Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenConlin44

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2020
Glasgow
Just found this:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...-inch-macbook-pro-supply-chain-rumors-suggest
If the supply chain is ramping up now, it would take some time before it's in the shops, right? I don't really care if it's 13.3" or 14.1", though the latter would be nicer. As long as it gets 32GB RAM, with a preference for LPDDR4. And massive price cuts and free beer, d'oh ?
I really hope that Digitimes have misinterpreted and that the screen size will get bumped mainly because the bigger screen would be great but the screen bump would also translate to even a slightly bigger chassis which would help with improving internals eg Thermals

BenConlin44

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2020
Glasgow
Another thought if the chassis and in turn the screen was staying the same size surely they would try and release it as soon as possible. June seems quite far away especially if the keyboard and the 10th gen chips are already available

Reactions: thimplicity

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Another thought if the chassis and in turn the screen was staying the same size surely they would try and release it as soon as possible. June seems quite far away especially if the keyboard and the 10th gen chips are already available
We don't know if Intel is on track with the 1068NG7. We haven't seen it ship in anything else yet, and we know its production was behind the launch CPUs. Could be that Apple literally doesn't have enough of the part yet.

AgentMcGeek

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2016
London, UK

thimplicity

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2013

Useless Touchbar

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2020
I still prefer a good quality 720 (mac) vs crappy 1080 cameras. You don't want to see what a few of my Windows using colleagues look like during this period's video conferences...
God bless low quality webcams! Makes these video conferences a lot more bearable in this moment.

Also, if webcams were 1080p or 4k my wife would spend additional 40 mins a day putting on makeup before her video conferences begin...

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017

Definitely would convince me to upgrade from my 16" ;)
[automerge]1585322426[/automerge]
We don't know if Intel is on track with the 1068NG7. We haven't seen it ship in anything else yet, and we know its production was behind the launch CPUs. Could be that Apple literally doesn't have enough of the part yet.

Would be pretty interesting to see a 14" with AMD CPU... :) Sadly it won't happen.

PeterJP

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2012
Leuven, Belgium
Definitely would convince me to upgrade from my 16" ;)
Yeah, the face recognition would just round off a nice 14" package!
Would be pretty interesting to see a 14" with AMD CPU... :) Sadly it won't happen.
I have been wondering about that recently, but the 13" has a 28W processor whereas the new AMD Ryzen 7 mobile processors are either 15W or 35W. Perhaps, very big if, Apple makes the casing a bit bigger like with the 16", they can fit in a 35W. But I agree it's very, very unlikely.

Timo Zikeli

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2019
Wien, Österreich
Is it likely that such a MacBook Pro (16"?) will still be released in 2020?

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I’m so ready to buy, but 16 is too large and I really do not like the feel of the butterfly keys. Still holding out hope for next week!

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
Ship times for configure-to-order 13" MacBook Pros is longer than for the 16" models. I don't know if this is COVID-19-related or not.

As I write this on Friday, March 27th, if you add, say, 2TB of RAM to the 16" MacBook Pro, the shipping estimate is:
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.15.55 PM.png

If you add 2TB to the 13" 4-thunderbolt port model, the shipping estimate is:
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.17.47 PM.png

This delay seems to apply to any sort of change in the standard configurations. It may mean nothing...we'll see!

BenConlin44

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2020
Glasgow
Hopefully a sign of what’s to come. It could be attributed to delays in China because of the current situation plus the delay is fairly short however Chinese manufacturing was supposedly getting up and running again

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Hopefully a sign of what’s to come. It could be attributed to delays in China because of the current situation plus the delay is fairly short however Chinese manufacturing was supposedly getting up and running again
There are some reports that they're getting hit with a second wave as they ramp back up.

HellasLEAF

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2009
My trusty 2015 MBP has been a true champ, but getting long in the tooth (feels heavy), doing more video as well.

My god the wait for the 2020 13 (14) inch MBP with all the tweaks and the new keyboard has felt like forever. Tempted to just get the air with maximum juice in space grey and call it a day, but if I held this long..

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2020
My trusty 2015 MBP has been a true champ, but getting long in the tooth (feels heavy), doing more video as well.

My god the wait for the 2020 13 (14) inch MBP with all the tweaks and the new keyboard has felt like forever. Tempted to just get the air with maximum juice in space grey and call it a day, but if I held this long..

I keep saying the same thing re: my next purchase

I have started to do video on my late-2015 iMac

I never really heard my fans and now that I am doing video, they come on quite often

I also get various "bugs" which cause me to restart my machine, especially in Logic Pro -- it seems lately that, whenever I quit Logic and go back to the same project later that day, the actual sounds produced by the tracks have changed (even though the track names haven't) - I end up having to switch to a different instrument then switch back to the one I originally used and saved and then it works

I am waiting for one of the following:

Redesigned iMac with bigger screen;
The W5700x GPU for the Mac Pro; or
MBP 16" 10th gen chip

At this point though, I want it sooner rather than later as I don't want my iMac to totally lose any trade-in value

Last edited:

uer23

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2020
Any hunch on when the new 13' (or possibly 14') is being released ? Is June 2020 looking likely ? Still partial lockdown in china but things are moving back to normal compared to North America and Europe.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Any hunch on when the new 13' (or possibly 14') is being released ? Is June 2020 looking likely ? Still partial lockdown in china but things are moving back to normal compared to North America and Europe.
We are all hoping that it’s imminent but nobody really knows.

Personally I’d be delighted if they released a 14 inch, 10th generation Intel, with mini led screen, Face ID, 15 hour battery life, and the upgraded keyboard tomorrow.

Not going to happen though as they never release on a Sunday. ??

Reactions: amacrumorsuser
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.