Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Got my order in at 5:01am. In the end, it was UPS I should've been worried about. Did some deliveries across the road and then drove away yesterday (saw it happen on the UPS tracker). Won't be getting it until Monday. 🙃

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 8.20.44 PM 1.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 8.20.44 PM 1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 90

doggyangel

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Wait, so what happened? The driver stole the phone?

I have no idea, I’ve heard that you’re supposed to call Apple if something happens since they paid for the shipping, and Apple said they’d send me a new one for no cost. Unfortunately that appears to put me at the back of the line into Nov. Very nice given I got up extra early for my preorder.

Either the driver stole it, or delivered it to the wrong address. I think the latter is more likely but then it begs the question of a neighbor taking a phone that will soon be bricked by Apple.

I checked our camera footage and didn’t see any delivery but I know for a fact with my own eyes that the truck went down my street.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
I am so sorry I missed this post yesterday. Omg, that’s true dedication to getting your phone on launch day! 😲

That’s one of those events the cinematic mode on the iPhone was made for! 🤣 Edit in some dramatic music and we’ve got ourselves an iPhone commercial!
I didn’t think about it that much, but next week I’m not home sooooo it would have been actually harder to reschedule the delivery📦 🚚 😂

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
So, it sounds like your fiance was able to transfer from the 12 to the 15 using QuickStart and that process converted the 12's physical SIM to an eSIM and then o the 15 automatically without him having to manually convert the physical SIM to eSIM? Is that how I am understanding this article and what you're saying?
Just wanted to let you know that we got my girlfriend‘s iPhone set up without a hitch!

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
desperately need some help here...yesterday, received both my 15PMs ordered from apple store. unlocked (any carrier) version. my partner and i are both on tmobile. i came from a 12PM, physical SIM to eSIM transfer...all good. phone activated, done.

my partner? freaking NIGHTMARE and still no resolution.

he was on a 11P, eSIM to eSIM transfer. we went through the onscreen process, "would you like to transfer your phone number" or whatever it was. said yes, did the double button press on the 11P and said process was done/activated on 15PM...15PM on screen said it transferred and it was activated. but there's no service. (and yes, we were on wifi while doing the transfer)

long story short, we spent 3 hours on the phone with tmobile last night with no avail. went into tmobile store today, spent 4 hours there and they can't figure out why. on their end, it's showing his IMEI is attached to his account and showing up that it's active on his 15PM...it even shows on his 15PM he has 5G service bars but you can't make calls, get calls, nothing. when you go to the carrier section, it just keeps saying the eSIM is activating.

we've factory reset the phone and set up the phone as brand new and still won't activate.

tmobile is telling us to go to apple store and saying it's a defect with the phone. we activated the eSIM on his 11P and it immediately worked/went through.

THOUGHTS?! this is so stressful :(

ETA: just saw that his 11P was on iOS 16.1 and 15PM on 17.0.2...could this have been the issue? i don't think but grasping at straws b/c we've run through every damn scenario already.
I’m so sorry this happened to you and your partner. I would say that you can reset the phone again and delete the eSIM and then go back through the process as normal it should work after that. If not then the next step is get in contact with T-force on X (formally Twitter) cause they are the best when it comes to these problems. If they can not fix it then I would then take it to apple for a replacement because Apple doesn’t handle eSIM issues that’s only through the carrier they can only replace the phone.

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
Yeah, it can be a bit slow going DM'ing with them. Each rep must be talking to several people at once. But, they have fixed every issue I've ever thrown at them. If they can't fix it then your partner may truly have a bad phone.

I have to transfer my eSim tomorrow and I have a bit of anxiety about it! LOL
I am on T-Mobile and I went to apple to pick up my new phone and trade in. The apple employee had me delete my data and eSIM from old phone and explained that my new phone would be good to with transfer of eSIM because T-Mobile already had the IMEI that was attached to new phone. When I set up my phone my eSIM was transferred extremely fast and worked flawlessly.

applehb576

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2023
Your order can’t be changed at this time. If you’d like to make changes to this order, please try again in a few hours.

What does the above message indicate ? it's ready for shipment ?

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Your order can’t be changed at this time. If you’d like to make changes to this order, please try again in a few hours.

What does the above message indicate ? it's ready for shipment
When you place an order you cant cancel it right away when they start processing it

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Anyone see their return kit shipping for delivery today "Sunday" from FedEx? My iPhone came via UPS on Friday just fine but then this FedEx order popes up and originally had a delivery date of yesterday "Saturday".

Dave

Reactions: GeneticBloom

bkmike6

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2018
Anyone see their return kit shipping for delivery today "Sunday" from FedEx? My iPhone came via UPS on Friday just fine but then this FedEx order popes up and originally had a delivery date of yesterday "Saturday".

Dave
My trade in kit shows up in the fedex app but I don’t have a delivery date. Says that the labels were created on the 21st but no movement since the.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.