn’t get the store to work until after 7:30 CST. By that point I had slipped back to 10/9-10/16. I haven’t ordered my phone when it’s opened up in a couple of years, partly because I’m on IUP and my phones haven’t usually gotten to me until November, so I’m not eligible until October. But this year, I paid the early upgrade payments and was hoping to get on launch day, but Apple found a way to mess that up. Oh well, rant over. Glad you’re getting it sooner and I’m happy for everyone that has been getting theirs today. I’ve been living vicariously through you all.

Csp528

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, USA
IMG_0370.jpeg
I woke up to find that my phone has been rescheduled for Monday delivery. It finally departed the Richmond hub and should be on its way to the local hub. I’m not happy about it being delayed but at least I finally can see some movement.

Reactions: DianaMR and Xoterin

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
View attachment 2276744 Blue 15PM in hand. Impressions: it’s notably lighter for sure. Additionally, the curved edges make it feel way better in hand. The blue is excellent looking. It shifts color a little bit depending on the light it’s in.

Phone is currently downloading the 17.0.2 update. It failed to move my number over (ATT) but I’m sure it’s just heavy network traffic and will work later today.

That’s it for now…
I was so busy yesterday I forgot to take am pic but ya man the phone is noticeably lighter and easier to hold. Love it so far! Still can’t believe we got them on launch day! Cheers

Reactions: Surf Monkey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.