Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
The right side of my screen seems to be a little darker than the rest of the screen, is anyone experiencing this? Like the colors are a little reddish compared to the rest of the screen
No none of ours have that. Iā€™ve seen that happen on my Samsung S8+ screen before. Samsung led everyone to believe a software update would fix it. It didnā€™t. And they released it after the return period for pre orders elapsed. :mad:

My Pixel 2 has a similar issue but I enjoyed the phone anyway. I returned an S23 Ultra with a weird iridescent pinky thing going on with the display and the second one I bought was more uniform.

So basically itā€™s something I consider a defect and I would not accept that because it usually bothers me. Samsung makes great displays but every now and again these weird pink blotchy or gradient ones show up.

Last edited:

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
15 Pro here. I really hate this.

Iā€™ve been just texting and browsing this site and within 45 minutes, Iā€™ve seen the percentage trickle down from 71 to 67. Terrible.

Meanwhile, to test this, I did the exact same on a regular iPhone 15 - just texting and this site. In 45 minutes, percentage stayed at 73. Not a single drop.

Keeping the 15 and returning the 15 Pro. I canā€™t deal with this **** battery another year.

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
hows everybody enjoying the new iphone? im trying to figure out how to get the "live sport scores" to show up, came from an iphone 12 Pro max so its all new too me
Iā€™m loving it so far. Iā€™m also coming from the 12 Pro Max (I do have the 14 Pro max but thereā€™s something about the display that gave me migraines).

Itā€™s good to have Pro Motion back. I didnā€™t realize it was something Iā€™d appreciate so much but it looks smoother than ever.

I really appreciate that itā€™s roughly the same weight as the 12 Pro Max.

I like the camera so far. I liked my 12 Pro Max but I did get more blurry cat photos with it in indoor lighting. Connectivity seems better but Iā€™ll need more time with it.

Battery does seem to drain fast though so Iā€™ll be keeping an eye on that. Itā€™s hard to get a sense of battery life on only day 2.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014

Iā€™ve been just texting and browsing this site and within 45 minutes, Iā€™ve seen the percentage trickle down from 71 to 67. Terrible.

Meanwhile, to test this, I did the exact same on a regular iPhone 15 - just texting and this site. In 45 minutes, percentage stayed at 73. Not a single drop.

Keeping the 15 and returning the 15 Pro. I canā€™t deal with this **** battery another year.
Yeah this is something Iā€™ll be watching out for, too. My 14 Pro Max drained faster than my newish refurbished 12 Pro Max does.

But I may just endure it because Iā€™m desperate for a display that doesnā€™t trigger headaches and eye strain. So far, this display may be a keeper.

dsteve

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
Can anyone confirm that it still can take a day or two for battery usage to stabilize when upgrading to a new phone?

It sure seems the case on iOS upgrades, but I donā€™t recall about restores/new setups.

@thatJohann, maybe wait a day or two depending on confirmation of this.

edit: the 12 doesnā€™t have promotionā€¦that is a significant power draw. Check whatā€™s using most power under battery settings.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Donā€™t laugh but my first pictures were of food at IHOP last night. I had a tasty salad.
But I do think the pictures are crisper. Going to play with it more today.
961bb6e8fa1279f545fb0133bd5c98a0.jpg
Wow thatā€™s what iHOP serves now? It looks a lot healthier than the options we had when the kids were little about 10 years ago.

Reactions: laffnvegas

doggyangel

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Day two: I tried to chase down the UPS truck and missed them by one minute. I saw them turn two blocks from my house.

They marked it as delivered so in my confusion I turned around to check my front door, and there was nothing. Lost track of the truck.

After doing some due diligence and checking all of my neighbors houses, I just got off the phone with Apple to arrange a priority replacement. Very frustrating, UPS doesnā€™t even say it was signed for.

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
Day two: I tried to chase down the UPS truck and missed them by one minute. I saw them turn two blocks from my house.

They marked it as delivered so in my confusion I turned around to check my front door, and there was nothing. Lost track of the truck.

After doing some due diligence and checking all of my neighbors houses, I just got off the phone with Apple to arrange a priority replacement. Very frustrating, UPS doesnā€™t even say it was signed for.
Can you in the US not get things delivered to lock boxes in local shopping malls, convenience stores etc.?
Your delivery systems and your banking systems are from a 3 Stooges and Keystone Cops movie. It boggles the mind.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Hello everyone using a spigen glass is there enough room because I still see some gaps that are not covered?

Attachments

• IMG_9101.jpeg
    IMG_9101.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9102.jpeg
    IMG_9102.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 35

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

The battery will drain faster for the first 24 to 48 hours as the system indexes everything.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
You've made a judgement on the battery after one day? Seems a bit premature.
Well I got both the 15 Pro and the 15 and have been testing both the last two days. None of the battery drain issues are present on the regular 15. Battery is super impressive there. However on the 15 Pro itā€™s just constantly draining battery. Both were set up as new. Not even iCloud restores. It must be the new A17Pro processor sucking up the juice of the Pro. Very disappointing.

Reactions: 5105973

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I need recommendations of usb-c cable to use for carPlay? This Anker USB-A to USB-C cable I bought does work but it charges slow. Iā€™m looking for usb-c to usb-c cables. Thank you!
Iā€™m wondering the same thing. I bought a car that only had USB-A ports, so I ordered a dongle online that separates the power and data from USB, and Iā€™ve been plugging my iPhone in to get fast-charging while using CarPlay. But now when I plug a USB-C cable into the data port of the dongle, itā€™s stopped working completely. The phone charges but doesnā€™t make a CarPlay connection to the car. Iā€™m using UGreen and Apple cables in this setup.

Reactions: anjo10

doggyangel

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Can you in the US not get things delivered to lock boxes in local shopping malls, convenience stores etc.?
Your delivery systems and your banking systems are from a 3 Stooges and Keystone Cops movie. It boggles the mind.
You can, it depends on the carrier. I was mostly planning to be home for the delivery time and often times, especially with Apple deliveries, if you have it rerouted to a delivery location it will delay the shipment by a day.

The replacement phone is instead being shipped to my work, which has a commercial dock, and a set delivery time, so if they screw it up there itā€™s a much bigger issue.

dsteve

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
UPS missed the delivery last night, said it would be today, so I left for dinner, and they showed up last night while I'm out.

Today, it still said today, then switched to Monday. Then out or delivery, and just arrived.

Oh UPS, you're so silly. It'd be cute if it wasn't so annoying.šŸ˜˜

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.