Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
How you got that ETA?
Nah i brought from a local reseller which they get their supply directly from caudabe. Thats the eta provided by them. Understand that caudabe customer service at this time and period they are pretty much all hands on deck, didnt wanna go through the hassle . So decide to buy from reseller rather then direct

Last edited:
Reactions: Sal09

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
tried the otterbox symmetry… feels great in the hand, and buttons are excellent but that’s where the hype kind of stops for me. The case pushes off the phone super easy… at least on the pro 6.1 it is far from a tight fit. MagSafe strength is mediocre also. Just my 2 cents

evereev33

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
Got this case from Amazon and it meets all my criteria: frosted clear case with covered free floating buttons. Has a nice soft touch feel too it, not slippery, not sticky. Thinner than silicone cases but feels more protective than totallee. I like the accent of gold although some areas of the camera frame came scratched.
Cons:
- buttons aren’t covered and rattle. I put small pieces of tape on the underside which I hope protects the phone, and also solved the rattling.
- front lip is minimal with a screen protector (torras diamond shield)
- apple logo isn’t centered. But it’s actually not that easy to see the logo so it doesn’t bother me as much as with a true clear case.
- the edges aren’t straight, at first I thought it was a defect, but it happens around the buttons and I realize it’s by design. Not super noticeable to me once on the phone.

araree Aero Frame Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Case, Compatible with MagSafe, Hard PC Slim Protective Translucent Matte Non-Slip Full-Body Shockproof Phone Case for iPhone 15 Pro Case - Clear Matt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJ8ZBN9H?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_FM3RJ3AQK46QZMHJAVCA&language=en-US

Attachments

• IMG_6390.jpeg
    IMG_6390.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6396.jpeg
    IMG_6396.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6392.jpeg
    IMG_6392.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6388.jpeg
    IMG_6388.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6387.jpeg
    IMG_6387.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6393.jpeg
    IMG_6393.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: darrinS

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2016
I wound up returning my Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and my new Leather Case for my 15 Pro from Belemay is currently out for delivery! The Crashguard wound up being too thick for my liking and the buttons which are designed to be removable, just did not fit that great and were very wobbly when using them. Judging from the reviews and user pictures of the Belemay Leather Case, it should age amazingly, and much better than Apple's own leather cases within the past years. It has aluminum buttons and an aluminum camera bezel which I think will contrast nicely with my White 15 Pro. Will post pictures once I do get it!

81QUd8vmz2L._AC_SX679_.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 10.04.41 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 10.04.53 AM.png

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
I got the ESR Halo lock case because I had it for the 14 Pro Max and it was great and has strong magnets and I have the ESR 3-1 charging station with Halo Lock.

IMG_0028.png

I work in construction so for work I use the Lanheim waterproof/dustproof case and have it on all week and when I take it off there’s no dust at all in it it’s well sealed with a cover for the usb c port and silicon dust covers over the speaker and action button and the camera is sealed in by the back cover. The only downside is on phone calls it sounds like your phone is inside a box because everything is sealed in but I’ll take the trade off for having the dust protection.

IMG_0029.png

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
My replacement action button Caudabe Synthesis arrived today.

Is it just me, or is anyone else MASSIVELY underwhelmed by the action button cover on this case? Mine is so ridiculously un-resonsive, to the point I'm not even sure if the button is being pressed until something happens on screen. Making me actually think I prefer my cutout version.

Anyone else had this? And is it the same on the Sheath? I'm debating trying that instead.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I wound up returning my Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and my new Leather Case for my 15 Pro from Belemay is currently out for delivery! The Crashguard wound up being too thick for my liking and the buttons which are designed to be removable, just did not fit that great and were very wobbly when using them. Judging from the reviews and user pictures of the Belemay Leather Case, it should age amazingly, and much better than Apple's own leather cases within the past years. It has aluminum buttons and an aluminum camera bezel which I think will contrast nicely with my White 15 Pro. Will post pictures once I do get it!

View attachment 2295407 View attachment 2295409 View attachment 2295408

Wow, how long have you been using it for it to get that scratched up?

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007

Is it just me, or is anyone else MASSIVELY underwhelmed by the action button cover on this case? Mine is so ridiculously un-resonsive, to the point I'm not even sure if the button is being pressed until something happens on screen. Making me actually think I prefer my cutout version.

Anyone else had this? And is it the same on the Sheath? I'm debating trying that instead.
Returned for exact same reason terrible button.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Very interesting. What makes you prefer the cutout version?

After using both for a few days, I like that the cutout version makes it harder to accidentally press the action button. I don’t actually use the action button that much, but with the cover over the button, I’ve had it depress accidentally a couple of times so far (when it’s in my pocket or laying upside down in the cupholder in my car).

Both are great, but I just feel like for me, the recessed, uncovered button works better.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005

I have the Sheath and Synthesis action button cases, and the buttons both feel fine to me. I'm still going to stick with the Sheath, but I just tried my Synthesis action button and it feels nothing like what you're describing. It's easy to press and pretty responsive. I can clearly tell when something is happening (not to mention the haptics come through clearly as well). I wonder if there's maybe some variability in manufacturing and you just got a bad apple?

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Why is that, Are the buttons not good to use or harder to press etc?

I responded to another poster above, but rest assured the covered button version is nice and clicky. It doesn’t make the button harder to press. In fact, that’s exactly why I like the open button version better, because the button is recessed and harder to accidentally press.

Both versions are great, I just prefer the open action button.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
After using both for a few days, I like that the cutout version makes it harder to accidentally press the action button. I don’t actually use the action button that much, but with the cover over the button, I’ve had it depress accidentally a couple of times so far (when it’s in my pocket or laying upside down in the cupholder in my car).

Both are great, but I just feel like for me, the recessed, uncovered button works better.

Didn't Apple just issue an update to make accidental action button presses less of an issue? You weren't the only one with that problem. I can't remember if it was in a beta release or already released.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Like the option of custom colour camera ring and buttons with the Rhinoshield Solidsuit, but it's reportedly slippy.
Any user views?

In the past, Rhinoshield cases have been given the nickname “SlipperySuit” for a reason. I haven’t tried any of this year’s cases, but it looks like they’re pretty much the same. I like their design, but they’ve always been so damn slippery. I don’t know why they don’t add some grip to the edges, at least.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I have the Sheath and Synthesis action button cases, and the buttons both feel fine to me. I'm still going to stick with the Sheath, but I just tried my Synthesis action button and it feels nothing like what you're describing. It's easy to press and pretty responsive. I can clearly tell when something is happening (not to mention the haptics come through clearly as well). I wonder if there's maybe some variability in manufacturing and you just got a bad apple?
Hmm that's interesting, maybe so then. I think I'll email Caudabe and ask at least then.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015

This exactly. Action buttons feel good to me on both the Sheath and Synthesis. I'm going to giveaway my cutout versions to someone because I'll probably never use them again.

I surprisingly have really liked the Synthesis this year. I still find myself gravitating to the Sheath, but the Synthesis is a very close second. Glad to have them both.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
tried the otterbox symmetry… feels great in the hand, and buttons are excellent but that’s where the hype kind of stops for me. The case pushes off the phone super easy… at least on the pro 6.1 it is far from a tight fit. MagSafe strength is mediocre also. Just my 2 cents
When you say MagSafe strength is mediocre, what accessories are you using with it?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
This exactly. Action buttons feel good to me on both the Sheath and Synthesis. I'm going to giveaway my cutout versions to someone because I'll probably never use them again.

I surprisingly have really liked the Synthesis this year. I still find myself gravitating to the Sheath, but the Synthesis is a very close second. Glad to have them both.
Good to hear there's a few people saying my button shouldn't be this bad. Gives me faith it's a one-off on my case. I've emailed Caudabe.

Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.