Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james948

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2004
This from John Gruber on Daring Fireball in a post about emoji

“For reasons I will not go into here, at this moment, I’ve get emoji on my mind today. ”

Am I reading into this too much or is it possible he has a review unit. He doesn’t, to my knowledge, have a touchbar mac. I can imagine this being an oblique reference to the touchbar.

• Wow
Reactions: martyjmclean

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia

“For reasons I will not go into here, at this moment, I’ve get emoji on my mind today. ”

Am I reading into this too much or is it possible he has a review unit. He doesn’t, to my knowledge, have a touchbar mac. I can imagine this being an oblique reference to the touchbar.

Interesting! Good pick up.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA

I guess since ijustine were there probably she got 1 review unit too

Reactions: martyjmclean

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017

Oh man... Why would they give out review units so soon?

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Okay, just catching up as I was on the road yesterday...

So are we saying its possible review units went out of the 16" MBP?

Aquamite

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
Spain

Definitely you’re reading into this quite a lot.

He’s just amused at this amazing twitter thread:

that he shared on his blog:

Please people, stop with the fake rumoring....
7bf1706e2874ccafb9a81fb2d0064b51.jpg

I SEE 16” MBPs

workerbee

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2006
Am I reading into this too much
Just about as much as everyone who's maniacally analyzing shipping delays or event NDAs, hoping to find a hint of a whiff of a glimmer of the definitive proof that some new Apple product is imminent (to quote another thread around here).

james948

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2004
He's saying he already had emoji on his mind today. But for reasons he "won't go into here, at this moment."

Won't or can't?

Who would say "I am thinking about emoji but I shall not go into it here and now," ? I mean what possible reason could emoji warrant a serious statement like that?

Yes. It's probably nothing. But I think "won't go into here, at this moment" instead of "I'll be writing a post about them later" sounds almost deliberately mysterious. Or portentous.

Or perhaps it's nothing and I would do better to consult my astrological chart.
[automerge]1573312765[/automerge]
Definitely you’re reading into this quite a lot.

He’s just amused at this amazing twitter thread:

that he shared on his blog:

Yes. But he said that he also said he was thinking about emoji *already,* but for reasons that he wouldn't go into right now. My intrigue was concerning why he was thinking about them already.

No matter. Probably nothing.
[automerge]1573312822[/automerge]
Interesting! Good pick up.

Thanks!

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
The new hardware is up there in the wild already..we see mac pro and also there are rumors about ijustine having the new mbp
F40C251C-0A4C-4595-90C7-2C3C3246DCB3.png

heller

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2018
2020 MBP only with TouchBar? hate it.
thinking what to do with my MacBook Air 13 2012, change it to:
1) MacBook Air 13 2017
2) MacBook 12 2017
3) MacBook Air 13 2019
4) MBP 13 2017 without TouchBar

but i also hate that new macbooks doesn't have MagSafe and normal USB

Last edited:

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
If we want to be extremely optimistic, the separation of the escape key and the Touch ID sensor from the Touch Bar (in the leaked images of the 16-inch MacBook Pro) makes it easier for Apple to offer a model without the Touch Bar.

Now we are talking!
I like where your thinking is at!

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
I don't get why Calvin Harris would have one before anyone else..? The top handle also looks strange/different.
Stop asking these kind of questions since apple also did the same thing with the 2013 mac pro and so on and not only apple gives to some key people early acces,microsoft samsung does it as well..everybody knows that....On top its just a cable around the handle,thats all

Last edited:
Reactions: turbineseaplane

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I am still optimistic there will be an announcement before the end of the year.

Oh, call me naive, gullible....even silly.

Too many rumors and possibilities. I can't give up hope yet.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
What I don't get is why they'd give a MPB review unit to iJustine?

But I suppose Youtube stars are now as important to Apple as 'pros'

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
At the end of the day having an unreliable keyboard simply sucks

I agree but I don't know why people are assuming the new keyboard will be better.

At this point, I would wait 6 months to a year after the 16" comes out before I bought it based on Apple's Macbook Pro track record over the last few years :(.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
1.8M twitter followers, 6.2M YouTube subscribers, loves Apple products, doesn't look 35 - perfect bit of free advertising.
The problem is, her videos are of really no substance, its just OMG unboxing. She basically rehashes the specs page and her trips here and there with OMG this is so cool! I can understand an MKBHD or Jonathan Morris who do actual test. But iJustine is just too superficial. But its just like winning the lottery, she was at the right place, right time and milked it to this point where she is now. I just wish her channel was of more substance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.