Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Severe weather delays can cause backups if say thereā€™s a storm in NYC and a lot of flights are waiting to take off for NYC and clogging the gates at an otherwise fine airport in Louisville.

When the plan takes off from Louisville, heading to Jacksonville, there is nothing in NYC to effect it getting there except weather, mechanical problems or an explosive crash into the ground! It is a short flight and gates in NYC have nothing to do with it.

In the end UPS did their job and it is on the truck for delivery todayšŸ˜›

Attachments

• IMG_6042.png
    IMG_6042.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 57

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
When the plan takes off from Louisville, heading to Jacksonville, there is nothing in NYC to effect it getting there except weather, mechanical problems or an explosive crash into the ground! It is a short flight and gates in NYC have nothing to do with it.

In the end UPS did their job and it is on the truck for delivery todayšŸ˜›
Itā€™s not the weather at destination but weather in Louisville. A lone lighting strike within a certain mile radius of the hub will shut them down from unloading planes/tugs for at least 30 mins. Which in turn backs system up. Even though a delay, you should (as I see in your case) will still be delivered, just maybe later than normal/thought

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
Mine too. Was originally supposed to be 10/9-16. Unfortunately, weā€™re out of town next week so Iā€™m not sure what to do
No friend or relative or out of work buddy or retiree who could hang around your place, watch TV, eat supplied snacks and receive the delivery? If signature in person and show of picture ID required then no luck but it seems this is not the procedure in many cases.

cinger0439

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
@cinger0439

Weather delay is for Louisville, NOT the destination.

Essentially it gives the exception/disruption on making service times. So if your package has a commit time of by 1030am, so with the disruption it keeps UPS from having to pay back the fee(s) if customer calls in and complains for not making service times, Money Back Guarantee If that makes sense.
Ah, got it!

Reactions: Fantasigraphic

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Question for yā€™all: so I opted to order my 15PM late because I was on the fence about it. It was originally supposed to deliver between 10/9-16, which was great, because weā€™re out of town next week. Predictably, I got notification this morning that itā€™s delivering 10/2 now. UPS MyChoice on the app will not give me any option to have it held for pickup and say that delivery options are restricted by the sender. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth my time to attempt to deal with UPS, or would contacting Apple to see about changing their restrictions work? I canā€™t believe Iā€™m pissed about Apple sending me a phone early. Lol. šŸ˜‚
Try contacting Apple and explain the situation. See if they can take the restriction off for you. If not then you might have to put a vacation hold at UPS.

Reactions: takasugi

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
Anyone know when the current trade in values change? Been trying to find in store availability each day instead of waiting on shipping, but don't want to wait too long. I guess I could just do a shipped order and cancel if I find it sooner.

They already changed them a few months ago. They are well aware when a new device is coming out and start lowering the trade-ins for the previous devices far in advance of that.

SEVERE WEATHER DELAY!

WTF? UPS is full of it as there is nothing in the weather radar between Louisville and Jacksonville. They are just failing, again!!!

This is just dumb. Obviously any shipping company is going to do everything it can to deliver stuff as soon as possible, as they need to get it done. They are not inventing reasons for a delay just to annoy you.

Reactions: ColoArtist

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Is Apple still getting in-store inventory, or are they only fulfilling online orders until demand wanes? If the former, when does Apple update their inventory? I didnā€™t pre-order thinking I could just grab one on launch (did get the Pro for my wife), but it wasnā€™t available. Still hoping to get one in store, but I probably should have just ordered one as a back up seeing that the PM availability keeps getting pushed back further and further.
They do both. Apple stores will update their inventory when they receive them. Yesterday seemed quiet as no stores in my area received any stock. They did receive a few the day before. I would guestimate that apple may update inventory today but its just a wild guess. Id say continue to check the apple store app.

brianld

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Seattle
They do both. Apple stores will update their inventory when they receive them. Yesterday seemed quiet as no stores in my area received any stock. They did receive a few the day before. I would guestimate that apple may update inventory today but its just a wild guess. Id say continue to check the apple store app.
Does the Apple website or app always show any available store inventory for pickup? Or do they hold some back for walk-ins?

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Anyone know at what point to track the flight of the Monday deliveries? How can we use FlightAware?

Last edited:

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
They already changed them a few months ago. They are well aware when a new device is coming out and start lowering the trade-ins for the previous devices far in advance of that.

This is just dumb. Obviously any shipping company is going to do everything it can to deliver stuff as soon as possible, as they need to get it done. They are not inventing reasons for a delay just to annoy you.
Actually Louisville was under a dense fog and it delayed landings due to low visibility, hence delayed the sort longer. It actually happens lol

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Well, where is your package? Still in ZhengZhou? UPS Flight 99 flies daily from INC ANC, not sure about the one coming out of ZhengZhou though.
Yeah it's still in ZhengZhou. The last scan was that it arrived at the facility at 5pm

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah it's still in ZhengZhou. The last scan was that it arrived at the facility at 5pm
What's your UPS delivery day? I think mine sat in ZhengZhou from Tuesday night until late Wednesday night. Then finally yesterday overnight it made its way to INC ANC SDF yesterday and SDF PHX in the middle of the night a few hours ago, and out for delivery today.

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
What's your UPS delivery day? I think mine sat in ZhengZhou from Tuesday night until late Wednesday night. Then finally yesterday overnight it made its way to INC ANC SDF yesterday and SDF PHX in the middle of the night a few hours ago, and out for delivery today.
My delivery date is Monday october 2nd.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I reveived two of the weather notifications. But got an Out For Delivery at 9:13 ....... so I expect to see it in a couple hours if it flows like most delivers to my business.
I think the weather delay notifications are just in case they screw it up! They are just covering their butt!

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Itā€™s not the weather at destination but weather in Louisville. A lone lighting strike within a certain mile radius of the hub will shut them down from unloading planes/tugs for at least 30 mins. Which in turn backs system up. Even though a delay, you should (as I see in your case) will still be delivered, just maybe later than normal/thought

Sorry but I do not think you have any ideas of what you are talking about! Save it for someone else who needs bad information!:p

• Haha
Reactions: surfzen21

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I think you will find that he works in the business and may know very well what he is talking about.

Sorry but I do not believe that a rat eating pizza in NYC has anything to do with a plane that is in the air from Louisville, on the way to Jacksonville could have any effect. There are times, even in the business, you know not what you are talking about!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.