Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanMan619

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
On the frontpage right now: https://www.macrumors.com/2019/11/07/deals-amazon-2019-macbook/

Sale well in advance of the holiday season, does that make sense? I don't know, I don't live in the US. But it seems to me that you need to give sales a bit of time. Then in a week or two, you're ready to launch a new 16" MBP ?

Those sales happen randomly all the time all throughout the year. I don't think it means anything.

Don't forget, at this event they showed the new imac pro 2 years ago..so mac pro is a given..but hopefully the 16" mbp will be also

Yes they did, but the iMac Pro was already announced before the event, the event was just the first time people were getting to see it in person. The iMac Pro didn't debut at that event, it debuted at WWDC months prior and got it's first hands on with the press at the November event. If Apple was copying that for the 16" MBP, it'd have been announced already. I personally would not expect the MBP to surprise debut tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Those sales happen randomly all the time all throughout the year. I don't think it means anything.

Don't forget, at this event they showed the new imac pro 2 years ago..so mac pro is a given..but hopefully the 16" mbp will be also

Yes they did, but the iMac Pro was already announced before the event, the event was just the first time people were getting to see it in person. The iMac Pro didn't debut at that event, it debuted at WWDC months prior and got it's first hands on with the press at the November event. If Apple was copying that for the 16" MBP, it'd have been announced already. I personally would not expect the MBP to surprise debut tomorrow.

You know what? I guess I am caving into those that said 2020 on the MBP.

Today would really be the final day to announce it and I don't think it's gonna happen.

However, maybe I will get lucky and be proved wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Fair? Apple has not had a fair price in ages. Apple is selling a premium experience, sadly the past few years the premium price has not matched the experience, i.e., not getting a premium laptop.

Totally agree.

I really think we are looking at a $3k starting price on the 16" MBP. You know Apple will demand it.

Reactions: maflynn

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
You know what? I guess I am caving into those that said 2020 on the MBP.

Today would really be the final day to announce it and I don't think it's gonna happen.

However, maybe I will get lucky and be proved wrong.

Until the Mac Pro is announced I'm holding out hope that it might still arrive this year...

Totally agree.

I really think we are looking at a $3k starting price on the 16" MBP. You know Apple will demand it.

A starting price of $3k could be totally fair and even a good value, depending on the starting specs.

Reactions: Falhófnir

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
What if it's announced today, shipping at a later date?

That's fine.

In fact, I think we may expect that to happen.

Today's Apple event starts at 1pm PST. Unless they make an announcement before then, it will be late in the day EST time for orders to go live.

I would hope that they push orders to next week with immediate shipping.

All speculation of course!

wallysb01

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2011
That's fine.

In fact, I think we may expect that to happen.

Today's Apple event starts at 1pm PST. Unless they make an announcement before then, it will be late in the day EST time for orders to go live.

I would hope that they push orders to next week with immediate shipping.

All speculation of course!

My guess is that if anything new is at that event we see a press release between 9-10am PST this morning.

Reactions: Ener Ji

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I have a feeling some here are setting themselves up for disappointment.

You could be right.

And if the guy claiming to have inside knowledge is wrong, I hope he gets banned from the site for posting the MBP will be released today.

oldaaplexec

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006
Sadly “surprises” from Apple today will probably be swag bags with Apple Park shirts and other branded merchandise. No new products.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
A starting price of $3k could be totally fair and even a good value, depending on the starting specs.
For me at that price it would have to come with a 1TB SSD to tick the 'fair' value box. Not overly concerned with the other specs, think 16GB RAM is ok, Vega 16 rather then the reheated 3 year old Polaris chips would be nice*, though at that point it's actually starting to become better value than the current 15" so maybe not feasible? Surely at some point they have to depreciate the Polaris GPUs and make Vega standard though, this is a good opportunity to do it.

*for my use, this is about cooler thermals & better battery than actual performance.

wallysb01

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2011
Sadly “surprises” from Apple today will probably be swag bags with Apple Park shirts and other branded merchandise. No new products.

certainly could be, but there is a lot of chatter about the Mac Pro being very, very close to release. And Apple did demos with the iMac Pro two years ago at this event, so there is some reason to hope. MacBook Pro chances are lower though, probably a lot lower.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Who said that? I missed it.

some member posted in one of the MBP threads that he has first-hand information the MBP will be announced today.

We can’t confirm if it’s a BS post or not until the end of the day

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Totally agree.

That is gonna be one hell of a 256 gig SSD

“It’s got deep fusion and it’s neural and (some other new buzzword they made up) too!”
“Don’t forget about the new ScissorFly Pro keyswitches!”

(They are like scissors, but with a touch of Fly...and of course are “Pro”)

macuser284

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
Among the many other clues, this post has stayed top-of-mind: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...otebooks-in-eurasian-database.2185723/page-13

Does everyone remember this?

We are approaching 5 months since the filing date, and only 1/7 models has been released. It's very unusual to see more than 5 months to elapse between filing and release. To me this remains one of the strongest clues that new "portable" Macs are coming this month. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.