Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Hello - Just got home from a 2 hour drive from Santa Barbara. 15PM did arrive! I'll unbox and report back later - but I most likely will have the same result was you.

I do feel bad about how bad it seemed to blow up on the 15 case forum. The case quality, craftsmanship and their customer service has been 5 out of 5 for me...it's just that cutout.

Let me know what Leather case you find, please. I have a friend getting the Nomad Horween leather case, so we'll see how that works out. Hey though, you and your partner - Enjoy those new 15P/PMs!! Cheers!
@anjo10 -
It's a totally beautiful case. But yes, the action button hole is "NO GO". I press my thumb flat on that hole and there's no pressure or feeling of the button. I don't want to have to poke it with a fingernail tip just to get it to work - which is what's required right now. The case is too thick (which is a great quality in and of itself for a leather case), but I can't use the button in its current design. I saw a link/post about a possible discount on a future case with the Action Button from Andar. If it comes down to me keeping this case just to get the 20-30% off on a future case, nope - returning it. If they send me a free replacement case, ok, I'll keep it.

If anyone can get past it or deal with the hole, it's a damn nice case. Quality leather, craftsmanship, buttons and more protective than Apple's leather cases ever were.
IMG_7915.jpeg
IMG_7916.jpeg

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
@anjo10 -
It's a totally beautiful case. But yes, the action button hole is "NO GO". I press my thumb flat on that hole and there's no pressure or feeling of the button. I don't want to have to poke it with a fingernail tip just to get it to work - which is what's required right now. The case is too thick (which is a great quality in and of itself for a leather case), but I can't use the button in its current design. I saw a link/post about a possible discount on a future case with the Action Button from Andar. If it comes down to me keeping this case just to get the 20-30% off on a future case, nope - returning it. If they send me a free replacement case, ok, I'll keep it.

If anyone can get past it or deal with the hole, it's a damn nice case. Quality leather, craftsmanship, buttons and more protective than Apple's leather cases ever were.
View attachment 2277428 View attachment 2277432
View attachment 2277440

I agree about the hole. I have the Andar Leather Case. Its excellent, but a case with a hole for the action button won't work well. I hate to say it, but I prefer the Apple woven, because it has a cover for the action button and it easy to press.

Reactions: anjo10 and julit0

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Yeah. White Pro x 2, loving it so far. Transfer was straightforward, just had to keep the old phone around or a YubiKey on hand while I did Authenticator setups, validated that 2FA worked where it needed to, and I was good to go! My Quick Start transfer only took 15 minutes, too!

bangbang423

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
I watched my phone all day on the FedEx map (Verizon phone here, not Apple) and it was delivered about 2 hours before the end of the delivery window. The driver took the elevator up to my floor in our condo building, I signed for it and he left. He quickly said he'd seen about 15 or so iPhone deliveries that day and every one of them answered the door right away.
I'm extremely grateful to have my phone on launch day and it is well worth the upgrade from my 14PM. I've been upgrading every year since the 5S and I can say this is the first time I held a phone and thought just the feel alone was worth the upgrade.

I know we've beat the FineWoven cases to death, as they should be, but when I put mine on my phone, the siderails weren't 100% flush and made a sort of squeaking noise when holding it. I'll hold off until the middle of the week when everything dies down and then go visit the store to check out the cases in person. I might go completely caseless this year since I went with blue Ti and normally don't like the feel of cases, but we'll see.

Good luck to those without phones; your time is coming!

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I agree about the hole. I have the Andar Leather Case. Its excellent, but a case with a hole for the action button won't work well. I hate to say it, but I prefer the Apple woven, because it has a cover for the action button and it easy to press.
I'll give one FW case a shot. I returned a second one in Black and a FW wallet. This I'll try with my leather MagSafe wallets...Midnight pictured, but also got Umber and Golden Brown.
IMG_7904.jpeg
IMG_7905.jpeg

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I had the same problem and eventually called AT&T (611) to resolve and the number was ported to the new phone within 5 minutes start to finish.
I was able to finally get it to work after I came back from dinner. So just a few minutes ago. I think AT&T’s servers were getting hit hard. My husband got his done very easily. We haven’t done the kid’s phone yet. She’s got friends over and can’t be a part of the process at the moment.

I thought there’s no way I could love a “boring” 15 Pro/Max color as much as I love my purple, but I was happily mistaken. This blue is divine!

I hope I’ll be able to keep this phone. My eyes do ache but that could be from a lot of things right now.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I was able to finally get it to work after I came back from dinner. So just a few minutes ago. I think AT&T’s servers were getting hit hard. My husband got his done very easily. We haven’t done the kid’s phone yet. She’s got friends over and can’t be a part of the process at the moment.

I thought there’s no way I could love a “boring” 15 Pro/Max color as much as I love my purple, but I was happily mistaken. This blue is divine!

I hope I’ll be able to keep this phone. My eyes do ache but that could be from a lot of things right now.
I got lucky with ATT. I couldn't even start the activation and restoration process until about 5:30pm PDT - and it seems ATT got past a large bunch of activations.

Yup - #TeamBlue💙💙

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
I got lucky with ATT. I couldn't even start the activation and restoration process until about 5:30pm PDT - and it seems ATT got past a large bunch of activations.

Yup - #TeamBlue

Same! I was so annoyed that I could transfer my Verizon eSIM but not AT&T which is my main. I am so happy it finally worked!

Reactions: CarolG and julit0

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I got my Blue 15 Pro and watch a little after 4. Had to make a trip to Xfinity to get the phone transferred. Came home to add the watch and found out my watch line on Xfinity had been dropped and after long phone call the watch now has cellular. Long day but I'm very happy with the new phone. I even like the FineWoven case on it. Very light weight and has the action button covered and it works very well. I haven't had much time to spend playing with the phone but look forward to that tomorrow. Hope everyone is happy with their phones. I love the Blue Titanium!

Daino92

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
After the flawless eSIM transfer experience of last year, my AT&T eSIM just wouldn't transfer, I tried it at least 20 times. The first time and then the occasionally later, it would show "activating..." for a minute or so and eventually fail. After that, it "knew" immediately that it's gonna fail.

The prospect of having to deal with AT&T support muted my excitement for a while.

Fortunately, it turned out that AT&T's website has a working eSIM transfer page. Still, this is inexcusable. Wonder who messed up. My guess would be that some AT&T website got overwhelmed with requests.
I had to speak with Verizon. The person I was chatting with said launch day always slows down the system.. it took 2 hours to get my phone active..

dsteve

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
Mine just got rescheduled for tomorrow :(

Bummer, but I just wish they had done this earlier in the day.
It’s crazy. UPS missed their delivery today. I called and they said tomorrow priority because it was on them.

So I left to go out for dinner.

And of course they showed up, and I wasn’t at home.

So now, I guess I’m no longer priority and I get my package next business day….Monday?

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
I'll give one FW case a shot. I returned a second one in Black and a FW wallet. This I'll try with my leather MagSafe wallets...Midnight pictured, but also got Umber and Golden Brown.
View attachment 2277481 View attachment 2277482
I still have the FW taupe case I ordered. I might try it as well. I also plan to go to Apple Store to check out their silicone cases and see if something I will like.

right now, I have this totallee frosted clear thin case.
IMG_1754.jpeg

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Officially received!!

This year my UPS driver actually wanted to make sure I physically got the box even though I pre-signed and said to leave at front door. He said he wanted to double check since it's the iPhone. That's a new one!
Omg, we got a Ring camera several months ago. I had no idea how bad the crime was around me until I got the notifications. Stuff like vandalism of automobiles and theft of property from vehicles and parcel theft.

Most of it happens in a cute little housing development that’s more adjacent to the shopping districts than my more rural neighborhood.

Still, since the lockdown people have discovered our quiet neighborhood and foot traffic is definitely way up, which is why we finally got a camera.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I got an ESR case and ESR screen protector, but I had a lot of trouble installing the screen protector. Too many bubbles, and they didn't give a card to smooth them out. I had to do it manually and it took forever. Plugged the phone in, it had 83% battery life to start with, and the charging speed is 7W at the moment according to my power meter. Right now I'm waiting for iOS 17.0.2 to install.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Just as I was pulling out to get my daughter from daycare he pulled up!!
f2d3999254d0e476d9bf147676050bf5.jpg
Oh thank goodness. I’m actually pages and pages behind, but I decided to click on your name to see if your pink phone ever got here! Congratulations!

If this blue phone doesn’t work out for me, that there pink phone is my next purchase! I’m dreading having to turn the one sitting here in front of me over to my daughter! It’s so gorgeous. It’s definitely up there with the 12 mini’s purple and the 11 Mint green for my favorite light colors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.