Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Shae548

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2023
I just called ups back they said the phone is STILL IN CHINA waiting to clear thru customs. I was asking y is it taking so long and she said she donā€™t know but itā€™s still in china all i can do is wait and keep checking for updates or call Apple.

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
I just called ups back they said the phone is STILL IN CHINA waiting to clear thru customs. I was asking y is it taking so long and she said she donā€™t know but itā€™s still in china all i can do is wait and keep checking for updates or call Apple.
I guess we'll be leaving China within the next day or two. It seems as the standard turn around was 2 or so days but lately it seems to be going longer but could be due to the mechanical failures or other issues I imagine.

Reactions: sudofrank

ActionFigures

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Got my 15 PM WT yesterday (Apple estimate was Oct 9th-16th), UPS just left it by the door lmao but luckily I work from home. Here's a pic of it next to the iPhone 5 l had laying in a drawer:

IMG_9347.jpeg

I haven't had any of the reported issues yet except phone calls sound extremely low unless it's on speaker or if u have headphones. It plays music loud as hell but phone calls are super low.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
I'm going to seriously judge my 15PM if it arrives and doesn't share its vacation photos and its selfies with everyones phones. Like they are all besties now!

It definitely seems like its been disorganized, but also a really bad launch too with issues plaguing the phone and so much more. I never got an iPhone so close to launch, and when I got my 14PM(xfinity mobile) it took me months after to get it due to the wait) but this is sounding more like a headache than normal. UPS seems to be struggling also with shipments unless its more of a logistics thing.

Heres to everyone getting their phones soon! We're in this together.
Seriously I think the phones have become sentient and now have wants needs and love. Well I hope they speed up their little vacay cuz us humans are getting sad. Haha. Keep us updated. āœŒļøšŸ‘

• Haha
Reactions: SyrOrange

Shae548

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2023
Got my 15 PM WT yesterday (Apple estimate was Oct 9th-16th), UPS just left it by the door lmao but luckily I work from home. Here's a pic of it next to the iPhone 5 l had laying in a drawer:

View attachment 2290844

I haven't had any of the reported issues yet except phone calls sound extremely low unless it's on speaker or if u have headphones. It plays music loud as hell but phone calls are super low

View attachment 2290844

I haven't had any of the reported issues yet except phone calls sound extremely low unless it's on speaker or if u have headphones. It plays music loud as hell but phone calls are super low.
How was your experience tracking it can you send us a screen shot

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US
I'm seeing my phone move through Shanghai, China right now according to UPS as well. Started in ZhengZhou like most others.

Last updated was yesterday "Your package has been released by the government agency.".

Still waiting to see a departure scan for flight tracking.

ActionFigures

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
How was your experience tracking it can you send us a screen shot
Np here u go mate, I cropped after the KY scan for safety reasons (was surprised it got here early even with the "mechanical failure") and I ordered it with the T Mobile option so I could skate around Apple removing the ability to buy it unlocked and pay interest free monthly with the Apple card:
IMG_9351.jpeg

Shae548

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2023
Np here u go mate, I cropped after the KY scan for safety reasons (was surprised it got here early even with the "mechanical failure") and I ordered it with the T Mobile option so I could skate around Apple removing the ability to buy it unlocked and pay interest free monthly with the Apple card:
View attachment 2290877
Same date my label was created same day origin scan so I donā€™t get it y I still canā€™t get mine as yet

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
View attachment 2290877
Interesting. Yours cleared export customs in Zhengzhou and went to Seoul, then Anchorage.

Mine started in Zhengzhou and then went to Shanghai where it was cleared (but no movement since).

I expect mine will go straight to Anchorage when it departs.

Attachments

• IMG_4483.jpeg
    IMG_4483.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: sudofrank

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US
Interesting. Yours cleared export customs in Zhengzhou and went to Seoul, then Anchorage.

Mine started in Zhengzhou and then went to Shanghai where it was cleared (but no movement since).

I expect mine will go straight to Anchorage when it departs.

Same situation here. Started in Zhengzhou and went to Shanghai where it was cleared, but has not moved since. Hoping it'll end up in Anchorage sometime this weekend.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
I just order a iPhone 15 Pro Max in Blue with 256 GB on October 1 - I hope my phone ships soon and it says it should arrive Oct 25 - 31 so it has been in processing all week and plus order a 2021 iMac since my old one Was getting slow and the arrival date for that is Oct. 26 to Nov 2 and I ordered they on Thursday of this week and itā€™s in processing also- that is the only I donā€™t like about getting a custom config iMac just takes so long- but I can understand about the iPhone 15 since itā€™s new and Apple dose not have stock. my Apple warehouse is in Clayto, In and I live in Zionsville- so if I order a item that is in stock I have it the next day

Last edited:
Reactions: Bkdodger and svish

Shae548

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2023
When do you think I will see my orders change to preaparing to ship?
To how mine is going Iā€™ll say never lol but who know maybe your one of the lucky ones maybe you will even get yours before me even tho I ordered mine from the 15 of September

Shae548

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2023
I feel like going to Samsung next year because this is ridiculous I donā€™t see y my phone should be stuck in china for days and days and to how things seems I think I have another week to go before I see any good progress. My tracking is stuck on:
Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery.
10/07/2023 6:23 PM
Zhengzhou, CN
So I know I ainā€™t getting it for now and it sucks to order on the 15 of September and people who order later than me be getting theirs so itā€™s not who comes first get first I think they just randomly sending ****

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
My phone delivery is estimated to be tomorrow again. Odd as they originally had that time and then removed it.

Currently my device is sitting quietly in Narita, JP. Departed Shanghai CN prior. I didn't think the shipments went through Japan but here we are.

Reactions: armandxp

Shae548

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2023
My phone delivery is estimated to be tomorrow again. Odd as they originally had that time and then removed it.

Currently my device is sitting quietly in Narita, JP. Departed Shanghai CN prior. I didn't think the shipments went through Japan but here we are.
Switch to Samsung lol

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
You're telling me Apple had a whole year to come up with a design and manufacture these iPhones in India or China and people's iPhones are still delayed until November? My 15 pro natural 128gb should be here by Oct 23-30

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
Switch to Samsung lol
Right before my phone shipped I was seriously debating the Pixel 8 Pro. As much as I dislike Android I figured having a solid flagship may correct that issue as most phones I had were lower tier/had horrible battery. Though my family is complete iPhone and i have a watch/airpods x2, and ipad pro and it makes no sense to leave the ecosystem.

However I feel like UPS is ditching me like a prom date.

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
You're telling me Apple had a whole year to come up with a design and manufacture these iPhones in India or China and people's iPhones are still delayed until November? My 15 pro natural 128gb should be here by Oct 23-30
I've always said this. Phone manufacturers ship knowing they do not have the stock to furfill pre-orders yet they could wait a few weeks and push them all together. I don't get their reasoning when people can walk into an apple/tmobile/att etc and get the iphone while people who preordered are waiting til late November. Its just madness. Preorders should be first, everything else secondary.

I get demand but holy crap if you know its going to be big, then focus on your flagship devices and the colors you think will be more popular to push demand. However I never imagined the white titanium to be as popular as it is due to last years white.

Shae548

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2023
Yeh Apple needs to do better like seriously as I been saying people who ordered later than me they got the iPhone already is like our iPhone just sitting on the track out of gas while others just be zooming pass

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Right before my phone shipped I was seriously debating the Pixel 8 Pro. As much as I dislike Android I figured having a solid flagship may correct that issue as most phones I had were lower tier/had horrible battery. Though my family is complete iPhone and i have a watch/airpods x2, and ipad pro and it makes no sense to leave the ecosystem.

However I feel like UPS is ditching me like a prom date.
here we go... first of all Samsung s23 ultra is a solid phone anyone says different is lying... it depends on where you want to be period BOTH PLATFORMS ORE AWESOME APPLE JUST NICKEL AND DIME YOU WITH UPGRADES AND CONVINCE YOU ALL THAT YOU ARE PROGRESSING FASTER THAN ANYONE ELSE JUST FACTS

Reactions: AeroSatan

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
Yeh Apple needs to do better like seriously as I been saying people who ordered later than me they got the iPhone already is like our iPhone just sitting on the track out of gas while others just be zooming pass
Vacationing is more or less the term I like to use. Seriously though I know how frustrating it can be though. I just feel like the whole pre-order thing is a joke when phones are randomly shipping.

Only thing that would make sense is if they got a shipment of Pro blue phones in and not Pro black for example and the GB. It seemed like the 512GB models were shipping faster but I imagine the demand was lesser than the standard 256GB Pro/PM.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
I've always said this. Phone manufacturers ship knowing they do not have the stock to furfill pre-orders yet they could wait a few weeks and push them all together. I don't get their reasoning when people can walk into an apple/tmobile/att etc and get the iphone while people who preordered are waiting til late November. Its just madness. Preorders should be first, everything else secondary.

I get demand but holy crap if you know itā€™s going to be big, then focus on your flagship devices and the colors you think will be more popular to push demand. However I never imagined the white titanium to be as popular as it is due to last years white.
This! The fact that you can walk into an Apple Store a Walmart a Best Buy and walk out with a phone seems wrong. We all waited in line via pre order and we are rewarded with no phone for weeks past launch. Apple Verizon and everyone really dropped the ball this year. Next time Iā€™ll just wait 3 years to upgrade instead of 2. Best of luck to all of us. I also ordered a 512 thinking and hoping it would ship faster boy was I wrong

Reactions: SyrOrange
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.