Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zerosopher

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
United Kingdom
After waiting for a couple of months, I think there will be no event later on this year. Should I give myself a green light to buy a 15-inches MacBook Pro 2019?

MengkeMary

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2019
Minneapolis
After waiting for a couple of months, I think there will be no event later on this year. Should I give myself a green light to buy a 15-inches MacBook Pro 2019?
Since you have waited till now, why don't you give yourself a few more days and see what will happen in the next week? Anyway, there are no good deals recently. So even if you want to go with 15" model, you'll be more likely to get a better deal in November.

Reactions: Ener Ji

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
We know for a fact that 10.15.1 brings Navi support. Since Mac Pro is not using Navi...

Mac Pro really should be available with Navi, shouldn't it? It was announced with Vega before Navi even existed publicly, and perhaps Vega is better for some professional work flows, but it seems like they should at least offer Navi as an option when Mac Pro goes up for sale?

Apple releases Macbook pros once a year except for the year 2019 and 2015. This year there was one MacBook pro release already in May. So, it's more likely there will be no MacBook pros this year. Source: https://infonewt.com/apple-release-patterns

Unless I'm misinterpreting that site, aren't you missing 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, and 2013 as well? Plenty of times Apple has had more than one MBP update in a year.

I'd wait at least until Tuesday. That's the day I expect Apple to have a flurry of announcements (Mac Pro, MBP 16", Airpod Pro, etc.)

Reactions: alexandero

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Apple releases Macbook pros once a year except for the year 2019 and 2015. This year there was one MacBook pro release already in May. So, it's more likely there will be no MacBook pros this year. Source: https://infonewt.com/apple-release-patterns

I would wait till the end of next week to make that final call.

All rumors including photo embeds in Catalina show that the MBP release is imminent and has been in production for weeks now.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Mac Pro really should be available with Navi, shouldn't it?
Of course...i think between AMD Radeon Pro 580X the base gpu and AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo there will be more gpu available for BTO, i guess we will have around 5 option available from Apple for the gpu, 5 options for the cpu...so i guess we will have at least 1 navi (if there is a navi desktop gpu available) probably for 300$ option from base 580X
[automerge]1572076498[/automerge]
I would wait till the end of next week to make that final call.

All rumors including photo embeds in Catalina show that the MBP release is imminent and has been in production for weeks now.
Yep, the best chances are for a Tuesday press release around 9-10am

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Mac Pro really should be available with Navi, shouldn't it? It was announced with Vega before Navi even existed publicly, and perhaps Vega is better for some professional work flows, but it seems like they should at least offer Navi as an option when Mac Pro goes up for sale?

That is a good point. Offering a RX580 in an expensive machine like that is almost an insult... it would make sense if they replaced it by a RX 5700 variant instead on release. The issue is though that 5700 XT is very competitive with Radeon VII (what Apple calls Pro Vega II) for many applications. The Vega GPU has higher theoretical compute performance, and it's still more flexible, but not many people can actually utilise that flexibility. So if you offer RX 5700XT as the base model, there is little incentive to upgrade to Pro Vega II.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
It would be great if the glowing Apple logo returned, along with the old arrow keys and a dedicated power button combined with touch id - being able to use any key to power on is stupid when you're trying to coean the keyboard with the machine off.

Reactions: NJRonbo

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
AirPods Pro will be shown next week on Tuesday / Wednesday at an event / session with journalists at Apple's local offices
Lets hope for the 16” Mbp

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
AirPods Pro will be shown next week on Tuesday / Wednesday at an event / session with journalists at Apple's local offices
Lets hope for the 16” Mbp

Let’s all wait for the 16 inch, gonna be a crazy ride
[automerge]1572200526[/automerge]
I really dislike the way people use the phrase "redesign". The 16" is a redesign. In many more ways than you'll ever realize or appreciate. Unless it visibly looks dramatically different, you'll just call it "the old design".

The 16" redesigns the display, to fit a larger display into the same size housing as before. Undoubtedly the display itself features new display technology yet to appear in a Mac laptop.
The 16" redesigns the keyboard entirely.
The 16" will have a whole new class of internals: CPU, Storage, RAM, Graphics.

These all new design attributes will premiere in this product, and trickle down to the rest of the MacBook line over time. There is no other kind of "redesign" on the horizon.

Let it be Navi and I’m already in

Reactions: Ener Ji and fokmik

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
If anyone is contemplating the 16 inch MacBook Pro or just going with current 2019 15 inch, I would at a minimum wait until the Mac Pro is released.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
So if they are just showing them to journalists in the US later this week at similar private events, then they (and the MBP) probably aren't being released in the next day or two via press release, unfortunately.

seoa

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
Why do people think there will be a MacBook Pro when all that is being mentioned by the rumours are the earphones?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Why do people think there will be a MacBook Pro when all that is being mentioned by the rumours are the earphones?

There have been rumours circulating for some time at a 16” Pro is already in production and is slated for imminent release.

seoa

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
There have been rumours circulating for some time at a 16” Pro is already in production and is slated for imminent release.
Yes, but hard to think they will release a computer as a supplement of an earphone media session. Apple would want to make the launch of a MacBook pro louder than that.

Reactions: navaira and c0ppo

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012
Yes, but hard to think they will release a computer as a supplement of an earphone media session. Apple would want to make the launch of a MacBook pro louder than that.

They could very well be doing the same with select tech professionals, journalists, etc. They are just under an NDA and it hasn't leaked yet. They could just release it via press release. Hard to say for sure. It could also be delayed until later.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
They could very well be doing the same with select tech professionals, journalists, etc. They are just under an NDA and it hasn't leaked yet. They could just release it via press release. Hard to say for sure. It could also be delayed until later.

Most likely yeah... I just hope they go for the current base MBP 15" price.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.