Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Time for a little self reflection…. How many cases do you guys own for your 15 series so far?? lol I’ll go first, I have 8 with 2 more ordered on the way! LOL

Edit: 2 of the 8 are Caudabe “freebies” because of the cut out situation
5, and I’m stopping now. Nomad Rugged in both black and orange, Mous Limitless in aramid, Apple FineWoven in black, and a Pitaka Pro arriving on Monday.

Reactions: Mr.C and Joe123Joe

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
1). Pitaka mag ez pro. It’s amazing. More I have had it (lol a day or so…) I am not sure what else to buy. Tbh I love the look at feel of the clay apple silicone case but am not sure about it as a use case. Same with fine woven. Felt nice in store but I don’t think it will age well.

Lots of cases I want to handle but this may be the one.

Reactions: salafman and Zensō

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Thanks, Synthesis the only think I dont like is that ugly camera cutout. Looks like I will be getting the Sheath
I felt the same way about the camera cut out looking at pictures, but it’s actually lit in real life! lol I wouldn’t mind it if the little scoop wasn’t there, but I feel like it looks way better IRL

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Finally got my Rebel today and gave it a try… I really like the redesigned side grips and how flush the edges are around the screen with the high corners but those metal accents match the black titanium terribly in my opinion. The case might sit on ice until new camera ring colors become available. Just don’t care for that color in real life AT ALL. Other than that I really like the case, what a shame. Back into my black synthesis I go…

Pitaka MagEZ Pro is showing up tomorrow. Hopefully that ends up being the “glass slipper” lol but otherwise I really only have my eye on POSSIBLY the Nomad Rugged if the smudging on the back is improved from last year, and I have an English Tan Andar Aspen with the button cover on the way. Then I’m finished……. I hope…. For now….. until I get paid on Thursday 🤦‍♂️

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks. I’ve ordered the Green Fabric version but looking at your pics that bottom lens is not fully protected. It baffles me why did they change that for pro version and kept lip for pro max version.

Edit: Just cancelled my Amazon order for Mous.

Little late but I assume that they did this because some cases interfere with massage attachments.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Yeah I’m aiming to keep it under 10 this year… every time I upgrade I have a shopping bag full of cases to clear out of my drawer… and no one to give them to. Wasteful AF, but I love this ish 🤣
haha... I forgot one. I had a FW case that I returned before I even got the 15 pro. So, that should have been 10 ordered, 4 returned, 5 kept, 1 still coming. Don't think there's any more room in my drawer. 🤣

Reactions: darrinS

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Honestly this year it’s going to be hard to beat the Sheath and Synthesis this yeah imo. It’s really so many great options but Caudabe nailed the even better fit than last year with having a more rigid material. This Synthesis is going to be hard to beat for me.
Hey Tee. Since you take your cases off all the time, have you ran into this issue? The bottom MagSafe magnet getting dislodged on the Synthesis. Example of my case below

full

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Hey Tee. Since you take your cases off all the time, have you ran into this issue? The bottom MagSafe magnet getting dislodged on the Synthesis. Example of my case below

full
It’s funny because me and the contact I have at Caudabe were just going back and forth about this via voice memos and he stated this was a very small batch that was affected by the manufacturer missing a step with the bottom magnet. If you reach out to support I’m sure they will take care of you but they said this would be the issues with a very very small batch if you had one of the earlier models.

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
Honestly this year it’s going to be hard to beat the Sheath and Synthesis this yeah imo. It’s really so many great options but Caudabe nailed the even better fit than last year with having a more rigid material. This Synthesis is going to be hard to beat for me.

good to hear that ... cos I just pre-ordered Grey Sheath few days ago ..currently using Benks ArmorPro

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Forgot I even ordered this case lol...the Otterbox Lumen in gray I ordered from Apple showed up today. What an outstanding color and matches the natty titanium perfectly. Tactile buttons are amazing too. Not bulky, the perfect amount of protection I like in a case that's not too thin.

Magsafe strength is next level

swpP0BK.jpg

h6XIdwn.jpg

40yuE6y.jpg

LqCbxtw.jpg
I always wanted to try the Otterbox lumen.

Has anyone had this in past years? Does it yellow at all?

Reactions: VSMacOne

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Forgot I even ordered this case lol...the Otterbox Lumen in gray I ordered from Apple showed up today. What an outstanding color and matches the natty titanium perfectly. Tactile buttons are amazing too. Not bulky, the perfect amount of protection I like in a case that's not too thin.

Magsafe strength is next level

swpP0BK.jpg

h6XIdwn.jpg

40yuE6y.jpg

LqCbxtw.jpg
Is this one of those cases that only available from Apple?

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I’ve ended up with the Pitaka MagEZ on my last 3 phones. Really like the grip and the small size works well for me as I don’t have the biggest hands for the Max size. Using the MagEZ on my 15 PM since the start but the same worries I always have with the new phone are there - what if I drop it?! So I’ve ordered some more cases to try as possible alternatives which should arrive in the next few days

- Spigen ultra hybrid magfit. In general I don’t like clear cases so not sure why I ordered it but let’s see. Feels a shame to cover up the natural titanium.

- Spigen Enzo Arimid. Concerned about how grippy it will be but otherwise looks interesting.

- Pitaka MagEZ Pro. Hopefully gives the same grip as the thinner case but with more protection.

All are probably a bit heavier and bulkier than I would really like but that’s the trade off for protection. I would consider the sheath but as I’m in the UK the international shipping is a bit off putting. What’s the likelihood they will all get returned and I’ll end up sticking with the MagEZ?!

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
That’s one thing I don’t like about the Decoded, the camera ring scratches very easy.
@TechnicallyTee Where did you see that? Of all the pages I’ve read the Decoded brand seemed like a safe bet, so I ordered off the back of that-hadn’t seen any comments about scratching. Wondering whether I’ve made a mistake now!

As it turns out, it’s one week on from ordering and I’ve not heard anything g anyway, so maybe not too late to cancel if that’s bad… Could you point me towards any images you may have seen?

Dh1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2023
yep! have both the spigen and the ESR leather wallets, find the ESR is a bit better build quality
Ok great thanks. Which ESR leather wallet do you use? I’m looking the Geo with find my. Do you know if it’s possible to purchase a spare charging cable?

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
@TechnicallyTee Where did you see that? Of all the pages I’ve read the Decoded brand seemed like a safe bet, so I ordered off the back of that-hadn’t seen any comments about scratching. Wondering whether I’ve made a mistake now!

As it turns out, it’s one week on from ordering and I’ve not heard anything g anyway, so maybe not too late to cancel if that’s bad… Could you point me towards any images you may have seen?
the frame around the camera ring is metal. just don’t place your phone down and slide it all around. i had a case last year and it didn’t scratch. i am slightly an@l and am always careful where i place my phone down and try not to slide it back and forth, so maybe that’s why. i wouldn’t worry about it. it’s not going to scratch your phone, the case just might look bad if you’re not careful. that’s my 2 cents.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I might have to take the plunge and get the gray one for my blue ti 15 pro max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.