Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Question for everyone who received a tracking number, and got an email that your device has been shipped, and see your IMEI, for those people, has your ups tracking number changed from "Order Processed"?

I was on the phone with a rep and a supervisor, who both told me that, although I received the shipment email from tmobile, on 9/16/19, and it shows a tracking number and imei number on my account, and it shows that my device was shipped on "My Tmobile", that my device was NOT shipped yet, and wasn't even processed yet. I asked him how is this possible, so the supervisor told me that I wouldn't get the device until around 9/24/19.

Last edited:

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
You should pull over and ask for directions. Seems like you’re lost.
Sorry, I meant to corroborate this with my earlier theory that Apple is using UPS for their main shipments this year, and that's causing a meltdown on UPS's end. Since I'm seeing movement from Apple it might be a sign that things are starting to clear up and we should be seeing more activity as the day goes on

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
What a time to take the forum down.

Anyhow, was able to locate both tracking numbers in UPS My choice by adding the relevant phone numbers as package identifiers. Popped right up. Both. Even the one T-Mobile says ships 9/21-24. Still showing waiting for UPS but I didn’t see movement last time until 2am and everything arrived on time.

Ordered two 11 Pro 256, midnight green, 5:05 and 5:55am on pre-order day.

Thank you. Was able to get my tracking information by adding my number to my shipping address as well! Says order processed and ready for UPS since 9/16.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Anyhow, was able to locate both tracking numbers in UPS My choice by adding the relevant phone numbers as package identifiers. Popped right up. Both. Even the one T-Mobile says ships 9/21-24. Still showing waiting for UPS but I didn’t see movement last time until 2am and everything arrived on time.

Thank you for this. Somehow, even though UPS My Choice has always worked for me before, it didn't list my phone number or email address as "package identifiers". Once I added those in, I'm showing a package from TMobile, although it's just "Ready for UPS" and no scheduled date yet.

Reactions: Elefanta

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
How to find your IMEI
  1. Log into your Tmobile account.
  2. click on Bill at the top
  3. scroll down and click on Equipment Installment Plans
  4. scroll down and you should see your preordered iPhone if it's been added.
  5. click on the newly added phone to see the details and the IMEI number

Oh thanks! Yay I have an IMEI but it’s showing as a red iPhone 11 not purple lol

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Question for everyone who received a tracking number, and got an email that your device has been shipped, and see your IMEI, for those people, has your ups tracking number changed from "Order Processed"?

I was on the phone with a rep and a supervisor, who both told me that, although I received the shipment email from tmobile, on 9/16/19, and it shows a tracking number and imei number on my account, and it shows that my device was shipped on "My Tmobile", that my device was NOT shipped yet, and wasn't even processed yet. I asked him how is this possible, so the supervisor told me that I wouldn't get the device until around 9/24/19.
Just wait until tomorrow. No sense freaking out yet. If it’s 9/20 and your tracking number has no origin scan then you can freak out. Talking to anybody from T-mobile will just put you on edge because they have no idea what’s going on either. Just let the process work.

Reactions: 4sallypat

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
So.... I ordered the 64 GB Space Gray Pro on Tuesday morning. I was charged Tuesday evening. Ship date 9/21-9/24. No IMEI, no tracking. So I figure, okay, while I was hoping for the best, I'm not getting this phone tomorrow.

But right now, this very minute, you can go on T-Mobile's site and order the exact same phone with a shipping date of 9/20!

What the hell?

Okay, 90 minutes later, I feel a lot better about this order. I now see my phone under my EIP plans, I have an IMEI, and status is "active-shipped." Still no tracking via UPS, but hey, there's some activity at least!

Reactions: macbookguy

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Okay, 90 minutes later, I feel a lot better about this order. I now see my phone under my EIP plans, I have an IMEI, and status is "active-shipped." Still no tracking via UPS, but hey, there's some activity at least!
I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping to wake up to tracking tomorrow if something doesn't happen today.

versifiercsvt

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014

Yikes. All I've been seeing on my credit card and my.Tmobile site:

9/14 - order being processed as per Tmobile site

9/16 - TMobile $60 hold on my Credit card

9/17 - Entire charge reflected pending on my Credit card

9/18 - Tmobile site account history showing "Promo XXXXX has been applied to Midnight Green Pro/64GB" plus what looks like an IMEI number(15 digits).

Yet, my shipping estimate still shows 9/25 - 10/1. I tried the UPS track by reference number, using my phone number and nothing doing there. Bummer.

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
Everyone must be getting next day shipping. Otherwise nobody would get their order tomorrow unless they paid for the upgraded shipping (which T-Mobile didn’t want to sell this year).

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping to wake up to tracking tomorrow if something doesn't happen today.

You'll like this, then: within the last few minutes, my order popped up on UPS with a delivery date of tomorrow! For an order with "ships 9/21-9/24!" I am very happy with this latest development.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

9/18 - Tmobile site account history showing "Promo XXXXX has been applied to Midnight Green Pro/64GB" plus what looks like an IMEI number(15 digits).

Yet, my shipping estimate still shows 9/25 - 10/1. I tried the UPS track by reference number, using my phone number and nothing doing there. Bummer.
If you’ve been charged you’re getting it tomorrow.

Reactions: 4sallypat

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
You'll like this, then: within the last few minutes, my order popped up on UPS with a delivery date of tomorrow! For an order with "ships 9/21-9/24!" I am very happy with this latest development.
Indeed I will. It gives me hope things will rapidly accelerate in movement over the next 24 hours.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just wait until tomorrow. No sense freaking out yet. If it’s 9/20 and your tracking number has no origin scan then you can freak out. Talking to anybody from T-mobile will just put you on edge because they have no idea what’s going on either. Just let the process work.

Wasn't "freaking out", just asked if anyone else is in a similar situation, where they have NOT seen any movement via UPS, and mentioned what happened when I simply called Tmobile to understand the status.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Everyone must be getting next day shipping. Otherwise nobody would get their order tomorrow unless they paid for the upgraded shipping (which T-Mobile didn’t want to sell this year).
2nd day air doesn’t mean it will automatically take 2 days. It just means the package is guaranteed to get to you within 2 days. It can take less.

Reactions: seinman

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Interesting, I'm confused now by what Tmobile is doing. My Tmobile account says "shipped", but no longer shows a shipping or delivery date or date range.

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
2nd day air doesn’t mean it will automatically take 2 days. It just means the package is guaranteed to get to you within 2 days. It can take less.

True, but the description on their website says 2-3 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.