Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Right, my XR is arriving tomorrow, now seeing as Belkin state my Valer isn’t compatible, and the fancy new Boost Up special edition isn’t out yet, and will cost a ridiculously is £150, I am open to options of new wireless chargers.

I want one that will wireless charge my iPhone and my Apple watch series 1.

I’ve been looking at the ZENS Dual charger:

http://www.makezens.com/shop/zens-dualwatch-aluminium-wireless-charger/

With this one the Mac Rumors review said it was pretty good, but it’s a bit big and I don’t need two charging pads, plus it’s not out in the U.K. for at least 2 months.

And I have been looked no at this Doshin one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F695R8N?pf_rd_p=855cdcfd-05d9-474f-b84d-8286a3530ba1&pf_rd_r=F1G363WT5RYXQ2M8PCFM

Which is a lot cheaper and is available now, plus it is a good size and the phone is in a good orientation, but is it going to be any good or will it be cheap rubbish?

Amazon rate this one themselves but it only has 1 review:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Charging-Samsung-Qi-Enabled-Devices/dp/B07DWTFZXV/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1541102105&sr=8-9&keywords=iPhone+Qi+Apple+Watch

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Tymen

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2016
I just got Slicecharge in. It was reviewed by 9to5 Mac and looked really good! Although I like the material, the charger it self isn't really good! It charges my phone for a couple of seconds, stops a couple of seconds and continues (without a case!) I've seen some more complaints about this.. So I'm waiting for a response from the makers..
https://9to5mac.com/2018/10/18/wireless-chargers/

WNYX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2018
I've been using docks my entire iPhone life up until the iPhone X where I got a pad. I thought since it's right at my computer, there's no problem since I just do everything on my computer anyway. But now, I absolutely hate it. I tap my phone to look at it and have to pick it up each time. if I get notifications, I have pick up my phone. If I want to do something really quick, I have t pick up my phone. With a dock, I do it and leave it where it is. Pad life is horrible.
I don't know if this is true, but I heard pads are more more finicky, and you have to find the "sweet spot" or else it will stop charging. Any truth to this? I've been using wireless charging docks this entire time, so I have no experience with pads. Since there is no more Touch ID, I find charging pads a little bit impractical.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I don't know if this is true, but I heard pads are more more finicky, and you have to find the "sweet spot" or else it will stop charging. Any truth to this? I've been using wireless charging docks this entire time, so I have no experience with pads. Since there is no more Touch ID, I find charging pads a little bit impractical.
I imagine it’s just the nature of how it works. You can in theory, just place your phone any of 1 million ways on a pad, but a dock has a defined way to place it and can’t really deviate away from that

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Any good options for a stand up charger that holds your phone? At least with some rubber lining? Alot of chargers have open sides so one knock and I can see my phone on the floor.

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
I just received the Huawei CP60 wireless charger. It's really small (84mm), fan-free and beautiful (although it's probably blasphemy to buy a Huawei accessory for an iPhone :D). The box includes a 40w USB-C wall adaptor, and the surface of the charger itself is mat and has a great grip on my iPhone Xs Max. Not sure if it utilizes 7.5w or it charges at 5w - I am aware that it won't support up to 10w or 15w - but curious at what speed it actually charges.

Plan on using it with my iPhone and maybe the wall adaptor for the new iPad Pro. I have previously owned the Mophie and Belkin wireless charges - but found the Belkin too big, and my iPhone kept sliding off the Mophie when used at my night table.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/accessories/wireless-charger/

800_800_1539860321552mp.jpg

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
With me upgrading to the XR on launch day I have decided to get the Samsung Wireless charger as it converts into a stand as well which will make it more convenient to check notifications and unlock the phone without having to pick the phone up.

WNYX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2018
I have a Samsung dock next to my computer so I can charge and watch videos while using my computer, a Samsung pad next to my television so I can charge and see notifications come through while playing Call of Duty (since I have a headset on), and a CHOETECH pad for work (no real reason other than to charge my phone in case I go out after work).

Last edited:

chadgio

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2018
Merica
I picked up a two pack of JW (just wireless) 5w chargers from bestbuy for $26. They seem to be built well and do the job for me and the wife.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I read several reviews that the iPad 12w charger was almost as fast as the fastest fast charging charger. Like the MacBook Pro charger that is $80.

Seems like from a price standpoint that iPad charger brick is a great cheaper alternative.

Edit:ignore me. Whoops. Didn’t see the wireless part.

hodgs001

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2018
I was a member here years ago, but I forgot my password, and who knows where the reset email went to, LOL.

Anyway, even though this appears like my first post, it’s not really.

I recently purchased the Anker PowerWave Evo Stand for $49.99 in black (https://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerWave-Evo-Stand/218250964). It came with the power brick. However, I quickly returned it for two reasons. First, the stand was curved so the phone wouldn’t sit flush (pics attached). Second, it lacks the cooling fan found in the white PowerWave stand that sells for the same price.

I ultimately settled on the iOttie Ion stand, which seems great. My only minor quibble is the usb C cable doesn’t go in all the way in the back of the stand. It does click into place, but doesn’t go in all the way. I checked some pictures online, and it seems that's the design and not a manufacturing flaw.

Attachments

• EF385081-C33D-4D43-B07F-9A2CAEA2796E.jpeg
    EF385081-C33D-4D43-B07F-9A2CAEA2796E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 234
  • 3240097C-4FBC-4D8E-A648-46C68BDFB965.jpeg
    3240097C-4FBC-4D8E-A648-46C68BDFB965.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up, are there any good deals on wireless chargers? I'm looking to pick up 3 of them. Wish my XS Max would charge at 10W wirelessly.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Just to answer my own question, found some discounts on the Belkin Boost Up 7.5w, Morphie charger 7.5w and Anker PowerPoint 10w wireless chargers so I purchased all 3. Will write up a comparison after I get my products. I know the Anker PowerPoint only charges the iPhone at 5w, but maybe in the future I can use it when iPhones support 10w charging.

Reactions: Ralfi

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
Just to answer my own question, found some discounts on the Belkin Boost Up 7.5w, Morphie charger 7.5w and Anker PowerPoint 10w wireless chargers so I purchased all 3. Will write up a comparison after I get my products. I know the Anker PowerPoint only charges the iPhone at 5w, but maybe in the future I can use it when iPhones support 10w charging.
Do you mind me asking where you found the discounts?
[doublepost=1543291189][/doublepost]Are there any wireless chargers that come ready to fast charge? Or is there another part needed?

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Do you mind me asking where you found the discounts?
[doublepost=1543291189][/doublepost]Are there any wireless chargers that come ready to fast charge? Or is there another part needed?

These were heavily discounted on Amazon.com. I don't know if they're still for sale or if the price went back to normal. I believe 7.5w is as fastest charge the iPhone will support at this time. Morphie and Belkin products include the fast charge plug. Others, you need to buy the plug separately.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Picked up this Belkin today with a price match at Best Buy from Amazon.

Seems to charge much faster than the Samsung fast wireless chargers.

IMG_0434.JPG

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Got this one from Amazon which was £12.

I only picked it up because I think it looks cool haha.

Does the job!

X76nsf0.jpg

jPDdPoh.jpg

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
I got myself the Logitech Powered and couldn't be happier with it.
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HM6U2VC/A/logitech-powered-wireless-charging-stand

Build quality is top notch and it blends perfectly on my desk.
It does 7.5W fast charging on my XS Max. Wished it did 10W as well but I don't think Apple will increase the charging speed to soon.
I’m thinking of getting this or
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H1PZRQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8SEbCbZSHSWDJ
for my daughter for Christmas, but not sure.

This one is nice too
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZX9GF3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_xdFbCbYM1NENR

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.