Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Seems that TMobile's system must have somehow glitched out, because these phones are being shipped to first name only. That breaks the linking to UPS My Choice, because they require first and last name. The shipment just says it has "limited options because the address does not match your UPS MY Choice profile". Further - this is why many of us never had the packages show up on UPS My Choice, even though all my shipments normally do. There's no last name, so it doesn't work. It just so happens to be able to find them with the linking info of the phone number in limited fashion.

piojispink

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Seems that TMobile's system must have somehow glitched out, because these phones are being shipped to first name only. That breaks the linking to UPS My Choice, because they require first and last name. The shipment just says it has "limited options because the address does not match your UPS MY Choice profile".
OMG That's the same issue I am having

piojispink

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Seems that TMobile's system must have somehow glitched out, because these phones are being shipped to first name only. That breaks the linking to UPS My Choice, because they require first and last name. The shipment just says it has "limited options because the address does not match your UPS MY Choice profile". Further - this is why many of us never had the packages show up on UPS My Choice, even though all my shipments normally do. There's no last name, so it doesn't work. It just so happens to be able to find them with the linking info of the phone number in limited fashion.

It it automatically blocks the rerouting options

foxcrane

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2013
Does anyone else have a "Shipping Date: 2019-09-20" but no indication of shipping in the T-Mobile app? It's not showing up in UPS My Choice, but if that's due to the last name missing, that would make sense.

IMG_0126.PNG

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
So I'm probably going to just rely on the iCloud backup to have a fresh install of iOS on my 11 but still have a backup of all my apps and their placement etc.

That doesn't mess with Activity info right? Want to keep that going (since I have the S4 Apple Watch)

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Ok my phone isn’t showing up on my ups my choice because of the lack of info: name, phone, address, etc.

I want to have it kept at the hub but I have no way of doing this. This has never happened in the past. ?
[automerge]1568909714[/automerge]
Same issue here except mine doesn’t even have a name. Just city and state.

HansSolo1911

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2015
Ok my phone isn’t showing up on my ups my choice because of the lack of info: name, phone, address, etc.

I want to have it kept at the hub but I have no way of doing this. This has never happened in the past. ?

I just received my shipping info, and you are right, all that it shows is the City its going to, everything else is missing. No idea how its going to get to me without an address. Very Odd.

Reactions: haileyscomet

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
It's because they didn't put a last name on the package. You can confirm this by looking at the UPS My Choice, it will just say JANE instead of JANE DOE. The UPS system is apparently so primitive that this causes it to break the linking.
I’ve tried everything, nothing helps. I can try calling ups maybe they can help?

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
I’ve tried everything, nothing helps. I can try calling ups maybe they can help?

Sadly no, UPS cannot help. Their system is completely ass-backwards and there is no way to fix this problem. Their only suggestion is to "contact T-Mobile and have them regenerate a shipping label that has a first and last name" lol. Completely laughable.

Reactions: haileyscomet

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Sadly no, UPS cannot help. Their system is completely ass-backwards and there is no way to fix this problem. Their only suggestion is to "contact T-Mobile and have them regenerate a shipping label that has a first and last name" lol. Completely laughable.
Wouldn’t generating a new shipping label delay the delivery?

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Finally, got updated by all 3: T Mobile, UPS MC, and Apple Store. Both phones are in KY. Should be interesting to see if both phones go the same route from KY or if the T Mobile phone goes thru their hub in IN???

MtwuGX.jpg

mathiasinthe314

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Saint Louis, Missouri
After long last - finally updated with my origin scan. Getting my Red 11 64Gb tomorrow. I ordered it on Sunday afternoon, pleasantly surprised to get in on launch day.

Wasn’t going to upgrade from my two year old X, but it took a swim a month ago and started acting up last weekend. :(

Attachments

• 34B24B64-7896-4FE6-9906-F0BCC628693D.jpeg
    34B24B64-7896-4FE6-9906-F0BCC628693D.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 98

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Wouldn’t generating a new shipping label delay the delivery?

It's just a complete nonsense answer, essentially they are saying reship the package with the last name on it. The phone is already sent. TMobile is going to have no clue what you are talking about if you actually tried to call them about this. The problem is UPS' procedures are brainless - it should be very easy for them to manually link the package to your My Choice when it's blatantly ***** clear that the last name is only missing due to some system error. There's no logical reason on the planet that this should be some irreconcilable problem.

Reactions: seinman

piojispink

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
It's just a complete nonsense answer, essentially they are saying reship the package with the last name on it. The phone is already sent. TMobile is going to have no clue what you are talking about if you actually tried to call them about this. The problem is UPS' procedures are brainless - it should be very easy for them to manually link the package to your My Choice when it's blatantly ***** clear that the last name is only missing due to some system error. There's no logical reason on the planet that this should be some irreconcilable problem.

There is no logic in UPS logistics, lol

Reactions: Zorn

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm sure the labels do have first and last names on them but for some reason they're not linking to My Choice.

Has anybody that had this issue tried requesting a hold for pickup over the phone?

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I'm sure the labels do have first and last names on them but for some reason they're not linking to My Choice.

Has anybody that had this issue tried requesting a hold for pickup over the phone?
IF you want it held at UPS customer counter before it gets a delivery attempt, contact the UPS International dept before it gets to the local hub: 800-782-7892

Do NOT try to get it held at UPS Store - it will get delayed an extra day.

DADDYDC650

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Tmobile doesn’t leave the package on your doorstep? When I had Sprint years ago they always needed a signature but T-Mobile always leaves the phone at the door whether there’s cars in the driveway or not.

Hopefully they leave the phone for you!
I honestly don’t remember tbh. Either way, UPS sometimes doesn’t bother and skips deliveries. Weird because i live next to San Francisco so it’s not out of their way...

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
IF you want it held at UPS customer counter before it gets a delivery attempt, contact the UPS International dept before it gets to the local hub: 800-782-7892

Do NOT try to get it held at UPS Store - it will get delayed an extra day.

Does that even work. Mine had the shipped from KY, shows it in transit now. I tried to set it to my hub and get an error saying they can't.

Don't want to call and be on a long hold if its just going to be the same thing.

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
I honestly don’t remember tbh. Either way, UPS sometimes doesn’t bother and skips deliveries. Weird because i live next to San Francisco so it’s not out of their way...

I’ve had terrible luck with UPS for preorders. They won’t leave the phone if nobody is home, so last year I worked from home the day of delivery. Doorbell never rang and I was told it was a missed delivery. This year I’m having it delivered to my office. No excuses for them anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.