Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

cbosdell

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2020
Another mechanical failure delay stuck in China here. My 15PM was supposed to be delivered yesterday but changed to mechanical failure on Wednesday morning and no updates since.

Oddly my wife's iPhone that had the same mechanical failure delay on Wednesday updated yesterday and is out for delivery today.

Last edited:
Reactions: gimmebeso

gimmebeso

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2023
Mine has been stuck on “clearance in progress” since the 4th. The progress says it has been released by the government agency but no other movement since then. Do you guys know how much longer it should be stuck there?
you'll probably get an update today! Mine was cleared by the gvt on 10/2 and then there wasn't any movement until 10/4. Even had a "mechanical failure" alert as well which I think is just a front for delays. It went from Zhengzhou > Incheon > Louisville > my local UPS and is about to be out for delivery. It's all by flight, especially if you're not located in or near Louisville.

wateroperator1776

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio
I got my shipment notification and tracking number this morning.
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max 512 GB Blue Ti
  • Ordered on apple.com on Sep 20
  • Card was charged Oct 5
  • Shipping notification and tracking sent Oct 6
  • Delivery set for Oct 10
  • Original delivery estimate Oct 19-26
Nice. Seems like the Apple orders come early, and the Verizon orders get pushed back, unfortunately for me I’m in the Verizon camp. Original delivery estimate 10/6, now it’s 10/27

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
Nice. Seems like the Apple orders come early, and the Verizon orders get pushed back, unfortunately for me I’m in the Verizon camp. Original delivery estimate 10/6, now it’s 10/27
I wonder if there is a delay in orders coming in to Verizon unless they are getting less stock originally estimated? Regardless I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully your phone comes sooner than later.

WOODYDOG1

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2023
Ordered on 9-24 ship date of 10-13 10-27. Hate the waiting game. Coming from years of android last iPhone was X have s22+ now.

Reactions: svish

dlm1113

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
A bit confused. Are you guys saying the wait times are way inflated now? Im looking at a Max Pro 15 256GB and the wait is still November according to Apple. I'm not in a huge hurry. So order today and what are we seeing?

Thanks!
I ordered on 10/1 and it says Arrives 11/14-21! I hope it won't be that long. I got a 15 PM 256gb in white.

Reactions: AppleWes

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Mine hasn't moved from Nov 13-20 since I ordered it on 9/22. (15PM Natural titanium 512G)

Has anyone else around those dates had their delivery dates moved closer? Or are we all destined to really wait until then?

LongBall14

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2023
I ended up doing a pick up order for 15 Plus yesterday and will be getting it tonight. I cancelled my order for 15 Pro Max. Every time I order a new iPhone, I can never hold resistance to picking one up unless I preordered for launch date. We’ll see if I like going to the plus from a pro max.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I ended up doing a pick up order for 15 Plus yesterday and will be getting it tonight. I cancelled my order for 15 Pro Max. Every time I order a new iPhone, I can never hold resistance to picking one up unless I preordered for launch date. We’ll see if I like going to the plus from a pro max.
I almost did that last year when I saw the Product (RED) 14 Plus. It was a “sear your eyeballs out of your head” red, and I loved it. Was hoping for a red 15 Pro Max this year.

Burg0147

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2023
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts,

My phone shipped. Tracking it with great enthusiasm. Original delivery was 10/09 to 10/16.

Now estimated delivery 10/6 (Friday). Exciting!

Anyone in the same timing/delivery?

Exciting Times!
Hey Gang - So after a missed shipment window on Monday, delayed Customs approval, 2 day mechanical failure delay, finally on a flight to Incheon! Got a surprise notification that my phone shipped through Anchorage, Louisville, to Seattle for a delivery of 10/6!!! Crazy, did not see that coming. Phone is on truck to be delivered. Enjoy!

Reactions: cbosdell

jatinShrivastava

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
Mine has been stuck on “clearance in progress” since the 4th. The progress says it has been released by the government agency but no other movement since then. Do you guys know how much longer it should be stuck there?
I have the same issue. At one point I was seeing the expected delivery on 10/06.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I have the same issue. At one point I was seeing the expected delivery on 10/06.
Now I see that it cleared customs and that it’s on its way for today but that was from 12:58pm. It is now 5pm says the same thing and supposedly I’m receiving it today by 7. I highly doubt that since it doesn’t even say it’s out for delivery just that it’s on its way for todays date as the delivery date

highdefjunkie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2010
Chicago
I wont get into all the issues I had on launch day with both Apple and AT&T. It was a total nightmare and I almost gave up ordering the damn thing. However, I finally was able to place a successful order on AT&T site on September 26th with an estimated ship date around Oct. 16th-24th. Next day I got an email that it shipped and it was delivered on the 28th. Go figure.

Sweet Pikake

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2015
Honolulu. Hawaii
Mine hasn't moved from Nov 13-20 since I ordered it on 9/22. (15PM Natural titanium 512G)

Has anyone else around those dates had their delivery dates moved closer? Or are we all destined to really wait until then?
you and I are on the same boat, I first went to Apple store on the 22nd of Sept., was told out of stock, came home, Apple Watch 9 was delivered. I ordered same specs as yours, Nov 13-20 ETA to the Apple store where I'll pick up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.