Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdunlap

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2013
I have an iPhone 8 Plus and I’m looking on Amazon for a good Qi wireless charger for a good price. I’d like it to be capable of fast charging and would also prefer a pad instead of a stand. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be looking for so if anyone could recommend any that they use I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

Ryanhdd

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have the peloson it’s a pad not sure if it will fast charge. But I don’t need that. I like it. Paid like 13 bucks for it. Got it on amazon like everything else. It still charges even with my case on. Also with my wallet case with my dl and one credit card it it. I was amazed.

Reactions: Bala0509

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
i want to buy. Wireless charger for my iPhone x. Is there one that is out now that can charge two iPhones? Also will it support the 7w charging?

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
We will have to wait until 2018 to enjoy Apple's AirPower mat. As of now, The Mophie Wireless charger is the best in my opinion. There will be a software update to the iPhone 8/X that will allow faster charging.

Reactions: joudbren and ABC5S

Tom2893

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I was wondering the same thing.
There's cheap ones on Amazon for £10-20 and the mophie is £54.95 which is a lot more expensive.. But if people are saying it's the best and supports fast charge I'll buy this for my X

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
I've been using the Mophie and it's fine. But in general I agree with this video in which they say that the Apple system is not really set up for wireless charging and to wait for the Airpower next year.

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
I have the RAVpower one. Works fine but I don’t think fast charging works since it is based on Qualcomm’s QuickCharge I think. Works fine and seems to charge at a decent speed.

Reactions: Aceroller

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
I also want to buy wireless charger for my new iPhone. anyone try these one? These one says that "allowing your device to position vertically or horizontally when charging".

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Essen...70&sr=1-26&keywords=iphone+x+wireless+charger

https://www.amazon.com/Seneo-Wirele...895&sr=1-4&keywords=iphone+x+wireless+charger
I just ordered the Spigen and will try and report back. There are several clones of the Seneo with different names all over Amazon and apparently they all stop working after a short period of time. They also cause weird issues with the 8, so I’d stay away from that one...

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
Are there any that are a mat like Apple’s? I’m not a fan of the puck designs I’ve seen.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I just ordered the Spigen and will try and report back. There are several clones of the Seneo with different names all over Amazon and apparently they all stop working after a short period of time. They also cause weird issues with the 8, so I’d stay away from that one...

I just bought one from Seneo, but I used it only a couple of times.
The reviews on Amazon were good, where did you read about issues with iPhone 8?

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Has anyone tried Mophie's chargeforce wireless charging pad? It's $20 cheaper than the new Mophie pad.

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
I just bought a samsung one for 25 it only supports 5w but i hear 7.5w doesnt make too much diffetence

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
I just bought one from Seneo, but I used it only a couple of times.
The reviews on Amazon were good, where did you read about issues with iPhone 8?
Some of the lower rated reviews state that the chargers stopped functioning after a few weeks to a month. There were a few of the same complaints across all of the clones like that one...enough for me to decide against it. The Spigen I purchased is fantastic, tho. The phone connects instantly to the charger in both orientations but wireless charging is too slow. I use it as an overnight recharger on my nightstand. Perfect for that...
87CA8D0C-C5D1-4407-9DF0-C9E71FEC7EB8.png

Patrick G

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I was holding out for AirPower, but have now decided not to because it was planned for my bedside, and I prefer my Apple Watch in Nightstand mode so I can turn over in bed and read the display. That was the dealbreaker for me. I would still use the AirPower for my iPhone and AirPods, but I've decided I also prefer my iPhone in an upright position so I can see its display as well. Soooo... I bought 8 of Seneo's newest charging stand on Amazon (2 for my wife's and my bedside, 2 for my wife's offices, 2 for each of my kids, 1 for my office, and 1 for the kitchen/common area):
71Id90035-L._SL1300_.jpg

Last edited:

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
I bough one of the cheap Choetech pucks and it gets very warm. So I also got this TYLT Vu Wireless Charger
Link: https://www.amazon.com/TYLT-Wireless-Charging-Compatible-Qi-Enabled/dp/B00DG8NUC8

It works well and doesn't require a separate USB wall charger as it comes with its own special power cable/block.

I have that one too. Worked well with previous phones, only negative is its 5W
[doublepost=1508968636][/doublepost]I have a new car with wireless charging that is the qi standard but is not listed as compatible with the X by Apple. I wonder why not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.