Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcianpandacian

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2019
These fake news websites are so shameless that when a fake news launch date comes and goes they just pick a new one a month or week later "ackzually its coming out next month"

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
These fake news websites are so shameless that when a fake news launch date comes and goes they just pick a new one a month or week later "ackzually its coming out next month"

I stick to the mainstream sites: iMore, Cult of Mac, 9 to 5 Mac and MacRumors

I don't know which websites you are citing as fake, but none of the above websites have come out with a definitive date for product release.

What they have done is report leaks from the usual "insiders" who often get information correct. Kuo is a big one, for example.

Digitimes didn't even give a date.

However, one thing has been very rampant in the rumor mill: The 16" MBP has been in production for the past few weeks. CNET even reported this morning they are expecting a release before Black Friday.

No definitive dates, though.

Funny, I see more people on this forum acting like they have first-hand knowledge and offering DEFINITIVE statements more than news sites.

Last edited:
Reactions: navaira

jimmy43

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2008
Yeah, I am actually refreshing the Apple website every five minutes anticipating a 12pm EST launch. I just hope this is not going to be a letdown for us.

On the plus side, one of the websites ran an article this morning -- think it was Cult of Mac -- wondering if today would be the day the hardware would be announced. I don't know if the article is still up as I can't find the link. In any event, we are not the only ones stuck to this rumor.

Every 5 minute? pff amateurs :)

• Haha
Reactions: NJRonbo

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Assuming it drops this week, are you guys going to order right away, or wait a couple of weeks for the holiday extended return period to start? Nice to have around seven weeks return period just in case... I think it usually starts around mid-November.

Waiting for reviews and to get a hands on in the store...

rcianpandacian

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2019
what i read about ming chi kuo is he said 2020
[automerge]1572367072[/automerge]
im refreshing apple.com more like every 10 seconds

Last edited:

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
Rene Ritchie’s now joined camp ‘nope’ with John Gruber.

Attachments

• 33DBD65E-0C4A-4169-A2AB-3792692FE5BB.png
    33DBD65E-0C4A-4169-A2AB-3792692FE5BB.png
    507.1 KB · Views: 244

wallysb01

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2011
what does that mean. does this mean the macbook is coming this week or not

It means don’t give up hope. They are continuing to be active this week. Until a day goes by without an announcement, there is some reason to hope for the MBP coming the next day.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2003
CA
im happy the current rumor is 16" is rumored to be being a silent drop.

i was worrying back when a October even still looked possible that if they announced the 16 inch MacBook Pro it would give them an excuse to hold off on the traditional four-year full refresh cycle that we expect in 2020.
Because Apple needs to win back its pros with an actually good computer.

my 2015 will only last so long, I already had it longer than normal and already chomping at the bit to upgrade and don’t want to go full hackintosh if I don’t need to.

Apple please don’t make me need to.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
The Kuo rumor mainly that mentioned MacBooks coming in second quarter 2020. The 16” could come before that, don’t know for sure, but that’ll be my next guess if nothing comes this fall.

Okay, it's a guess.

The only problem with all of this is that sources have said the MBP has been in production. Maybe something will drop before the week is up. Maybe November.

...and, yes, if not then, 2020.

As usual, assumptions

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Okay, it's a guess.

The only problem with all of this is that sources have said the MBP has been in production. Maybe something will drop before the week is up. Maybe November.

...and, yes, if not then, 2020.

As usual, assumptions

It's gonna be whenever Timmy wants not when the Pros need it

Reactions: NJRonbo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.