Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Got an email that a delivery attempt was made today and thought I missed getting the phone early lol. UPS says it’s still in Kentucky. Probably because of next day air saver but Apple won’t let the phones deliver till 9/20

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
For those people who are opting to have the package left on their doorstep, T-Mobile is notorious for shipping the phones in boxes that scream "steal me". I wouldn't risk it myself.

I think last year they shipped in normal brown boxes but the year before that they were shipped in all black boxes that were bright magenta on the inside and you could easily see the magenta without even opening the box.

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
At my customer center it usually takes them about an hour to bring all the packages to the front for customers. Also, there's usually alot of people waiting once it opens so everybody just ends up hanging around until the packages are brought up.

I will show up a couple hours after opening.
Yea, I remember doing it once a few years ago, wasn’t awful, but was a wait. I just hate waiting around all day for delivery.
UPS app won’t let me change delivery anyway. Guess I’ll just be looking out my window all day

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
It will simply not let me have it held at the hub.

So I did a confirmed delivery window. Their expected was 11:45 to 3:45, the confirmed one was 11:45 to 1:45 (two hour instead of 4 hour window). Probably not really worth the 8 bucks but it'll give me the ability to go into the office tomorrow work for most of the day then head home for lunch to finish from home.

The peace of mind knowing I'm there for sure when its supposed to be delivered to me is worth it.

Reactions: haileyscomet

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Did your order give you the option to change delivery? I just tried and it won’t allow me to change delivery....I’m guessing this has to do with the whole name and shipping fiasco
Ya I couldn’t personally change delivery or any of that. I had to call and they set it up to be held at a hub. T-Mobile claims they’re hiding names and home addresses for security purposes, but I’ve personally never experienced that until now. I get the security reason, but I have no control over my own package in My Choice.

Reactions: born2runak

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
Anyone move from "origin scan" yet?

Not likely for a few more hours. The departure scans will come in as the flights depart, and in previous years that started late afternoon EDT. I used FlightAware to look at UPS flights from Louisville to Philadelphia (where mine is going) and the next flight departs at 3:30 PM EDT.

Reactions: boshii

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
If you’ve received an origin scan that means your package has been loaded on a flight. Go on FlightAware and look for flights departing SDF and arriving to your city. Should be on that flight.

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
So my T Mobile phone is at KY but is being sent to IN before it comes to me.
While my other phone I got at the same time from the Apple store is also in KY and coming direct to me.

Why ???

Reactions: haileyscomet

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
A flight leaves there in a couple hours (if my status changes in the next few I'll know mine is on that one) the next one after that is 3:30 in the morning and it lands at 3:30 here (thank you DST) I suspect mine is on the later still at 3:30 in the morning and a expected original delivery of 11:45 to 3:45 (now till 1:45 since I did a confirmed delivery) that sounds about right.

Last edited:

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
For anyone in the Los Angeles area:
I see two flights arriving today at LAX in 1hr and another in 12hrs.
For BUR, there’s flights landing in 1hr and 12hrs.
For ONT, there’s one landing in less than 10min, another 2hrs, 11hrs, and 12hrs.

Hope this helped so any SoCal people.

Iphonepromax

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
Lots of flights going to the Oakland airport. Guess that’s the closest to me. Some land at 5 in the morning tomorrow but some are landing in 15 minutes. Hope I’m on the early ones

Mantahoe

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2014
New York, NY
Me running to my porch to wait for the UPS guy tomorrow. No failed delivery attempts here buddy.

C5F166A6-2F83-4F38-8522-20A5ADE3FD35-1878-000000890FC8690F.gif

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Got an email that a delivery attempt was made today and thought I missed getting the phone early lol. UPS says it’s still in Kentucky. Probably because of next day air saver but Apple won’t let the phones deliver till 9/20

Yep, I got an email from T-mobile saying the same thing about 30 min ago, smh

Reactions: cswx

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Just called UPS to confirm my confirmed delivery request.

Not only can they not confirm they can even do that request, they can't even promise their original expected window will happen due to all the deliveries for the phones tomorrow.

smdh

Last edited:

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Just called UPS to confirm my confirmed delivery request.

Not only can they not confirm they can even do that request, they can't even promise their original expected window will happen due to all the deliveries for the phones tomorrow.

smdh
Wow. Can you get your money back?

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Wow. Can you get your money back?

Supposedly it doesn't charge unless it goes within that window. I do have a pending charge, so I assume if it doesn't hit within the window tomorrow I'll be refunded or if it hasn't posted they'll clear it. If neither happens then I'll call and sort it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.