Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
it's still active!!! we went back to the 11, had the eSIM re-activated, IMEI on the account shows 11....and it still wont transfer to any phones.
I do think this process is still wonky... OK, maybe a lot wonky... Granted, I'm on Verizon, but I went through Quick Start twice, the first time activated Verizon, the second time asked if I wanted to transfer the eSIM (which failed). I was able to place calls but not receive them...

When I chatted tech support, I looked at the phone config, and what was on the Verizon device page, and found that what they had on my phone for IMEI2 was really IMEI on my phone - and they expected it to be so. So I gave them the correct info, they reactivated the line. Had to reset network settings, and then it came back up. Still had cleanup of some of the old config to do, like deleting the eSIM that was misconfigured.

TL;DR - make sure that TMO sees your IMEI as IMEI and your IMEI2 as IMEI2, and no "crossing the streams" has occured.

Reactions: meetsam23

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Received the box to return my trade-in. Can I send them the phone with the original box it came in (minus cord & stickers)? šŸ˜
Do you mean you have the original iPhone retail box that your phone you are trading in and want to put it into the box they just sent you? There is not need to do that just the phone after you erase it and remove it from Find My (devices) list.

What iPhone are you returning as older models iPhone 13 and older still may have a physical Nano-SIM that you should remove.

Dave

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
I do think this process is still wonky... OK, maybe a lot wonky... Granted, I'm on Verizon, but I went through Quick Start twice, the first time activated Verizon, the second time asked if I wanted to transfer the eSIM (which failed). I was able to place calls but not receive them...

When I chatted tech support, I looked at the phone config, and what was on the Verizon device page, and found that what they had on my phone for IMEI2 was really IMEI on my phone - and they expected it to be so. So I gave them the correct info, they reactivated the line. Had to reset network settings, and then it came back up. Still had cleanup of some of the old config to do, like deleting the eSIM that was misconfigured.

TL;DR - make sure that TMO sees your IMEI as IMEI and your IMEI2 as IMEI2, and no "crossing the streams" has occured.
yeah, we took photos of the phones and sent it to T-Force so they could see the numbers

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I had something like this happen. The driver pulled up, was in the back of the truck for a bit, and then drove off. I was looking at the UPS app and saw that it showed my delivery was right outside.

It was then marked as delivery rescheduled (for Saturday), but I was watching, and there was no delivery attempt. So, I called UPS. They said that code meant there was a delivery attempt and then promised me a callback from a local dispatcher. The dispatcher called and said that the driver said that his handheld immediately prompted him to keep it (something including "return to clerk"). I pushed back, saying that didn't make sense (the dispatcher suggested it was Apple saying to not deliver it), and the dispatcher promised to have a supervisor call me.

A little while later, I got a call from the same dispatcher saying that the driver would be by soon to deliver it, and that there was some issue that they were sending out to all drivers (from the local dispatch). When he came to the door, he (unprompted) showed me what the scan popped up on his handheld, and, sure enough, there was a message about not delivering it. He overrode that and delivered it. I suppose that this is a thing that happens, so he followed instructions and moved on, but there was some issue causing some iPhones to get flagged this way (as messages were bouncing around after my call, he had another similar thing happen in a nearby neighborhood with another iPhone).

I have to say, the explanation sounded like total BS until I saw it. On the other hand, having used the UPS app and website, I don't find it too hard to imagine that their tech infrastructure has issues.
My UPS driver is a regular at our house so I know him. When he delivered the phone & watch on Friday, he told me that they'd had a request to hold one of them until Saturday. I said that didn't come from me. He then said they'd gotten that request for several others as well. I didn't ask for explicit details & now wish that I had. I'd like to know how they get those 'requests'.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
I wish the same. The carriers were not ready for the onslaught.
it was so bad if I update again in the future I will wait a day or two after launch to activate. On Friday after ATT unable to activate, my order was so screwed up that they had to cancel it and start all over again. I got there early too, the system was having issues from the start.

Reactions: Whistler Mac

jamie j.

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
to follow up on my music dilemma... got my iPhone about 4ish on friday which is on par for my ups deliveries. had a nice chat with the driver who said he had been delivering a ton of iPhones. anyways, i decided it would be a PITA to delete all of my music off my old phone so i just did the over the air sync. took about 3 hours which isn't bad given how much high quality music i have on my iPhone. i just played call of duty with my brother while i waited for it to finish. it all worked out nicely. ps - i love the iPhone. i really cannot believe how much lighter it feels. even my brother was impressed.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
What in the hell is T-Force doing? All that happens is They initiate the transfer and you get a push notification on the phone youā€™re transferring to to add the cellular plan. All the confirmation that youā€™re an account owner and stuff is done through the phone call.

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this, but they are doing it wrong. I assume you canā€™t just change the imei yourself on your account? I have TMO business and Iā€™m able to change the imei to initiate an eSIM transfer but Iā€™m not sure if they took that ability away from the consumer accounts.

They took that away from us about a year ago. I wish it would come back.

Reactions: StudioMacs

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Well talking to another friend just now he said the bug is only on phone to phone transfer in quick start but If I choose option of transfer from iCloud I a still safely use quick start. Since apple offered me space to upload to cloud for this with my new phone purchase I am going to use that and am currently backing my phone up to the cloud. The cloud has same encryption as the macbook backup also

I was wondering if you might know what the fix was for this bug. I have to restore my husbandā€™s new phone from a backup or wipe it and start the new phone transfer again and want to avoid that bug. I have never had to do this so pretty nervous about it. Maybe you know of a link that gives directions?

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Not it was from Apple direct from Shenzhen, China.

Dave
I only asked because we (FedEx Express) got a memo Friday that all RLC (ATT) shipments from Ft Worth has DSR (Direct Signature Req) put on a large batch of their shipments by mistake and were able to be released without a signature.

Reactions: dave006

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
no, there is not.
My account had something called ā€œFraud SIM Blockā€ placed on it, which is something different from the regular SIM protection. Itā€™s something standard T-Mobile reps canā€™t see, but it was blocking me from upgrading or moving my SIM to another phone. The only way to remove it is by contacting the fraud team, and they canā€™t be reached by phone, you have to send in a request. When I contacted the executive team they submitted a request for me and got it lifted. But it was 12 frustrating hours of not being able to order a phone until they did. And that led to all my issues with pickup because I ordered an unlocked phone to just have something held, if T-Mobile let me place a regular order in the first place I wouldnā€™t have had to do that.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Reposting again: Can somebody please tell me why my mom's new iPhone 15 Pro Max cut off her texts in mid-August? She had thousands. And wants to get them from her old iPhone 12 Pro Max to her new one.

Why did iCloud on my iPhone 15 Pro Max restore all of my texts and iCloud on my mom's phone did not restore all of her texts?

All settings are the same for iCloud storage on both. I did both phone setups exactly the same way.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Got Text from FEDEX that my trade in package would arrive today (Sunday) before 1:30 PM EST.
Our trade in boxes were left on our front porch while we were getting drenched by Ophelia rains even though the porch has a roof. Nobody in this family seems capable of seeing packages or thinks to check for them. I donā€™t know how my husband missed getting a notification. The boxes were soggy when I came downstairs after taking a small nap after cooking a massive brunch for family and their guests.

My husband had been sitting there right next to the front door! :mad: Good thing Iā€™ve been on the lookout for them. They seem to have dried out okay. Thank goodness.

Iā€™ve got my purple 14 pro Max wiped but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m sending it back yet. Iā€™m still evaluating whether or not I can handle the pwm of this 15 Pro Max display. My other potential option if I canā€™t is to try a 15 Plus.

I need the full return period to evaluate this.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
The 17.0.2 update fixed the quick transfer bug, just be sure to update to that on the new phone before going through with the transfer.

We did that with both phones. It was part of the quick start, but when we got to transfer our numbers it said it couldnā€™t do it which after several tryā€™s ended with calling ATT and spending an hour on the phone and finally they used our IMEI2 and EID numbers to get them transferred. But then my husband later realized not all of his Facebook data, photos or messages transferred so evidently the number issue also messed up his data transfer. Mine is fine. I assume I will have to wipe his phone and do the transfer over again. Just donā€™t want to run the same issue and I thought I read there were others here who had the same problem and found a fix so was trying to find it.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
We did that with both phones. It was part of the quick start, but when we got to transfer our numbers it said it couldnā€™t do it which after several tryā€™s ended with calling ATT and spending an hour on the phone and finally they used our IMEI2 and EID numbers to get them transferred. But then my husband later realized not all of his Facebook data, photos or messages transferred so evidently the number issue also messed up his data transfer. Mine is fine. I assume I will have to wipe his phone and do the transfer over again. Just donā€™t want to run the same issue and I thought I read there were others here who had the same problem and found a fix so was trying to find it.
You can reset his iPhone new without erasing the SIM.

Reactions: Surf Monkey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.