Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
We're not living in normal times though just now, so I don't see what it benefits Apple by holding anything back.

The more I look at the price of a 16GB, quad core MBA, with no TouchBar, I think I've found my new laptop, regardless of what the new MBP brings.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Man, are we in for a massive let down?
Well the time for it has come and gone so I guess so D: They must be having a good laugh over there in Cupertino!
emyhj.jpg

tsukeyomi

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
I knew it. Massive letdown. Y I trusted the hopes this community created in me. Go home peeps, nothing to see here

kitenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Leeds, UK
Surely nobody would ever buy the current low end 13" Macbook Pro with the new Air available?

I've seen a few "well informed" folk say no more announcements this week, how long will the 13" MBP live on!!

Useless Touchbar

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2020
After years of wait, the Apple Mac lineup finally makes sense once the new 14" is out.

Current base 13" MBP is such a terrible deal right now though. 128GB SSD, 8th gen processor (does it even beat the 10th gen Y series on the new 2020 MBA??) and scam keyboard. Cmon Apple, give us the new MBP we need and deserve

Reactions: Enerccio

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Surely nobody would ever buy the current low end 13" Macbook Pro with the new Air available?

I've seen a few "well informed" folk say no more announcements this week, how long will the 13" MBP live on!!
The shipping dates for it have now pinged back in line with the other non update models after mirroring the Air and iPad Pro so looks like that's right. But yeah the new MBA makes it a very poor option!

Enerccio

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2020
I am sure they have to update MPB soon because 128gb base model is much more expensive due to 64GB nand getting rare and expensive

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
So they keep the butterfly in their lineup for a few months longer, um..k
It's ok, they've stopped calling it that (now it's just called 'full sized backlit keyboard') problem solved!

Mac133

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2020
This actually have some logic behind it since a lot videographers and photographers as myself are buying pro because of better display. People who desperately need new macbook for photo business will buy current mbp 13. Even I would buy one now if I needed it for paid work, but as I hobbyst I can wait couple of weeks/months even though I really was looking to see one today :(

Enerccio

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2020
This actually have some logic behind it since a lot videographers and photographers as myself are buying pro because of better display. People who desperately need new macbook for photo business will buy current mbp 13. Even I would buy one now if I needed it for paid work, but as I hobbyst I can wait couple of weeks/months even though I really was looking to see one today :(
why would they though? Display is same (except tiny bit less nits) and cpu + gpu seems comparable...

Mac133

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2020
why would they though? Display is same (except tiny bit less nits) and cpu + gpu seems comparable...
Cpu and gpu are comparable, but display is inferior. I already said that it is not by a huge margin, but for color corrections and better contrast I appreciate additional nits and you can see additional colors which comes from dci p3 standard.

tothemoonsands

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2018
i still dont think the ipad can replace a macbook if you do anything more than basic office tasks. sure you CAN do video editing on it...but what serious video editor is gonna do that.

Totally agree. For me, video editing is just a hobby, and my usage mainly resides in a web browser or Adobe suite (definitely counting down the days until Adobe Illustrator is released on iPad, but there’s plenty of options to use in the meantime).

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
We're not living in normal times though just now, so I don't see what it benefits Apple by holding anything back.

The more I look at the price of a 16GB, quad core MBA, with no TouchBar, I think I've found my new laptop, regardless of what the new MBP brings.

Yup, that's exactly what I ordered this morning. I got a used 2019 MBP 2.4Ghz i5 for around $1100 that I can still return to Amazon. I'm sure it's faster, but the touchbar is useless and I'd trade it for the new keyboard.

Alexander_im

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
Maybe we'll get Mini-LED update at the end of the year with Apple dividing the lineup in terms of "retina" and "mini-LED" (whatever they end up calling it). Similar to 2012 when they kept "non-retina" MB pro for some time

• Angry

Mac133

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2020
Me too. I was really hoping for 14 miniLED as soon as possible but we are probably going to get 13 updated sometime until june and then 14/16 mini led at the end of 2020 or spring 2021. There is no way they are going to leave old 13 until new year with this price and without update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.