Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
desperately need some help here...yesterday, received both my 15PMs ordered from apple store. unlocked (any carrier) version. my partner and i are both on tmobile. i came from a 12PM, physical SIM to eSIM transfer...all good. phone activated, done.

my partner? freaking NIGHTMARE and still no resolution.

he was on a 11P, eSIM to eSIM transfer. we went through the onscreen process, "would you like to transfer your phone number" or whatever it was. said yes, did the double button press on the 11P and said process was done/activated on 15PM...15PM on screen said it transferred and it was activated. but there's no service. (and yes, we were on wifi while doing the transfer)

long story short, we spent 3 hours on the phone with tmobile last night with no avail. went into tmobile store today, spent 4 hours there and they can't figure out why. on their end, it's showing his IMEI is attached to his account and showing up that it's active on his 15PM...it even shows on his 15PM he has 5G service bars but you can't make calls, get calls, nothing. when you go to the carrier section, it just keeps saying the eSIM is activating.

we've factory reset the phone and set up the phone as brand new and still won't activate.

tmobile is telling us to go to apple store and saying it's a defect with the phone. we activated the eSIM on his 11P and it immediately worked/went through.

THOUGHTS?! this is so stressful :(

ETA: just saw that his 11P was on iOS 16.1 and 15PM on 17.0.2...could this have been the issue? i don't think but grasping at straws b/c we've run through every damn scenario already.

Last edited:

doggyangel

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Day two: I tried to chase down the UPS truck and missed them by one minute. I saw them turn two blocks from my house.

They marked it as delivered so in my confusion I turned around to check my front door, and there was nothing. Lost track of the truck.

After doing some due diligence and checking all of my neighbors houses, I just got off the phone with Apple to arrange a priority replacement. Very frustrating, UPS doesnā€™t even say it was signed for.
This kinda sucks, apparently my ā€œpriority replacementā€ wonā€™t come until late Oct/Novā€¦

IMG_9793.jpeg

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
desperately need some help here...yesterday, received both my 15PMs ordered from apple store. unlocked (any carrier) version. my partner and i are both on tmobile. i came from a 12PM, physical SIM to eSIM transfer...all good. phone activated, done.

he was on a 11P, eSIM to eSIM transfer. we went through the onscreen process, "would you like to transfer your phone number" or whatever it was. said yes, did the double button press on the 11P and said process was done/activated on 15PM...15PM on screen said it transferred and it was activated. but there's no service. (and yes, we were on wifi while doing the transfer)

long story short, we spent 3 hours on the phone with tmobile last night with no avail. went into tmobile store today, spent 4 hours there and they can't figure out why. on their end, it's showing his IMEI is attached to his account and showing up that it's active on his 15PM...it even shows on his 15PM he has 5G service bars but you can't make calls, get calls, nothing. when you go to the carrier section, it just keeps saying the eSIM is activating.

we've factory reset the phone and set up the phone as brand new and still won't activate.

tmobile is telling us to go to apple store and saying it's a defect with the phone. we activated the eSIM on his 11P and it immediately worked/went through.

ETA: just saw that his 11P was on iOS 16.1 and 15PM on 17.0.2...could this have been the issue? i don't think but grasping at straws b/c we've run through every damn scenario already.
Wow, that sucks. Are you not near an Apple store? That seems to be the next possible step.

You've tried setting up the phone as new, so the backup wouldn't matter, right.

I assume you've tried resetting the network, turning cellular off & on? Can he make or receive calls over WiFi?

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022

I want to try to help you out if I can! The iOS version you're on doesn't affect eSIM transfer. Curious, have you tried transferring your eSIM to his phone? That would rule out if his phone doesn't work with any eSIM at all. And the T-Mobile stores are not really helpful with account issues in my experience.

Day two: I tried to chase down the UPS truck and missed them by one minute. I saw them turn two blocks from my house.

They marked it as delivered so in my confusion I turned around to check my front door, and there was nothing. Lost track of the truck.

After doing some due diligence and checking all of my neighbors houses, I just got off the phone with Apple to arrange a priority replacement. Very frustrating, UPS doesnā€™t even say it was signed for.
Wait, so what happened? The driver stole the phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011

I had an issue with activating my 15PM at the Apple Store yesterday. Every time it asked me to tap continue to activate it said I would need to verify by texting me a verification number to my phone number... that I was trying to activate on my new iPhone. Apple called T-Mobile and it was back and forth for about 1 hour. T-Mobile said it was activated on their side (IMEI was attached to my number) and that I would have to just power cycle the phone until service turned on. It never happened. Got tired of waiting so I went home and called T-Mobile myself. The T-Mobile rep asked for my IMEI and my account info, then activated the phone in 3 minutes. I don't get why it took so long between Apple and T-Mobile with 0 resolution at the Apple Store. The T-Mobile rep I spoke to on the phone said there was no history or action from earlier in the day on my account so all that had happened earlier at the store was meaningless.

I'd try calling a different rep to see if they can get it to work.

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Wow, that sucks. Are you not near an Apple store? That seems to be the next possible step.

You've tried setting up the phone as new, so the backup wouldn't matter, right.

I assume you've tried resetting the network, turning cellular off & on? Can he make or receive calls over WiFi?
we are near several Apple stores but wanted to avoid going the day after launch, haha

yep, tried setting up the phone as new, before factory reset we tried resetting network settings, turning cellular on and off, etc. he cannot make or receive calls over WiFi b/c when we toggle it on (wifi calling), it says we need to contact the carrier to get it turned on šŸ˜‚

Reactions: HDJulie

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013

Contact T-Force on X (they go by T-Mobile Help). They are a specialized group of customer service experts who can fix things that no other in-store reps or phone reps can fix. I've used them a few times over my years with T-Mobile and they are wizards. It's all done by chat so sometime so it can be slow at times (especially on an iPhone launch weekend) so be patient, I'm sure they can help. Good luck!

They are on Facebook, too, but I just dont know their handle over there.

Reactions: 5105973 and HDJulie

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
I had an issue with activating my 15PM at the Apple Store yesterday. Every time it asked me to tap continue to activate it said I would need to verify by texting me a verification number to my phone number... that I was trying to activate on my new iPhone. Apple called T-Mobile and it was back and forth for about 1 hour. T-Mobile said it was activated on their side (IMEI was attached to my number) and that I would have to just power cycle the phone until service turned on. It never happened. Got tired of waiting so I went home and called T-Mobile myself. The T-Mobile rep asked for my IMEI and my account info, then activated the phone in 3 minutes. I don't get why it took so long between Apple and T-Mobile with 0 resolution at the Apple Store. The T-Mobile rep I spoke to on the phone said there was no history or action from earlier in the day on my account so all that had happened earlier at the store was meaningless.

we've had 5 different reps - via chat and on the phone AND in store. they all have confirmed that they have attached his IMEI to his number on his account for them, it's showing it's active on his 15PM. they even flipped their iPad around to show us what they're seeing.

in addition, the store rep called tmobile tech support twice and the second one sent him a QR code for us to scan to activate the eSIM (after factory reset) and the bizarre thing is...on screen it showed it worked/activated and 5G bars show up, but still no service and still shows "activating" - we waited in stores for 30 minutes and status didn't change. we just reactivated the eSIM on his 11P and said F it.

so very much at a loss at what is going on :(

• Sad
Reactions: t1m1t and 5105973

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
I want to try to help you out if I can! The iOS version you're on doesn't affect eSIM transfer. Curious, have you tried transferring your eSIM to his phone? That would rule out if his phone doesn't work with any eSIM at all. And the T-Mobile stores are not really helpful with account issues in my experience.
haven't tried transferring mine to his b/c honestly terrified it'll bug out and i'll have 2 useless 15PM's lol and i use mine for work so i can't really be without it. well, i could go back to my 12PM but that's not the point haha

Reactions: 5105973

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Contact T-Force on X (they go by T-Mobile Help). They are a specialized group of customer service experts who can fix things that no other in-store reps or phone reps can fix. I've used them a few times over my years with T-Mobile and they are wizards. It's all done by chat so sometime so it can be slow at times (especially on an iPhone launch weekend) so be patient, I'm sure they can help. Good luck!

interesting. thank you! will give that a shot

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Did anyone not get UPS delivery tracking when their package was out for delivery? In the past, I'd get status updates of its location. After numerous refreshes on their app, it went from 'out for delivery' to delivered.
I used to be able to track the truck but no longer available for me either

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022

I had the same problem with T-Mobile wanting to text the verification code to the number I was trying to activate.

Of course they send SMS so without my phone active the messages werenā€™t forwarded to my iPad or Mac.

I called T-Mobile and got right through. The rep understood what was happening and added my new IMEI to the account for that line. She said it would take 10 minutes to take effect, and exactly 11 minutes later I got an email from T-Mobile that my new phone was activated.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
we've had 5 different reps - via chat and on the phone AND in store. they all have confirmed that they have attached his IMEI to his number on his account for them, it's showing it's active on his 15PM. they even flipped their iPad around to show us what they're seeing.

in addition, the store rep called tmobile tech support twice and the second one sent him a QR code for us to scan to activate the eSIM (after factory reset) and the bizarre thing is...on screen it showed it worked/activated and 5G bars show up, but still no service and still shows "activating" - we waited in stores for 30 minutes and status didn't change. we just reactivated the eSIM on his 11P and said F it.

so very much at a loss at what is going on :(
You need to try another phone. As mentioned, you could try transferring your eSim to his phone to see if it works. Otherwise, go to the Apple store for a different phone.

It wouldn't hurt to try the T-Force team on X, as well.

Reactions: jchiou

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia

wish issues could escalate up to them via phone instead of DM's back and forth!

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
wish issues could escalate up to them via phone instead of DM's back and forth!
Yeah, it can be a bit slow going DM'ing with them. Each rep must be talking to several people at once. But, they have fixed every issue I've ever thrown at them. If they can't fix it then your partner may truly have a bad phone.

I have to transfer my eSim tomorrow and I have a bit of anxiety about it! LOL

Reactions: tunastink

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Yeah, it can be a bit slow going DM'ing with them. Each rep must be talking to several people at once. But, they have fixed every issue I've ever thrown at them. If they can't fix it then your partner may truly have a bad phone.

I have to transfer my eSim tomorrow and I have a bit of anxiety about it! LOL
haha best of luck to you! i will send all the positive juju that you'll have no issues!

Reactions: 5105973 and iVegas

Appleseed18

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Midwest
Anyone waiting on their iPhone 15 Pro Max with a date of October 9-16th? I'm hoping it ships early so I can get it before that.
Same, missed the launch day delivery but Oct. 9th-16th isnā€™t too bad because now deliveries are probably in to November now, Im hoping it ships early too. Iā€™ll never understand how some who ordered at a later time than I did, still were able to received their phone on September 22nd šŸ˜‚. So October it is.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I had the same problem with T-Mobile wanting to text the verification code to the number I was trying to activate.

Of course they send SMS so without my phone active the messages werenā€™t forwarded to my iPad or Mac.

I called T-Mobile and got right through. The rep understood what was happening and added my new IMEI to the account for that line. She said it would take 10 minutes to take effect, and exactly 11 minutes later I got an email from T-Mobile that my new phone was activated.
My SMS messages go to my iPad & Mac

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Same, missed the launch day delivery but Oct. 9th-16th isnā€™t too bad because now deliveries are probably in to November now, Im hoping it ships early too. Iā€™ll never understand how some who ordered at a later time than I did, still were able to received their phone on September 22nd šŸ˜‚. So October it is.

There are dozens of us. šŸ˜‚

Think we'll get them sooner than the date posted?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.