Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
So, You think we'll just have to install the beta profile and update to 13.1? I also love EAP, He makes good content.

Yah you will have to install IOS 13.1 on your iPhone. You wont be able to restore your iCloud without 13.1 installed on the iPhone 11.

EAP makes great content.

rqchetvision

macrumors member
May 26, 2015
4330a46ee0c4129a13503d8f50c0e5fb.jpg

Charged; however, no IMEI or UPS update

Reactions: nateatlarge

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
I am a solid fan of "everythingapplepro" I like unbox too, but sometimes its boring with the dramatic speaking

I assume you mean Unbox Therapy? Not a big fan, hes got an android slant and clearly isn't a fan of Apple.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Yep. He'll make a video stating he's switching to the new iPhone. Then somehow will find ways to dog it. lol

Exactly. Honestly bendgate (that he really helped to push with his bending videos) soured me on him. Did the 6 have issues with bending? Yes but he blew it out of proportion and made it clear he isn't an Apple fan just someone who wants to dog on it when he can and when it'll get him views/subscribers.

Reactions: nateatlarge

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Exactly. Honestly bendgate (that he really helped to push with his bending videos) soured me on him. Did the 6 have issues with bending? Yes but he blew it out of proportion and made it clear he isn't an Apple fan just someone who wants to dog on it when he can and when it'll get him views/subscribers.
JerryRig is interesting too if you like seeing how things hold up to abuse, but his iPad Pro video soured me. Of course a 12.9 inch tablet is going to snap in half. Plus his incessant complaining about the headphone jack is getting very old, along with his spec-oriented nature that bashes anything Apple makes.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
JerryRig is interesting too if you like seeing how things hold up to abuse, but his iPad Pro video soured me. Of course a 12.9 inch tablet is going to snap in half. Plus his incessant complaining about the headphone jack is getting very old, along with his spec-oriented nature that bashes anything Apple makes.
I used to watch videos on stuff like that. But other then the standard drop test that EAP does, I don't care for the rest. Its like when Techrax (Did I spell it right?) used to do just dumb stuff. Lets see how long this iPhone can last in lava or do you think this iPhone can withstand being cooked?!

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I used to watch videos on stuff like that. But other then the standard drop test that EAP does, I don't care for the rest. Its like when Techrax (Did I spell it right?) used to do just dumb stuff. Lets see how long this iPhone can last in lava or do you think this iPhone can withstand being cooked?!
I liked JerryRig cause he was at least methodical. He did mostly things your phone would actually be subject to.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
I liked JerryRig cause he was at least methodical. He did mostly things your phone would actually be subject to.

And at least you know what you are getting into. I'm not a fan of JerryRig because of how he presents it but it's clear what he's doing. Unbox is candy coated hate for Apple (if that makes sense).

I miss 'Will It Blend', they stopped making videos a year ago :(. Not sure why.

fusionneo

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
So out of curiosity, where is everyone seeing these IMEI numbers? I got charged this morning but not sure of where to find the IMEI.

EDIT: Charged around 9:00 AM EST. iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB Midnight Green. Ordered at 7:52AM EST.

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

fusionneo

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
Thanks for the quick response guys! No IMEI on my end. I'm on EIP.

I expect the IMEI will show up in a few hours. Sadly I won't be able to track it since I sent the phone to my store (which is, conveniently, a retail carrier store.) Hoping this means I'll get it day of release very early in the morning.

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I was done on the phone with 40mins of it going live. I had to my Moms first, then the rep took forever to switch and do my account.
Maybe my IMEI will be on by tonight. My email saying my order was finalized was sent at 8:44am. What about yours, and what's your shipping date?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.