Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrAperture

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA
I just got a text from Tmo saying my iPhone 11 has shipped. This probably means the phone is in their possession after coming over from Apple/UPS. I ordered iPhone 11 Black 64GB on Saturday afternoon.

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
It's just a complete nonsense answer, essentially they are saying reship the package with the last name on it. The phone is already sent. TMobile is going to have no clue what you are talking about if you actually tried to call them about this. The problem is UPS' procedures are brainless - it should be very easy for them to manually link the package to your My Choice when it's blatantly ***** clear that the last name is only missing due to some system error. There's no logical reason on the planet that this should be some irreconcilable problem.
Ok so I called UPS and they’re holding it at the hub so tomorrow I’ll pick it up after I pick up my son from school. *crosses fingers*

jh851

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
So I’m a little in shock..
Business JOD customers here,
ordered a Pro Max 512gb Midnight Green barely on Tue 9/17 and just got charged yesterday and ups my choice shipped today.

Delivery estimate was 10/2-10/25

needless to say I’m happy!
wow lucky! i got an order in on tuesday as well ... charge pending almost immediately after . no updates as of yet, still on "pre-order", is your status changed? delivery estimate for mine is 9/21-9/24

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
IF you want it held at UPS customer counter before it gets a delivery attempt, contact the UPS International dept before it gets to the local hub: 800-782-7892

Do NOT try to get it held at UPS Store - it will get delayed an extra day.

Just did this so hopefully it works!

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Just received notification from ups that my package will be delivered tomorrow.
JOD 256 midnight pro Max. Didn’t pay for overnight shipping either.

ordered 30 minutes into preorder

royce73

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2019
Finally...?

Attachments

• 5BB2483B-FDE4-4577-B976-5C30972C676E.jpeg
    5BB2483B-FDE4-4577-B976-5C30972C676E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
Reactions: fryfrkhlly

jh851

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
Update! Just got my shipping confirmation via text and in mytmobile, updated with tracking number!
Earlier this morning, there was no IMEI, still stuck on "pre-order" status, no ups choice, scheduled to be delivered tomorrow on launch day. I got the Iphone 11 green 256 gb ordered tuesday night - there's hope for everyone!

BucsTom

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2015
Tampa Area
Just changed my delivery to "Hold for Pickup" at the UPS Customer Center.

Glad this forum is back up, not good timing for an upgrade... MacRumors Dark Mode is good.

Last edited:

big kraut

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
It's not showing in mychoice for me either. I'm trying to add my phone # in package matching, but keep getting an error on ups.com
I had the IMEI all week but wasn't sure it would ship until I got the text this morning. On track for tomorrow!

Reactions: haileyscomet

Mantahoe

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2014
New York, NY
My ships by 9/20 just changed to 9/19. I ordered around 3pm on 9/17. I believe most will get their phones by tomorrow. From what it looks like, either Apple upped their stock this year or demand is not as high as it was in previous years or as we "believe" it is.
[automerge]1568914616[/automerge]
My ships by 9/20 just changed to 9/19. I ordered around 3pm on 9/17. I believe most will get their phones by tomorrow. From what it looks like, either Apple upped their stock this year or demand is not as high as it was in previous years or as we "believe" it is.

Just received my email that it has shipped...

big kraut

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
[automerge]1568914616[/automerge]

Just received my email that it has shipped...
Apparently pre-order demand is up significantly from last year - 480% by one report. My guess is they had more stock ready to go plus are deliberately eating into store stock to fulfill preorders. There was another post that said T-Mobile is moving up delivery times because they got more stock from Apple than anticipated.

Lmorris96

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2013
wow lucky! i got an order in on tuesday as well ... charge pending almost immediately after . no updates as of yet, still on "pre-order", is your status changed? delivery estimate for mine is 9/21-9/24
Mine just changed to ship. Can’t believe it had a quote of 10/2-10/25 and I’m getting it tomorrow!

Reactions: jh851

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
For those that have picked up at a UPS hub center, is the package normally available first thing when they open? Cause if I took the chance of calling for pick up, I would like to be there first thing

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Check your tracking. It should show a delivery exception and say you requested a hold for pickup.
Just checked; says delivery change requested: hold for pickup

:):):)
[automerge]1568915769[/automerge]
For those that have picked up at a UPS hub center, is the package normally available first thing when they open? Cause if I took the chance of calling for pick up, I would like to be there first thing
For the iPhone 8 launch I picked up my 8 Plus at the hub. It was available first thing in the morning, I just couldn’t pick it up until the afternoon. No lines back then. Just need ID :)
[automerge]1568915836[/automerge]
Got my tracking. Had 9/21-9/24. But it doesn't show up in mychoice either, calling to see if I can pick it up!
That’s what I did! :)

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
At my customer center it usually takes them about an hour to bring all the packages to the front for customers. Also, there's usually alot of people waiting once it opens so everybody just ends up hanging around until the packages are brought up.

I will show up a couple hours after opening.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
We weren't going to upgrade this year, but DH and DD have iPhone 7 so I figure this is the last year that we'll get a significant trade in offer for them. So, DD is getting my XR, DH is getting a 128gb iPhone 11 - yellow and I'm getting a 128gb iPhone 11 - purple. Sadly, we didn't decide to order until 9/17 (the first time I've ever not ordered my iPhone on pre-order day! yikes) and we have 10/9-10/25 for the purple and 10/2-10/25 for the yellow. I'm getting some hope of these getting bumped up per the experiences in the thread, but have no illusions it would be tomorrow. So, I hope everyone has fun with their new phones tomorrow :)

DADDYDC650

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I’ve had terrible luck with UPS for preorders. They won’t leave the phone if nobody is home, so last year I worked from home the day of delivery. Doorbell never rang and I was told it was a missed delivery. This year I’m having it delivered to my office. No excuses for them anymore.
Same experience. Hope we both get our phones on time this year.

Peen

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2017
Had to cancel my order last night since T-mo screwed up, and re-order Pro Max Green 512GB. Still shows 9/20 ship, but no charge, no IMEI and still says Pre-order.

Anyone have any luck just going to T-mobile in AM and just picking one up and cancel pre-order?

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Just checked; says delivery change requested: hold for pickup

:):):)
[automerge]1568915769[/automerge]

For the iPhone 8 launch I picked up my 8 Plus at the hub. It was available first thing in the morning, I just couldn’t pick it up until the afternoon. No lines back then. Just need ID :)
[automerge]1568915836[/automerge]

That’s what I did! :)

Did your order give you the option to change delivery? I just tried and it won’t allow me to change delivery....I’m guessing this has to do with the whole name and shipping fiasco

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.