Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Flight.png

FlightDetails.png

UPS77.png

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
My delivery is complete. I was tracking the truck and when it turned on my street I just listened for the truck. It was my regular UPS driver the delivers all my "before" 12 PM business orders. I met him at the door exchanged pleasantries. He handed me the iPhone and said enjoy your new phone.

Order indicated Signature Required. I even received a second USP eMail about Signature Required this morning after it was loaded on the truck.

The order status under the Location: indicates Met Customer vs the normal details on other Signature Required orders.

Dave
What are the chances it’s Att and out of Ft Worth? There’s a reason why I’m asking

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Spent all night last night setting up my phone (signed into iCloud but manually downloaded everything else and started from scratch) but holy crap - this phone is awesome.

What a massive upgrade coming from the 12 Pro. So glad I waited for this!
I made the same 12 to 15 jump. I had a bit of predelivery buyer’s remorse as I read some of the early reviews and analyses. But once I had it in my hand and then set up, that faded. You’re right. It’s a significant upgrade. Enjoy!

lisa4labz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
I got the 15PM and gave my son my 14Pro. I ordered mine unlocked but hooked up on our VZ account, they had to set me up because of the ESIM but it was painless. When I wiped my 14Pro out to give to my son there was a choice to reset it with or without the SIM and I chose to reset and leave the SIM. I always thought the SIM just gave you accees to the network but when he went to activate the phone my phone number and info was in there. We couldn't get cellular access so I reset the phone and wiped out everything (including the previous SIM info) and it was fine then. This is only if you're resetting a previously used phone.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
My trade in kit shows up in the fedex app but I don’t have a delivery date. Says that the labels were created on the 21st but no movement since the.
Yes you should have 2 labels created for each trade in kit. 1 for your return label and 1 for the actual trade in kit. My trade in kit shipped on 9/22 and is my state today and has already scanned in at 2 locations. Last update was 8 AM this morning.

Dave

Reactions: bkmike6

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I chose to reset and leave the SIM. I always thought the SIM just gave you accees to the network but when he went to activate the phone my phone number and info was in there. We couldn't get cellular access so I reset the phone and wiped out
Yes since the iPhone 14 has only an eSIM it was tied to your phone number. So for others following along you really want to delete the eSIM if handing off the older iPhone 14 or remove your old Nano-SIM on older devices.

Dave

Reactions: lisa4labz

rolandkoller90

macrumors member
May 2, 2017
How does Natural titanium looks in person? I am still waiting for mine, The regular UPS driver is out today else it should have been in my hands by now..
I’m in love with the natural titanium. And I’m really happy the frame looks more stonewashed than brushed. I had a feeling it was going to be that way.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Yeah, but I don't ever want to be reminded they exist :) Not even later. Not even in notifications or in the settings app.
You might be able to get the reminders to go away by going part way down the path. Follow the reminder in the Settings app, and if it says "Setup Apple Pay", tap it. There should be an option to "Setup later" that you can tap, but since you "followed" the Settings guidance, it should stop hounding you? Give it a try, worst thing that happens is it doesn't change.

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
I made the same 12 to 15 jump. I had a bit of predelivery buyer’s remorse as I read some of the early reviews and analyses. But once I had it in my hand and then set up, that faded. You’re right. It’s a significant upgrade. Enjoy!

Completely understandable! This is one of the few times that my hype was through the roof and Apple delivered on everything so I am beyond ecstatic.

Thank you and likewise!! :D See you all in a few years for another iPhone pre-order thread!

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
we've had 5 different reps - via chat and on the phone AND in store. they all have confirmed that they have attached his IMEI to his number on his account for them, it's showing it's active on his 15PM. they even flipped their iPad around to show us what they're seeing.

in addition, the store rep called tmobile tech support twice and the second one sent him a QR code for us to scan to activate the eSIM (after factory reset) and the bizarre thing is...on screen it showed it worked/activated and 5G bars show up, but still no service and still shows "activating" - we waited in stores for 30 minutes and status didn't change. we just reactivated the eSIM on his 11P and said F it.

so very much at a loss at what is going on :(
@jchiou, please keep us updated. We're invested in this now :cool:

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
IMG_8638.jpeg
I want to warn people about using an Anker USB-A to USB-C cable for CarPlay. It worked, but it kept disconnecting every time the cable moved. I used my Google cable and didn’t have the same issues. When I took a closer look at the USB-A side, the data pins on the Anker were recessed compared to the Google cable, resulting in easier disconnects! Google is the white cable with blue plastic. You can see how the 2 pins in the middle aren’t visible in the black cable because they’re recessed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.