Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm very confused by the shipping weights lol. I was charged on the 15th for the 11, and the 17th for the Pro Max. IMEI assigned the 16th for the 11 and the 18th for the Pro Max. I hope things catch up soon, or I'm probably looking at not getting the phone until Monday which really annoys me, given the 2 day pattern here.

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
True, but the description on their website says 2-3 days.
It's better for the shipping provider to say 2-3 days to give them a cushion.
My friend who is UPS regional manager says that these 2 day phones will most likely get delivered alongside 1 day phones as they are in the same "Air" routing.
UPS builds in that extra day or 2 in case there is an unexpected delay.

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Seems like there are a lot of people that seem to have everything in place (charges, IMEI, assorted notifications. 9/20 delivery date) but yet still have no tracking info (including myself).
I really don't see any reason why, when you have all of that, the phone won't show up tomorrow.
My guess is that tracking info is just not being updated due to such a high volume of activity.
I have all of that but a 9/21-9/24 delivery. I would assume I could get it tomorrow but I will feel a lot better once I have 2 T-Mobile entries in My Choice

piojispink

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
It won't. You're fine. I know it can be scary to see the yellow alert but if it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, it will be available for pickup tomorrow.

I have mine scheduled for pickup as well.
[automerge]1568900506[/automerge]

You're good then. It's coming tomorrow. Don't sweat it.
OMG thanks! I just wished I had the package already to redirect for pick up at UPS location instead of home delivery, what If I'm not there?

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
UPS MC app says it's still in Anchorage, AK as of yesterday morning (I have 2 phones on order - T Mobile & Apple Store)

The other forum (Apple Store) says people are just now getting updated KY scans.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Seems like there are a lot of people that seem to have everything in place (charges, IMEI, assorted notifications. 9/20 delivery date) but yet still have no tracking info (including myself).
I really don't see any reason why, when you have all of that, the phone won't show up tomorrow.
My guess is that tracking info is just not being updated due to such a high volume of activity.

See that's somewhat me. I have tracking in UPS MyChoice it's just not moving at all. It still stuck in "Ready for UPS"

Reactions: formerpc

NotSoSuper

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Finally got my origin scan!

Attachments

• E9553B40-EEDF-4755-A4D2-770BCC4F3338.jpeg
    E9553B40-EEDF-4755-A4D2-770BCC4F3338.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 83

vbrad26

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2010
See that's somewhat me. I have tracking in UPS MyChoice it's just not moving at all. It still stuck in "Ready for UPS"

Yeah and to me, there is no reason why it should just be sitting around. Especially when there are people with delivery dates past Friday that are now getting updates saying their delivery has been moved up.
Things are definitely in motion, it may just be taking awhile for tracking updates to catch up.

jh851

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
people are getting way to technical with weights lol be glad it's at least making moves...

anyone order after 9/13 get any tracking?

Last edited:

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Yeah and to me, there is no reason why it should just be sitting around. Especially when there are people with delivery dates past Friday that are now getting updates saying their delivery has been moved up.
Things are definitely in motion, it may just be taking awhile for tracking updates to catch up.

Ya the concerns is Tmobile tells me 9/20 (its a 128GB Red 11 so not the really popular ones). You'd think id get some tracking when folks who showed dates past mine are getting UPS scans and delivery for tomorrow. I'm sure it'll come I'm just impatient lol.

That and I need to see if I can get it held at the hub for pickup tomorrow morning without a delay. If not then I'm going to have to work from home. I don't trust UPS to take it to my apt's leasing office to be signed and dropped off. If I work from home tomorrow its just more logistics on my end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.