Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Time for a little self reflection…. How many cases do you guys own for your 15 series so far?? lol I’ll go first, I have 8 with 2 more ordered on the way! LOL

Edit: 2 of the 8 are Caudabe “freebies” because of the cut out situation
Two so far...I left my old standby, the Otterbox Defender Pro for the Defender Pro XT case for Magsafe so that I could use my ESR Cryo Cool Halolock 2-in-1 wireless charging stand.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I am still on a 14 pro and have read every post here lol, I think the only case so far in here that would get me away from the sheath or the mous I have is the nomad leather.
Mous is $140AUD now and the sheath $75, both way over priced imo.
Nomad = $79.
Mous leather back is around $100, is it real leather? does it leave a magsafe mark anyone know?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Forgot I even ordered this case lol...the Otterbox Lumen in gray I ordered from Apple showed up today. What an outstanding color and matches the natty titanium perfectly. Tactile buttons are amazing too. Not bulky, the perfect amount of protection I like in a case that's not too thin.

Magsafe strength is next level

swpP0BK.jpg

h6XIdwn.jpg

40yuE6y.jpg

LqCbxtw.jpg

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I wound up returning my Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and my new Leather Case for my 15 Pro from Belemay is currently out for delivery! The Crashguard wound up being too thick for my liking and the buttons which are designed to be removable, just did not fit that great and were very wobbly when using them. Judging from the reviews and user pictures of the Belemay Leather Case, it should age amazingly, and much better than Apple's own leather cases within the past years. It has aluminum buttons and an aluminum camera bezel which I think will contrast nicely with my White 15 Pro. Will post pictures once I do get it!

View attachment 2295408
I sent mine back. The fit was awful, none of the edges were the same height. And the case had a slimy feel to it.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Forgot I even ordered this case lol...the Otterbox Lumen in gray I ordered from Apple showed up today. What an outstanding color and matches the natty titanium perfectly. Tactile buttons are amazing too. Not bulky, the perfect amount of protection I like in a case that's not too thin.

Magsafe strength is next level

40yuE6y.jpg
That’s impressive! It has to be the thinnest Otteebox case ever. How’s the weight?

Last edited:
Reactions: VaderRulez

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
I got the nomad rugged for my iPhone 15 pro and I found the action button is stuck and not tactile as the other buttons which have a very solid click. It makes the action button very easy to activate and feels mushy too. Anyone else have this issue or have I possibly got a dud case? Expected better from nomad.

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Hey guys! Payday came so I was finally able to get a premium case and screen protector. I was using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid w/ MagSafe just to have something and must say it was a decent $20 budget case and ended up getting spoiled of the lightweight and bare screen hehe. I was deciding between the CASETiFY bounce and Mous Limitless. I found out Best Buy now carries CASETiFY so I took a ride to see in person first. I ended up going with their Impact inside out model and Zagg Glass Elite. I’ve always used Zagg so that was a no brainer to me. The Impact is definitely built like a tank, the sides are pretty grippy , the back is smooth but has a little bit of feel so it won’t fly across a smooth surface. The buttons perform well but there’s only a cutout for the action button which I’m fine with. Definitely a strong enough magnet too. I was originally gonna get the bounce for the extra protection but this one has over 8 foot drop and 4x military grade which is good enough for me. Love how easy the screen protector install is nowadays.

I may still purchase the Mous Limitless to compare and I’ll take some pics in the near future.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Time for a little self reflection…. How many cases do you guys own for your 15 series so far?? lol I’ll go first, I have 8 with 2 more ordered on the way! LOL

6 returned. 2 kept (Apple silicone and Meifigno). 2 incoming. 🤷

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010

Just the one. Really trying to not spend too much at the moment and fight my normal tendencies, haha.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
That’s one thing I don’t like about the Decoded, the camera ring scratches very easy.
Oh that is good to know i was going to try the decoded leather case but started seeing people complain about the camera ring scratching very easy . I pre-ordered the Andar aspen case today for the 15 pro max in Navy.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Warning - long post incoming!

I have a 15PM Natty. Been following this thread since launch and bought a lot of cases! I ended up with:

Moft MOVAS Snap Misty Cove (https://www.moft.us/products/iphone-leather-case-magsafe-compatible?variant=40245032681559). Dress/Formal. Too white/bright to use as a daily, but wooooow it is a gorgeous case in real life. Great fit and feel too. There is one flaw, and that's the symmetrical speaker cutouts at the bottom. Doesn't bother me personally, but it should be pointed out.

Nomad Modern Horween Leather Rustic Brown (https://nomadgoods.com/products/modern-leather-case-horween-rustic-brown-iphone-15-pro-max). At the office/after work nights out. Perfect case in every way. Not a single flaw I can think of.

Caudabe Synthesis Celestial Blue with Button Cover (https://caudabe.com/products/synthe...?variant=40984151326817#product-sibling-links) All purpose/everyday/weekends (the no-button cover first run was a disaster with the magnets falling out, but the button cover version is great. Feels like a tank with the tight fit, and has a nice slim profile). I can probably swap this out with a Sheath if I wanted to. Both are great cases.

I've already tried and returned (my opinions only):

Caseology Nano Pop Mag - A really nice case in every way, as good as or better than any Spigen case. Great fit and loved the sandpaper type grip on the sides. Slim profile too. Except there was a permanent magsafe ring impint that was left on the case after a charging for a week.

ESR Magsafe Silicone Case with camera kickstand - Too slippery and left a lot of lint, fingerprints and smudges. Overall the case looked like a big dark slippery TPU blob on the phone. No style at all. Thick fat wide profile. Not premium looking or feeling. I should have been impressed, but laughed instead when I saw the microfiber lined interior (can you tell I hated this case)? Nice camera ring stand though.

Apple Silicone - Too slippery/goofy feeling in the hand for me. Better than ESR though because it was a lot better resisting fingerprints and smudges, and had a slimmer profile. The grey one was super nice but Caudabe beat it out.

Tech21 Evo Check - I really really wanted to keep this case because it is perfect in every way, except for the icky super slippery fingerprint prone back. Otherwise a great case that felt like you could safely bounce the phone in the case like a basketball (don't try this at home). It felt really protective, and overall the hand feel was sublime. You could also exchange the buttons like the symmetry with differenty colored buttons. Plus it had dual lanyard holes like the Nomad. Almost perfect except for that damned slippery back.

Zagg Everest Snap - Also another almost winner. Bulky in a nice, protective way. It reminded me of the old OB Commuter/Defender cases. Felt like it could handle a lot of abuse. Great non-slippery, no fingerprint texture on the case. Nice clicky buttons. And the kickstand was a major plus. The Magsafe ring was waaaaay too weak, though. Disappointed with how bad the magsafe was. f it wasn't for the ****** Magsafe I would have kept this over the Synthesis as an everyday case.

Mujjo Shield Case - The first runs had a defect where the Magsafe didn't work. Shame because it was a great case, leather was nice and it felt really protective without being too bulky (it was a little too heavy for my liking). Nomad Modern Leather ended up being a much nicer case overall imo.

I also have an Apple Finewoven Taupe. I'm past my return period but I'm hoping to exchange it for a gift card at the Apple Store. If they won't take it back I'll probbaly try and sell it. The Nomad and the Moft as a pair is more than enough to use instead. Not knocking FW at all, it's the lightest, thinnest, nicest feeling case of all the ones I've tried. I just don't think it will hold up well on rainy/snowy or busy, active days, going out to eat etc. As a casual everyday case with not a lot going on in your day, it is a great case.

Aaaand I'm done. Just want to thank everyone for posting on this thread! Everyone has been extrtemely helpful and it's been a a lot of fun following it (and I will continue to do so!). Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.