Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
You will also need a power brick for it. It comes only with an usb C cable.
If u want the full 10W (not supported by Apple) u need a QC 3.0 power brick

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I know it’s the 3rd party thread but apples 15w charging brick is now available. It’s the stock new iPad charger but mobilereviewseh reviewed it and said it’s the fastest apple charger for iPhones.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia

hodgs001

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2018
While I use the iOttie Ion stand at work, I wanted a cheap-ish puck at home so I can give it little top offs here and there. I settled on the Target brand heyday for $24.99. Works great and looks nice. Comes with the power adapter, too.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 388

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
I'm shopping for a stand, but came across a couple pads that were interesting.

Baseus makes a combo charger than can supposedly charge a Watch, and uses a Lighting connector for input. But, it's not MFi, and the reviews are mixed. Only $16, so it wouldn't be a huge gamble.

I'm with the other fellow early in the thread who would prefer not to stare at a piece of cheap molded plastic if I can help it. I've had Carved cases in the past, and have been pleased with them. They make both a wooden pad, oddly only on Etsy, as well as more unique wood-resin pads on their site.

In my perfect world, I'd like for someone to make a Nomad-like combo stand, or a wireless version of the old Belkin Valet that oddly doesn't work with the 2017+ phones.

Too bad Apple's MFAW program has basically stifled 3rd party Watch chargers because the charging pucks are so costly, and those costs have to be passed onto users when they're incorporated into products.

Maybe that's how they'll persuade people to buy AirVapor...AirPower pads -- being able to finally charge an AW without a puck.

Reactions: decypher44

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Got this one from Amazon which was £12.

I only picked it up because I think it looks cool haha.

Does the job!

X76nsf0.jpg

How's this charger working out? Still functioning after a month and half? Reviews indicate that chargers of every ilk can "stop working" after a period of time.

Also curious about two things -- is the top glass or plastic? And does it actually use a Lighting connector for input as the product pictures depict?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Anyone who uses a magnetic car mount ie, magnetic plates in the back of their case know if wireless charging works through them?

I’ve never been fussed about a wireless charger by may get one for my desk at work

MacWins

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2017
I received, as a Christmas present, the Spigen F308 W: it comes with a 1.5 mt charging cable, it features Control Heat Technology, Smart IC Chip protection and the fast charge option as well.

fstevens

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008
Ran across this yesterday- https://belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J235/. I didn’t examine the specs closely but it looks to be basically the same as the Belkin phone and watch combo “special edition” only sold at Apple now, other than a slightly different appearance. And it costs $20 less. Interestingly, the Belkin site reads like the “special edition” one will be available at some point on their site too.

I haven’t pulled the trigger on any wireless charger yet, waiting for just the right thing, I guess. Or to see if Apple ever releases Air Power, although a stand style is more appealing to me (seems less likely that the cats will push the phone off the charger). I bought a TwelveSouth HiRise Duo when I got my XS, since the Belkin Valet I had been using for some time wasn’t compatible with the XS, and it works just fine, but wireless charging is a tempting idea for the convenience. First world problems …

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
Ran across this yesterday- https://belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J235/. I didn’t examine the specs closely but it looks to be basically the same as the Belkin phone and watch combo “special edition” only sold at Apple now, other than a slightly different appearance. And it costs $20 less. Interestingly, the Belkin site reads like the “special edition” one will be available at some point on their site too.

I haven’t pulled the trigger on any wireless charger yet, waiting for just the right thing, I guess. Or to see if Apple ever releases Air Power, although a stand style is more appealing to me (seems less likely that the cats will push the phone off the charger). I bought a TwelveSouth HiRise Duo when I got my XS, since the Belkin Valet I had been using for some time wasn’t compatible with the XS, and it works just fine, but wireless charging is a tempting idea for the convenience. First world problems …

That’s the one I’m wanting to get, but I’m not sure if it will work with my Apple Battery case. My Mophie works with it just fine, but I heard some stands maybe finicky.

I just really want a unit for both phone and watch, and I’m not interested in a mat. My Mophie is a “mat” and I’m not really liking it. I prefer stands.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008

The J234 (Apple Collection/Exclusive) and J235 appear to be functionally identical (though Belkin's reps amusingly give conflicting answers in the Q&A). I suspect the J234 might have slightly better build to account for the $20 difference.

Even if Belkin ends up offering the J234 directly from their site like they did with the old Apple Valet, I think it will only provide an additional sales outlet, but not be any cheaper. I had my eye on the Valet and was hoping to snag one using one of the occasional promo codes Belkin runs for their site, but the item was excluded, so I never bit.

Last edited:

fstevens

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008
The J234 (Apple Collection/Exclusive) and J235 appear to be functionally identical (though Belkin's reps amusingly give conflicting answers in the Q&A). I suspect the 1234 might have slightly better build to account for the $20 difference.

Even if Belkin ends up offering the 1234 directly from their site like they did with the old Apple Valet, I think it will only provide an additional sales outlet, but not be any cheaper. I had my eye on the Valet and was hoping to snag one using one of the occasional promo codes Belkin runs for their site, but the item was excluded, so I never bit.

When I complained to Belkin that my Valet wouldn't work with the XS, they offered me a 20% off code, but only good towards the Powerhouse model, being the closest to the Valet, I assume. I'm conflicted about buying anything Belkin again for fear that it will somehow end up being incompatible with future Apple products sooner rather than later, but I do like the idea of an all-in-one for iPhone and Apple Watch.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
When I complained to Belkin that my Valet wouldn't work with the XS, they offered me a 20% off code, but only good towards the Powerhouse model, being the closest to the Valet, I assume. I'm conflicted about buying anything Belkin again for fear that it will somehow end up being incompatible with future Apple products sooner rather than later, but I do like the idea of an all-in-one for iPhone and Apple Watch.

I'd also be wary as well if such a costly accessory, presumably vetted under the auspices of a certification program, were to malfunction with the latest devices. I suspect both parties bear some responsibility.

Belkin produced an updated model of the PowerHouse, but not the Valet, which may help explain the constraint placed on the discount code.

If it was generous, it could have offered a greater discount to be applied to the Powerhouse, or just simply to the BoostUp as well.

Opinions will vary as to if that was good enough, but the Belkin products are still one of the few options for people who want a nice stand/dock solution, and are willing to pay the price. Too bad that didn't include a strong sense of customer loyalty as well.

If I were a Valet owner, I would have also seen if Apple Stores had anything to offer, on the basis of undermined confidence in the MFi program. It might have been possible on a case-by-case basis.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Anyone who uses a magnetic car mount ie, magnetic plates in the back of their case know if wireless charging works through them?

I’ve never been fussed about a wireless charger by may get one for my desk at work
Can anyone help out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.