Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Well, AirPods Pro Press release is out, no info about Mac Pro or the MacBook though

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
I'd have thought they'd do them on different days at the least though - there's also the tracking tile to come, the 16" MBP, possibly an iMac/iMac Pro refresh too? All of which probably doesn't make a great event with a cohesive narrative, but could all just be done with briefing sessions and press releases.

Reactions: Ener Ji

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
Most likely yeah... I just hope they go for the current base MBP 15" price.....
They won't, at least not this year. The base model offered will simply be a higher-spec'd model, making the starting price around $2,999 if I had to guess. It doesn't take much to BTO a 15" up to this price, so starting a 16" here with the right specs will be easy.

Late next year we'll see updates to the rest of the Pro line. I think the 16" model will eventually get a lower spec that replaces the existing 15", and the 13" will inherit the design language and be replaced with a 14".
[automerge]1572279370[/automerge]
Well, AirPods Pro Press release is out, no info about Mac Pro or the MacBook though
Tomorrow.
[automerge]1572279397[/automerge]
I'd have thought they'd do them on different days at the least though - there's also the tracking tile to come, the 16" MBP, possibly an iMac/iMac Pro refresh too? All of which probably doesn't make a great event with a cohesive narrative, but could all just be done with briefing sessions and press releases.
Definitely. Expect one of them tomorrow.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
They won't, at least not this year. The base model offered will simply be a higher-spec'd model, making the starting price around $2,999 if I had to guess. It doesn't take much to BTO a 15" up to this price, so starting a 16" here with the right specs will be easy.

Late next year we'll see updates to the rest of the Pro line. I think the 16" model will eventually get a lower spec that replaces the existing 15", and the 13" will inherit the design language and be replaced with a 14".
[automerge]1572279370[/automerge]

Tomorrow.
[automerge]1572279397[/automerge]

Definitely. Expect one of them tomorrow.

I suppose we'll see Navi on this 16" that is supposed to come out? I don't mind the 3k I can go for it if I want but it's gotta be a real beast for me to do it.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
So apple is doing the last year treatment when they release/announce1 product per day
So tomorrow can be the mbp day

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
I suppose we'll see Navi on this 16" that is supposed to come out? I don't mind the 3k I can go for it if I want but it's gotta be a real beast for me to do it.
That is what is expected, directly from 10.15.1.

Their goal with this release to appease professionals who are not buying the base model MacBook Pro to begin with. Much like the new Mac Pro, this laptop is going to be targeted a specific segment who want the best and don't care what it costs.

As soon as it is finally unveiled, we'll have to sift through the endless tirade of prosumer whiners who don't understand that this isn't for them (because everything is for them).
[automerge]1572281233[/automerge]
So apple is doing the last year treatment when they release/announce1 product per day
So tomorrow can be the mbp day
Good grief. Or they're just doing whatever they want to, whenever they want to. I don't understand why some people need to hold Apple to a particular pattern for everything. They are allowed to do whatever they want, whenever it best suits them.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
“They are allowed to do whatever they want, whenever it best suits them.”
You didn’t get it
Was an statement

Last edited:

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
I was just telling you what they will do..i already told you 4 days ago that airpods pro will go on sale this week
[automerge]1572281909[/automerge]

Yes and they prepare for that with weeks/months ahead and some people knows and have infor about that
Is not like they release airpods pro because today they thought this is a good day for release

That display better be real sick because I got my 3k ready right here

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Just ordered the Airpods Pro.

Might be an expensive month if the 16" also gets released soon.
Nice. For 50$more than the current one
They have better sound,custom in ear fit for normal med and large ears, ANC and ipx water and dust resistance

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
You will be pleased with the new airpods pro if you are an happy airpods customer that wanted a better fit and audio quality, because they really sound better...so i think they changed some audio driver/hardware inside

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
You will be pleased with the new airpods pro if you are an happy airpods customer that wanted a better fit and audio quality, because they really sound better...so i think they changed some audio driver/hardware inside

So fokmik, you seem to have some sort of inside information.

You hearing anything about a possible MBP announcement tomorrow?

hellopupy

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2016
Los Angeles

Yes they could be trying to dominate tech headlines all week in the lead up to Apple TV+ launch.

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
So fokmik, you seem to have some sort of inside information.

You hearing anything about a possible MBP announcement tomorrow?
:rolleyes: They're literally just paying attention. All of the correct signs were there for imminent AirPods, and final word on it leaked out over the weekend.

There have been similar indicators that MBP 16,1 is also imminent, and a press release for it tomorrow has a really high probability.
[automerge]1572296445[/automerge]
That display better be real sick because I got my 3k ready right here
I expect it will include some of the new display technology found in the XDR display, on a smaller scale. Along with of course being 16.4" and 3072×1920 which all by itself is enticing.

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012
source.gif

Max48

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2017
Not sure if I’ve missed the discussion but has there been any talk of getting Mojave on this thing? I have some DAW that use some irreplaceable 32-bit audio plugins and would rather get a couple more years out of them then do a complete overhaul now and spend more money on top of the new computer now...

If they keep the current GPU and CPU as options at least the hardware should ‘support’ the old OS... If Apple prevents a clean install of Mojave, maybe a hackintosh install would work?

silent alarm

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2019
East Coast
Secretly, passionately hoping that they refresh the whole line tomorrow with the 16 inch but that absolutely won’t happen.

Is it likely though that the 16 inch will be the first rollout/early adopter machine for the new chassis/keyboard, and then in the spring or maybe next fall, it comes to the 15 and the 13s?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.