Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy43

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2008
Vega 16 and 20 in the lower and higher stock models respectively, Navi replacing Vega as the BTO upgrades?

Apple's gotta build-in some profit generation somewhere, and this could be the place where it pisses off people the least. Hopefully reasonably priced.

are you planning on buying the 16" when it comes out, assuming the features from the leaks are all true?

I'm planning on getting it asap! 16 inch is perfect for me (prefer it over 16.4). That and a 'normal' keyboard are enough for me.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Approaching 09:00 PST today:

Apple's gotta build-in some profit generation somewhere, and this could be the place where it pisses off people the least. Hopefully reasonably priced.

I'm planning on getting it asap! 16 inch is perfect for me (prefer it over 16.4). That and a 'normal' keyboard are enough for me.
Though 'not Navi' would almost certainly cause some consternation here, I think just finally moving on from the Polaris chips would be a cause for celebration!

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Vega 16 and 20 in the lower and higher stock models respectively, Navi replacing Vega as the BTO upgrades?

Doesn't make any sense since Vega is the more expensive chip to make. I expect to see Navi across all the models, but with different configs. Maybe even some HBM variant on the high-end, if they can make it reasonably faster than GDDR6

Reactions: OxCxDx

TechViking

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
What I would like for this update:

- 64/128 GB RAM option
- Touch bar optional
- Keyboard without any issues
- HDMI port
- Add a few USB-A ports

What I think we will actually get:

- Brighter display
- Slightly better keyboard
- Still max 32 GB RAM
- Touch bar will be non-optional
- No HDMI or USB-A ports

Reactions: c0ppo

akis-k

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2010
Greece
Approaching 09:00 PST today:

Though 'not Navi' would almost certainly cause some consternation here, I think just finally moving on from the Polaris chips would be a cause for celebration!
Isn't usually around 4:00 PST when its a press release or just an update in the store? 9:00 or 10:00 PST is when we have keynotes. I might be mistaken though...

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
The model has yet to be released by apple, any talk about its specifications is speculation.

I worded it badly, I guess I should have asked whether there were any rumours about WiFi6 on this? I have heard about screen size, louder speakers, keyboard and the noise cancelling mic but nothing about WiFi 6 :).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
there were any rumours about WiFi6 on this?
I've not heard of any rumors, we'll find out later perhaps, but if I was a betting man, I'd say no. In some things, Apple is a trailblazer (USB-C), and other areas it waits a long time before embracing a standard.

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Who's been thinking about the configuration they're getting?

I think if the options of the 15" also apply to the 16", I'm getting the base 8 core with the 1 TB drive. Currently, I've got a 512 GB with 95 gigs free, and the 1 tera would leave a lot of headroom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.