Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
No credit card hold and nothing in my UPS. I ordered at 8:15am eastern
iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb Silver

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
If ya'll are interested. The Verge just released their iPhone 11 reviews.

I never watch review videos from the Verge etc... but on a scale of 1-10, how good are those reviews? I usually watch MKBHD and some of the other tech youtubers.
[doublepost=1568735141][/doublepost]
No credit card hold and nothing in my UPS. I ordered at 8:15am eastern
iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb Silver
I'm sure most people will have something happen tonight/tomorrow or Thursday.

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
No hate coming from me. I really don't see this as the big deal that some do. I just like sharing info. Even if there's zero substance to glean from it.

If I had to get up at 3am this year I would have passed on the phone entirely. But I was able to call while getting ready for work so that's fine by me. I get it when I get it. No stress on my end about a phone showing up. The one I have still works.

I hope you get yours when you want and that it's what you hope it is.

Same here. I originally wasn't going to upgrade at all (well at least not yet) I thought I was on regular jump and was calling to see when the halfway point was as I was considering making the 11 a Christmas present to myself lol. Apparently back in May when I got the XR I was put on JOD (without me agreeing). That aside (which T-Mobile is working with me to resolve and make right), I went ahead and jumped to the new 11 128GB.

I was fully expecting the ship date to be next week which I was fine with. I would be fine if that was still the case but would like to see some movement on UPS to judge if I need to work from home on Friday or not.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Same here. I originally wasn't going to upgrade at all (well at least not yet) I thought I was on regular jump and was calling to see when the halfway point was (I was considering making the 11 a Christmas present to myself lol). Apparently back in May when I got the XR I was put on JOD (without me agreeing). That aside (which T-Mobile is working with me to resolve and make right), I went ahead and jumped to the new 11 128GB.

I was fully expecting the ship date to be next week which I was fine with. I would be fine if that was still the case but would like to see some movement on UPS to judge if I need to work from home on Friday or not.
Not being rude here, but I don't think anyone at T-Mobile would willingly put you on JOD. Most stores don't even act like JOD is a thing. Some will claim only budget phones is offered on JOD.
Plus when you looked over your contract didn't you see JOD on there? Or something related to leasing 18 months?

Also getting my Mom on JOD back when the iPhone 8 had launch was a pain, I had to walk outta three stores before getting a rep who finally caved and got her into it.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Not being rude here, but I don't think anyone at T-Mobile would willingly put you on JOD. Most stores don't even act like JOD is a thing. Some will claim only budget phones is offered on JOD.
Plus when you looked over your contract didn't you see JOD on there? Or something related to leasing 18 months?

The best way to start a new JOD from scratch is with T-Force on social media. After that, every time you wish to do a JoD upgrade, the store reps can’t play that game with you.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
The best way to start a new JOD from scratch is with T-Force on social media. After that, every time you wish to do a JoD upgrade, the store reps can’t play that game with you.
I wished I knew that then! lol. Pretty petty move by T-Mobile when its comes to JOD. I mean the phone prices on the Pro and the Pro Max seem in line with last year phones, but the down payment went up. I'm assuming most people with JOD use it as it is. So, when the $0 went away, It made JOD not worth it anymore.
I'm not understanding this non $0 down option on these phones. If the other carriers can do it, Why can't T-Mobile?

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I wished I knew that then! lol. Pretty petty move by T-Mobile when its comes to JOD. I mean the phone prices on the Pro and the Pro Max seem in line with last year phones, but the down payment went up. I'm assuming most people with JOD use it as it is. So, when the $0 went away, It made JOD not worth it anymore.
I paid nothing for my Xs Max when I got it in February of this year, yet I paid $275 for a 256, and was told the down payment for the 64GB was going to be $180. I mean I'm not going to complain about paying $38/mo vs. $40/mo but that still is kinda annoying they weren't up front with the fact they would charge money down this year.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009

Also getting my Mom on JOD back when the iPhone 8 had launch was a pain, I had to walk outta three stores before getting a rep who finally caved and got her into it.

I get it, thats what I thought too. When I did it, I had paid off the $300 and change I owed left on my OnePlus 6T (which I was turning around and selling elsewhere not to Tmobile). I asked for Jump when I got the XR, maybe the store clerk thought I asked for JOD, and it would explain why I literally didn't pay a thing (including tax). I had never been on JOD before but had been a long time since I was on Jump. I figured it was part of Jump at that time. I didn't ask and it would explain the higher cost.

Shame on me for not really looking into it more then or even after, I think I was probably too excited to be back on iPhone after being on Android for awhile.

It is what it is.

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
Does anyone see what they’re using for reference numbers on tracking? Mine is being delivered to the office, so it won’t show up on MyChoice. I’ll need to find it by tracking or reference number.

formerpc

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
I don’t see anything on UPS or T-Mobile, but there is a hold on my bank account. Looks like I might be getting mine on Friday!

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I don’t see anything on UPS or T-Mobile, but there is a hold on my bank account. Looks like I might be getting mine on Friday!
Same here. In my past experience, T-Mobile doesn't charge until they are ready to ship, or at the very least have a device allocated to you. This can be further confirmed by seeing if you have an IMEI assigned. My sister's 11 G 64GB was charged over the weekend, and her IMEI showed up yesterday. So I'm hoping my 11PM MG 256GB will be given an IMEI anywhere from tonight to Thursday. So if they're being allocated this early, I would have to make the assumption that they're getting them ready to sit in Louisville until Friday morning.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
I paid nothing for my Xs Max when I got it in February of this year, yet I paid $275 for a 256, and was told the down payment for the 64GB was going to be $180. I mean I'm not going to complain about paying $38/mo vs. $40/mo but that still is kinda annoying they weren't up front with the fact they would charge money down this year.
How did you pay nothing? I had paid $109 but got credited it back, based on a misinformed rep from twitter replying to someone stating that certain well qualified members would get it for $0 down.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Is anyone currently using iOS 13.1 Beta? I'm just wondering how's that gonna work with the new iPhones having iOS 13. Compared to the beta currently at 13.1?
[doublepost=1568734806][/doublepost]
Now when the iPhone gets 5G, I don't know if we'll need a new sim but who knows by then. I'm currently using E-Sim and have been for a while on this iPhone Xs Max.

I am on 13.1 beta. it will run nice on the iPhone 11

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
How did you pay nothing? I had paid $109 but got credited it back, based on a misinformed rep from twitter replying to someone stating that certain well qualified members would get it for $0 down.
I walked into a store and asked for the phone. They just sent me on my way with my phone. I thought it was strange that I was walking away with a brand new 1100 phone for nothing down XD

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
I get it, thats what I thought too. When I did it, I had paid off the $300 and change I owed left on my OnePlus 6T (which I was turning around and selling elsewhere not to Tmobile). I asked for Jump when I got the XR, maybe the store clerk thought I asked for JOD, and it would explain why I literally didn't pay a thing (including tax). I had never been on JOD before but had been a long time since I was on Jump. I figured it was part of Jump at that time. I didn't ask and it would explain the higher cost.

Shame on me for not really looking into it more then or even after, I think I was probably too excited to be back on iPhone after being on Android for awhile.

It is what it is.
I'd take JOD as it is tbh, because the EIP pricing is insane in my eyes. I paid almost the same amount down for the 512Gb Model that would get me the 64Gb Model on EIP.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
I never watch review videos from the Verge etc... but on a scale of 1-10, how good are those reviews? I usually watch MKBHD and some of the other tech youtubers.
[doublepost=1568735141][/doublepost]
I'm sure most people will have something happen tonight/tomorrow or Thursday.

I only watch reviews after I purchase and use the device myself. That way nothing is spoiled and I get to be awed for my first hands on. A little backwards I know... The verge is pretty solid with reviews. No compliant here. I’m sure the focus for them will be more on the pro series and not so much for the 11.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
I walked into a store and asked for the phone. They just sent me on my way with my phone. I thought it was strange that I was walking away with a brand new 1100 phone for nothing down XD
I wonder what the document said, Because if you pre-ordered the X at launch. Then you got it for $0 down, Then they changed it to $80 I think or so? Which we figured was gonna happen.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
I only watch reviews after I purchase and use the device myself. That way nothing is spoiled and I get to be awed for my first hands on. A little backwards I know... The verge is pretty solid with reviews. No compliant here. I’m sure the focus for them will be more on the pro series and not so much for the 11.
I'll watch it in a few. I used to watch unbox therapy, because of the weird stuff he would unbox and show. It just got old honestly watching him dog this or that, then stating he's switching to this phone! Or that phone! Or, I'm a Android person whos gonna switch to the new iPhone.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
I'll watch it in a few. I used to watch unbox therapy, because of the weird stuff he would unbox and show. It just got old honestly watching him dog this or that, then stating he's switching to this phone! Or that phone! Or, I'm a Android person whos gonna switch to the new iPhone.

I am a solid fan of "everythingapplepro" I like unbox too, but sometimes its boring with the dramatic speaking

Reactions: dkinley1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.