Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Mine was delivered at 10 am. Of course Iā€™m not home until Sunday, but thatā€™s the earliest UPS has ever gotten to my place on iPhone launch day ever.
That is so weird. Exact same situation...in Westchester. I am away for the weekend and my phone was delivered at 10am in Westchester, NY

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
IMG_0765.jpeg
Unboxing iphone 15 pro max Blue Titamium 1 TB

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpeg
    IMG_0758.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 56

POWERPLANTHOMER

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2021
I love my blue also! So glad I got it. Mr Wolfs got black. The colors are all great. Hopefully you all were able to find a 5w green dot charger in your junk drawer to charge them with, or at least a rogue hamster.
My recliner I use to sleep in. (Long story, back issues) has a really slow current, I just bought some Anker USB A to C cables to charge. Iā€™m trying out the 80 percent setting on charge now. Iā€™m finally setup for good as of a few minutes ago. So the back heat just quit on the back of that pretty color.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfs

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Yes! It actually arrived hours earlier (1:40pm ET) so after my last meeting I went home to set it up. I ran into the AT&T transfer phone number issue. I guess this was happening to other people too. I forgot to check Macrumors. There was already a workaround. Finally got my iPhone to work when I got back from dinner with friends. What a crazy night not having any service on two iPhones. šŸ¤£

Thank you for posting this thread, Teresa! My girlfriend is on AT&T and she is coming from an 11 to a 15. I think she needs to convert to eSIM before we even do anything. Anything else I should be aware of?

Reactions: hungryteresa

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
I watched my phone all day on the FedEx map (Verizon phone here, not Apple) and it was delivered about 2 hours before the end of the delivery window. The driver took the elevator up to my floor in our condo building, I signed for it and he left. He quickly said he'd seen about 15 or so iPhone deliveries that day and every one of them answered the door right away.
I'm extremely grateful to have my phone on launch day and it is well worth the upgrade from my 14PM. I've been upgrading every year since the 5S and I can say this is the first time I held a phone and thought just the feel alone was worth the upgrade.

I know we've beat the FineWoven cases to death, as they should be, but when I put mine on my phone, the siderails weren't 100% flush and made a sort of squeaking noise when holding it. I'll hold off until the middle of the week when everything dies down and then go visit the store to check out the cases in person. I might go completely caseless this year since I went with blue Ti and normally don't like the feel of cases, but we'll see.

Good luck to those without phones; your time is coming!

My finewoven case exhibits the same issue. The frame of the case does not really fit around the phone firmly causing some play and sometimes makes a squeaking noise when gripped.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5105973 and CarolG

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
After many hours I have finally received my natty titanium iPhone. Picked up at Apple store, there was line but didnā€™t have to wait long, came after pick up time but everyone was so nice. Set up at home and it was a breeze. I love this forum every iPhone season everybody is so hyped about their iPhone and so nice canā€™t wait to see you all again next year.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I did! I'm loving the White on the TiPhone. Sadly, it's mostly covered now by the FineWoven case. Still undecided if I'm going to keep that case or try something else. I've been having a hard time finding something that I really like and too nervous to go nude with it. You know, first world problems lol

Tomorrow is my youngest son's 12th birthday party. I'll be testing the new cameras out then.
Awww what a great test. Happy birthday to your baby, and please keep the nakedness to MacDaddy

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I got lucky with ATT. I couldn't even start the activation and restoration process until about 5:30pm PDT - and it seems ATT got past a large bunch of activations.

Yup - #TeamBluešŸ’™šŸ’™
Had the same experience by time I got my phone around 5:09 PM and had family over for BBQ supper and all finning birthday week I got to my phone around 9 PM I ended up restoring from backup on Mac worked better for me than the QuickStart did. I tried it, got the 17.02 installed but the continuation from devices just spun and spun never seemed to connec to my old phone so I did the restore from back up on macbook. It went fine, AT&T activated with no issues (this was not an unlocked phone was purchased specifically to go with this account). So worked just fine but I bet their servers were being slammed from what I could read. Anyway all is well repaired my AWUltra and now installing WatchOS 10.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Everything good, just loading apps now.
Here it is in her new case.
I really like the white. Tomorrow husband and I will get gutsy and fight the crowds to go to the Apple Store to get a good look at the other colors as well as the other new products like FineWoven. I want to see in person.
80bb0f5114f0c5d1da82f311d3c9dd46.jpg

c189e17c0709f19c5505ce79cff1f25a.jpg
That case is adorable

• Love

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Oak Brook Represent!
I was in and out in about 5 minutes this morning. It was very well organized. While I waited, I checked out the other colors. The Blue Titanium looks really nice! It is very similar to the Midnight MacBook Air. Iā€™m still satisfied with Natural Titanium, but am glad that I recommended the blue to my mom (who is getting the ā€œregularā€ Pro).

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Ah

Am I the first one here to try and plug the cable into the USB-C port to charge?

Worse, I tried that with my daughterā€™s phone. Fortunately no harm done. I wasnā€™t trying to force it in there. I have Android phones I know not to jam the plugs into the ports in case I grabbed the wrong wire in the dark.

But yeah, I have become the joke that someone on MR predicted. I forgot to replace the lightning cables with the new ones on my charging bricks.

I better get some sleep!

Haha, I did the same exact thing. Totally forgot about USB-C when I wanted to make a backup on my Mac after getting all setup.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I legit was not sure i got the 15 pro Max as I couldnā€™t believe how small and light it felt compared to my 14 pro max.
I was totally doing the same thing.
Wish I had one!
i wish you did too. šŸ˜•
View attachment 2277578
This so makes NO sense :( will it come tomorrow or is it really in Kentucky lol.
I bet the delivery notice was generated in KY, but the iPhone is in MN

How are you feeling?

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Got home from work at 6:30. When I got there and out of my work uniform, I immediately got to installing the screen protector (Spigen Glass TR) and getting my data transferred over from the SE 3. After the 17.0.2 update, the Verizon eSIM transferred immediately and it was good to go in about 30 minutes!

For the Action Button, John Gruber posted a shortcut called ā€œAction Jacksonā€ and itā€™s perfect for what I think I want.

All in all, Iā€™m having a great time with the 15 Pro!

52bed1569acaf2116f16d9842dcef9d8.jpg

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Thank you for posting this thread, Teresa! My girlfriend is on AT&T and she is coming from an 11 to a 15. I think she needs to convert to eSIM before we even do anything. Anything else I should be aware of?
Iā€™m reading that the Quick Start setup will allow someone to convert a SIM to eSIM.

IMG_0006.png

Reactions: CarolG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.