Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Damn.

With so many people working from home, you think Apple would exploit the situation by releasing the 14-inch this week. I really don’t understand why they’re not.

Watch it be a slightly upgraded 13-inch Pro instead. I think if that happened I’d consider getting the 15-inch Surface Laptop 3 instead. I’m tired of waiting for Apple to excite me.

Reactions: TheHurryKayne

kocered

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2020
So looks like we might be waiting until June. That new MacBook Air is really tempting but I'll try to wait it out...we've waited this long for a 14 inch Pro!
I think it will be 13” reflesh. I don’t think it will be worth to wait. If not this week, I’m getting the 2019pro or 2020air. There will be always new products, we should start buying at some point :)

Reactions: ozzieman10

incredibleBread

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2020
I think it will be 13” reflesh. I don’t think it will be worth to wait. If not this week, I’m getting the 2019pro or 2020air. There will be always new products, we should start buying at some point :)

you're not keen for the refreshed keyboard?

kocered

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2020
you're not keen for the refreshed keyboard?
I tried the butterfly keyboard and I don’t think it is a bad keyboard. There were no/little reported issues for 4th gen and Apple replaces it if something happens. I can return it if I don’t like it in long typing sessions. Even if they release the new one in june, BTO will take at least a month to arrive. I have online classes and coding to do. Plus: Apple will start the return process when the stores reopen. Therefore I might have a longer return window.

uer23

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2020
I think it'll be a 13" refresh, looks like 14 will be delayed till fourth quarter.

stuffx

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2020
It’s kinda dumb to release 13” refresh at a big event like WWDC since they released 16” just via web update. I mean it is nothing spectacular without screen size increase.

Reactions: Altherekho

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Plus: Apple will start the return process when the stores reopen. Therefore I might have a longer return window.

Where did you get this from? As far as I can tell the return policy is the same as it was, 14 days. The only difference at the moment with the brick and mortar stores closed is that returns have to be to the online store.

Salomonander

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2020
Oh man thats so frustrating. so now ill either wait for maybe a 14“ or buy the faulty 16.... honestly considering windows at this point.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Thanks for that. Very interesting. I’m wondering though from the way it is worded whether that only applies to items bought at brick and mortar stores up to 13 days before closure.

If it applies to anything bought since closure it could turn out to be an incredibly long return period for very large quantities of sales.

I say this bearing in mind that the amended returns policy was published at a time when the stores were closed down for 14 days not, as now, until further notice.

Does anyone know whether there has been an update?

Last edited:

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Absolutely no one here knows. Apple hasn’t spoken about this at all. So no, June wouldn’t mean it’s a 14 inch definitely
In fact, if anything, as the 14" rumour was linked to the mini LED rumour, that might suggest it's more likely to be towards the end of the year with the other mini LED products. I suppose we could get the redesign first and the new screen later, though.

BenConlin44

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2020
Glasgow
In fact, if anything, as the 14" rumour was linked to the mini LED rumour, that might suggest it's more likely to be towards the end of the year with the other mini LED products. I suppose we could get the redesign first and the new screen later, though.
Sadly you may be right but I hope we do get a 14” soon. I was thinking that with the move to ice lake chips on the 13/14” would there be a need for a thermal redesign? The 16” needed it especially considering it will be likely sticking with comet lake this year but with ice lake being 10nm I’m not sure they’d bother.

TheHurryKayne

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Damn.

With so many people working from home, you think Apple would exploit the situation by releasing the 14-inch this week. I really don’t understand why they’re not.

Watch it be a slightly upgraded 13-inch Pro instead. I think if that happened I’d consider getting the 15-inch Surface Laptop 3 instead. I’m tired of waiting for Apple to excite me.
They can't stay any longer with the butterfly keyboard in it , a lot of Arm rumors , its the last Mac with Intel ? Rumors for doubts.New Mac Book Air is out with quads an no heatpipe , just this to stop the tempting , but its real . By way thunderbolt 4 its not the one some ( i suppose ) were hoping to be but a rebranding and just in 2021 for the usb4 , so they better have something new such as a 14 to bring us to the Wwdc .

incredibleBread

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2020
I can't imagine that they'll prolong it to get the miniled or a new cpu on the 14". I feel like it would be weird if the 14" was further along then the 16" - wouldn't they keep them aligned in terms of features? Same rough series of chips, same panel type, etc?

Reactions: Altherekho
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.