Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK

I've got the Mophie one and been fine for me. It's an overnight charger so is fine for speed. Fixed plug specific to the charger though so need a spare wall socket.

It's cheaper than when first come out as well now, it's smaller than the Belkin one as well.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I was at Best Buy today and saw the Google Pixel Stand. It's very nice, the color is white with a soft rubbery finish. There's no branding on the outside, it looks like made by Apple. The cost is $79.99 and I'm thinking of getting one for my iPhone XS.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
I was at Best Buy today and saw the Google Pixel Stand. It's very nice, the color is white with a soft rubbery finish. There's no branding on the outside, it looks like made by Apple. The cost is $79.99 and I'm thinking of getting one for my iPhone XS.
Pixel has proprietary charging tech though has may not work best with iPhones.

gsucyclist

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2014
Pixel has proprietary charging tech though has may not work best with iPhones.

The google charger will work fine, you just won’t have the extra features that the pixel provides - basically turning it into a Google Home when charging

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Yep, got the iOttie one too and I can fully recommend it.
I also got the Logitech Powered... both are excellent.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Anyone have a ravpower wireless. I got two. One charges with green light flashing. Other orange.

Based on what I read online. Green flashing is fast charging and orange is regular. Why would same charge model charge differently? Was there an older version of the charger?

Texh49

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
Was looking at the Native Union wireless charger but the reports of airpower finally coming out is even better!

trapstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
Can’t decide between a stand- or pad-style charger. Any limitations or pros and cons to one or the other?

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Can’t decide between a stand- or pad-style charger. Any limitations or pros and cons to one or the other?
I've been using docks my entire iPhone life up until the iPhone X where I got a pad. I thought since it's right at my computer, there's no problem since I just do everything on my computer anyway. But now, I absolutely hate it. I tap my phone to look at it and have to pick it up each time. if I get notifications, I have pick up my phone. If I want to do something really quick, I have t pick up my phone. With a dock, I do it and leave it where it is. Pad life is horrible.

Reactions: trapstar

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've been using docks my entire iPhone life up until the iPhone X where I got a pad. I thought since it's right at my computer, there's no problem since I just do everything on my computer anyway. But now, I absolutely hate it. I tap my phone to look at it and have to pick it up each time. if I get notifications, I have pick up my phone. If I want to do something really quick, I have t pick up my phone. With a dock, I do it and leave it where it is. Pad life is horrible.

Then why not go back to using a dock if the pad is not practical for you ?

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
I picked up a tzumi fast charger pad (10W) at bestbuy .... around $30 after $10 off.
Seems to work ok but I can't find much info about them.

Anyone else use this brand?

Are charger pads generally safe .... no fire hazard if they are plugged in all the time?

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008

I think it comes down to where you are going to use it.... For example, I charge my phone overnight and my charger is on my night table... for this purpose I use a pad because I don't need to use the phone while laying in bed and I don't want it lighting up in my face...... Now I also keep a charger at work for those days where I am going out after work and need to juice up... in this case I have a dock style charger because I can quickly unlock and look at notifications while I am sitting at my desk.

Reactions: Mr.C and trapstar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.