Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Think we'll get them sooner than the date posted?
Probably. Iā€™ve seen several 4-9ā€™s that are supposed to deliver on Monday, Sept 25. Weā€™re next in the 9-16 bucket so Iā€™m hoping we see some kind of movement in the next week, at least moving to PFS (preparing for shipment) at which point we can start tracking by reference.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone know how long until stores have them back in stock? Sold out everywhere in my area.
Check every morning. Iā€™ve seen stock both yesterday and today when I check the Apple Store app at 5:30-6:30am. Not a ton of stock, but several different Pro Max configurations.

mathiasinthe314

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Saint Louis, Missouri
Think we'll get them sooner than the date posted?

Probably. Iā€™ve seen several 4-9ā€™s that are supposed to deliver on Monday, Sept 25. Weā€™re next in the 9-16 bucket so Iā€™m hoping we see some kind of movement in the next week, at least moving to PFS (preparing for shipment) at which point we can start tracking by reference.
Letā€™s hope! Iā€™m still salty that it took 33 minutes after preorders opened to get my order to go through.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
haven't tried transferring mine to his b/c honestly terrified it'll bug out and i'll have 2 useless 15PM's lol and i use mine for work so i can't really be without it. well, i could go back to my 12PM but that's not the point haha
I do understand that, but at the same time, if your number worked on the 15 PM we would know the issue is with his account, and not with the physical phone. Iā€™ll give you an example, I switched to the Go5G Plus plan or whatever itā€™s called, and the T-Mobile chat rep disabled my data plan by mistake. So I was getting full signal, but couldnā€™t load any websites. I didnā€™t see it until I logged into the T-Mobile app and checked account add-ons.

Reactions: killawat

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Letā€™s hope! Iā€™m still salty that it took 33 minutes after preorders opened to get my order to go through.
SAME! Normally I can deal with that on preorder morning between 2 iPads, my phone, and MacBook Pro and get through, but I got stuck on an international flight with the worst wifi ever and just my phoneā€¦ didnā€™t get through until about :35. Hopefully we see some movement in the next 5 days. šŸ€šŸ€

Tuscape

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
I wonder if there's a chance shipments are also over the weekend.
Iā€™m one of the originally 10/4-10/9 orders that received their phone on Friday. I canā€™t remember if my phone went to preparing for shipment on the Apple site or if my ups showed an incoming package from AI first, but both of those happened well before Apples shipping estimate moved up. If I remember correctly, Apple was still saying to expect it on 10/2 as of Thursday.

Fingers crossed for yā€™all to get yours early as well as this phone is really nice.

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
IMG_4991.png

Left Incheon

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
desperately need some help here...yesterday, received both my 15PMs ordered from apple store. unlocked (any carrier) version. my partner and i are both on tmobile. i came from a 12PM, physical SIM to eSIM transfer...all good. phone activated, done.

my partner? freaking NIGHTMARE and still no resolution.

he was on a 11P, eSIM to eSIM transfer. we went through the onscreen process, "would you like to transfer your phone number" or whatever it was. said yes, did the double button press on the 11P and said process was done/activated on 15PM...15PM on screen said it transferred and it was activated. but there's no service. (and yes, we were on wifi while doing the transfer)

long story short, we spent 3 hours on the phone with tmobile last night with no avail. went into tmobile store today, spent 4 hours there and they can't figure out why. on their end, it's showing his IMEI is attached to his account and showing up that it's active on his 15PM...it even shows on his 15PM he has 5G service bars but you can't make calls, get calls, nothing. when you go to the carrier section, it just keeps saying the eSIM is activating.

we've factory reset the phone and set up the phone as brand new and still won't activate.

tmobile is telling us to go to apple store and saying it's a defect with the phone. we activated the eSIM on his 11P and it immediately worked/went through.

THOUGHTS?! this is so stressful :(

ETA: just saw that his 11P was on iOS 16.1 and 15PM on 17.0.2...could this have been the issue? i don't think but grasping at straws b/c we've run through every damn scenario already.

Update iPhone 15PM to iOS 17.0.2.

richardkor

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
So pretty!! Finished the setup in about 35 minutes. The activation on tmobile worked flawlessly. And I bought it unlocked! 13 pro max going to mum in South Africa on Monday when my vacation starts! See you all next year my fellow iPhone lovers! Signing off from my NAT Titanium 15 pro max. Love you all!

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 66

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Update iPhone 15PM to iOS 17.0.2.

She already said the 15 PM was on 17.0.2 though...
I had the same problem with T-Mobile wanting to text the verification code to the number I was trying to activate.

Of course they send SMS so without my phone active the messages werenā€™t forwarded to my iPad or Mac.

I called T-Mobile and got right through. The rep understood what was happening and added my new IMEI to the account for that line. She said it would take 10 minutes to take effect, and exactly 11 minutes later I got an email from T-Mobile that my new phone was activated.
Apple does this too sometimes when you try to set up a phone with 2FA enabled on the Apple ID. So for Apple I try to make sure I have another number set to receive codes like a landline, or another cell phone.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Kinda disappointed already with the battery life on the 15 Pro. Seems just as bad as the 14 Pro. Picked up a regular 15 and noticed much better battery. Might return my 15 Pro and keep the 15.
It can take a good week for the battery monitoring software to calibrate itself, so judging by the first day or two isnā€™t accurate as it will tend to drain quickly.

rixa001

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Washington, DC
After about 24 hours, I'm loving the upgrade. To be honest, I didn't fire it up or start the migrate process because I marveled at the screen size šŸ˜†. I gave up the screen real estate from an XS Max to an 12 Pro because of the cameras (I was insanely jealous of the low light camera of the 11Pro series). I didn't think it mattered to go to a smaller screen because of the quality and build of the 12Pro. But I couldn't get over how the bigger screen made a difference in reading, vids, apps and overall experience. Being back on the 'Max,' I truly missed what I loved about the bigger screen (especially with Pro Motion-HRH). Add the 'Dynamic Island,' always on display, faster processor, better cameras (to name a few), I'm really glad to have upgraded (I'm using the wallpaper of the 14P, but it's a 15PM-haha).

I'll keep lurking here and may throw in my 3 cents. Enjoy/Yay!

Attachments

• tempImagei4LmeL.png
    tempImagei4LmeL.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
  • tempImagepClumc.png
    tempImagepClumc.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 63

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
So pretty!! Finished the setup in about 35 minutes. The activation on tmobile worked flawlessly. And I bought it unlocked! 13 pro max going to mum in South Africa on Monday when my vacation starts! See you all next year my fellow iPhone lovers! Signing off from my NAT Titanium 15 pro max. Love you all!
HEY, howzit...Im South African...living in USA since 1988

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I was too frustrated to share this yesterday, but you may remember the issue I had at one Apple Store where they wouldn't let me add the trade deal to my order because it hadn't been added at the time of pre-order. The Apple rep I talked to at that store said I could return and repurchase, adding the trade the second time, but that it might take hours, they would have to take the phone away from me and put it in the back, and I may not get the same phone, that they might even open the phone box.

Well, while waiting for my pickup at the second Apple store I went to yesterday, the lady who helped me with the pickup listened to my experience at the first store and told me that the rep at the first store was just talking out of her ass. It's apparently totally possible to do a return and instantly repurchase, she said it would go back into stock immediately. In addition, she said that if the item was sealed, they wouldn't need to open it. So the first Apple Store I went to could've given me my phone hours earlier and saved me a lot of stress and frustration yesterday. šŸ˜¤

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
I had the same problem with T-Mobile wanting to text the verification code to the number I was trying to activate.

Of course they send SMS so without my phone active the messages werenā€™t forwarded to my iPad or Mac.

I called T-Mobile and got right through. The rep understood what was happening and added my new IMEI to the account for that line. She said it would take 10 minutes to take effect, and exactly 11 minutes later I got an email from T-Mobile that my new phone was activated.
Once I got through, I got about 4000 text messages with verifcation codes from all the times the Apple rep and I tried getting them hahaha

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Once I got through, I got about 4000 text messages with verifcation codes from all the times the Apple rep and I tried getting them hahaha
I had a bunch of verification codes too, and of course they came to my iPad and Mac only after my eSIM was activated.

Reactions: t1m1t
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.